C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Is this pinched hose affecting my driveability?

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2003, 08:41 PM
gpagaduan
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is this pinched hose affecting my driveability?

Its the PCV hose that runs under the plenum and connects to the TB on the passenger side. It looks like the hose is 5/16" and there's only about 3" of it before it connects to metal tubing which looks like it runs to the charcoal canister. I have been getting some infrequent code 32's and some recent stalling problems. I'm definitely replace the 5/16" hose with a curved hose (if they make it) so it's not pinched. At mininum, it will rule out one more thing to troubleshoot if it doesnt solve the problem.
Old 10-17-2003, 11:48 AM
dlmeyers
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Is this pinched hose affecting my driveability? (gpagaduan)

The hose coming out of the throttle body, across the engine, should terminate at the canister purge solenoid. A pinched line will not allow fuel vapors to be burned when the ECM commands the solenoid open therby allow HC vapors to be drawn into the engine through the Throttle Body. For a code 32, move to the left side of the engine, look up under the front part of the plenum, there should be a vacuum fitting with a 90 degree rubber vacuum connector. Follow that down and check and make sure everything is intact. On the 90, I believe that line should split off with some vacuum going to the EGR control solenoid and the second line going to the tank pressure control valve. With Code 32's, I usually start with physical inspection making sure everything is connected.

Good luck.

dlmeyers 90 coupe zf6 3 speed shocks

Quick Reply: Is this pinched hose affecting my driveability?