C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Shifter Linkage and Stuffs (C4/C3 Cross Breed)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2003, 11:15 AM
Madmikeee
Team Owner

Location: Sometimes I wonder... why is that frisbee getting bigger? Then it hits me.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Shifter Linkage and Stuffs (C4/C3 Cross Breed)

Hey all, Again trying to get a feel for what I need to do to the 77 while she is being worked on over the winter. I am trying to prioritize the TINY amount of money I will have to be able to get small jobs done.
The shifter right now is the primary thing in my mind other than complete fluid changes and some tuning. For reference it is a 77 Shark with a 92 LT1 and 6 spd. The car runs BEAUTIFULLY however the shifting is quite stiff. She shifts ok but I would like to see it be a little smoother. What can I look at to either upgrade to an aftermarket short throw or maybe repair/"loosen" up the shifter currently in the car.

Anyone have some ideas?
Old 11-10-2003, 11:21 AM
scorp508
Team Owner

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts

Default Re: Shifter Linkage and Stuffs (Madmikeee)

Hey Mike. If they put the ZF6 in there it is a top loading shifter so there is no real "linkage" to speak of. If you go to a short throw the shifting is stiffer because of the shortened fulcrum. Its possible that an aftermarket shifter is in there already and a stock shifter would lessen the effort required.
Old 11-10-2003, 11:41 AM
Madmikeee
Team Owner

Location: Sometimes I wonder... why is that frisbee getting bigger? Then it hits me.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In X Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06

Default Re: Shifter Linkage and Stuffs (scorp508)

Hey Mike. If they put the ZF6 in there it is a top loading shifter so there is no real "linkage" to speak of. If you go to a short throw the shifting is stiffer because of the shortened fulcrum. Its possible that an aftermarket shifter is in there already and a stock shifter would lessen the effort required.
Hmmm.. Good Point. Ya know I meant to ask the guy about it but I kept forgetting. I am going to get a complete breakdown of the car when I pick it up this weekend.

THANKS!
:cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Shifter Linkage and Stuffs (C4/C3 Cross Breed)

Quick Reply: Shifter Linkage and Stuffs (C4/C3 Cross Breed)