C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

Code 43 ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2003, 08:15 AM
Davidsvette85
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Code 43 ???

Ok here's the problem. I have a code 43 coming up and I went through all the procedure to test it out and I was getting 9.4 volts which would make the problem in the connection at the ECM or the ECM is bad. I have checked the connection and just to make sure it was good I scraped the terminal and put some electrical grease on it with a tooth pick. That didn't seem to help, it still comes up. Now here's the question. Do I need to reset the check engine light everytime I try something?Or will it go away on it's on if I fix the problem. And if it's the ECM is there somewhere I can get it tested? And can the ECM be bad only in that respect? Everything else seems to be doing just great. And will it hurt anything if I drive it with this code on?
Old 11-23-2003, 01:09 PM
vinnies87
Le Mans Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude '03-'04-'05-'06-'07
Default Re: Code 43 ??? (Davidsvette85)

1. yes you need to reset by disconnecting neg cable for 10+ seconds, it will not reset itself. and it will not go away even if you fix the problem.
2. Don't know if anywhere you can get it tested...
3. Code 43 - can be caused by a faulty connection at the knock sensor at the ESC module or at the ECM. you could also check CKT 485 (black wire) at position B7 at the ECM.
Old 11-23-2003, 11:41 PM
drvette85
Instructor

Default Re: Code 43 ??? (Davidsvette85)

:lurk:
Old 11-24-2003, 10:06 AM
Davidsvette85
Advanced

Default Re: Code 43 ??? (vinnies87)

I'll reset it , I hope thats what it is. I have checked connections at the knock sensor and the ecs and at the CKT 485 black w/yellow strip B7 connection at the ECM. Also the whole motor has been overhauled and all the sensors on the motor and on the car have been replaced so I know they are at least all new.

1. yes you need to reset by disconnecting neg cable for 10+ seconds, it will not reset itself. and it will not go away even if you fix the problem.
2. Don't know if anywhere you can get it tested...
3. Code 43 - can be caused by a faulty connection at the knock sensor at the ESC module or at the ECM. you could also check CKT 485 (black wire) at position B7 at the ECM.

Get notified of new replies

To Code 43 ???

Quick Reply: Code 43 ???