C4 Tech/Performance L98 Corvette and LT1 Corvette Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine

where is the cooling fan relay fuse located on a 91?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 06:23 PM
zelement
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default where is the cooling fan relay fuse located on a 91?

The fuse panel on the passenger side dash doesn't have a fuse for the cooling fan. I checked my 84-91 Haynes manual and the picture shows the fuse panel with a fuse for the Cooling fan. Mine doesn't have it? Does anyone know where it is, if it actually has one?
Old 05-01-2004, 09:28 PM
TempleCorvette
Heel & Toe

Default Re: where is the cooling fan relay fuse located on a 91? (zelement)

There should be a fusable link real close to the relay under the hood (left front wheel well area).

Cheers from Temple Texas
Old 05-01-2004, 11:04 PM
Alzado77
Racer

I have a 90. Both the relays for the primary and secondary fans are located on the drivers side mounted just to the left of the radiator. You will see 2 small boxes. There is supposed to be fusible links in the wiring close to these boxes. Unfortunately my car is in the shop getting painted so I'm getting this out of my service manual. I have located those relays before though so I know that is where they are located on a 90, probably the same for a 91. My manual doesn't show a fuse in the fuse panel, just those fusible links near the relays. Al
Old 05-02-2004, 02:02 AM
jfb
Team Owner

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts

The cooling fan motors do not have a fuse, they use a fusible link from the battery to the fan relay!
Old 05-02-2004, 02:14 AM
zelement
Melting Slicks

Default Re: where is the cooling fan relay fuse located on a 91? (jfb)

thanks for the replies. So, if the fan stops working does that mean the relays are no good?
Old 05-06-2004, 07:29 PM
Alzado77
Racer

If you locate the relays there is a light blue/black wire coming out of them on pin F. When the parameters are met to turn on the fan, that wire grounds and causes the fan to run. If you ground this wire the fan will start running. The pink/black wire is your power in. I've got the schematics and trouble shooting procedures in my GM manual. If you don't have one of these they are worth their wieght in gold. I bought mine used off of ebay for 60 bucks. I could scan them for you and email them to you if you are still having trouble. Let me know. It looks like a pretty simple troubleshoot with the proper info, Al

alzado77@***.net
Old 08-09-2016, 10:59 AM
melhard
Heel & Toe

Will I lose the refrigerant if I replace the a/c clutch cycle pressure switch on 91 vet.
Old 08-09-2016, 12:23 PM
L.V. Vette
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by zelement
thanks for the replies. So, if the fan stops working does that mean the relays are no good?

I had the same problem recently. To track down the issue, I swapped the relays. If your other fan is working, switch the relays. If the fan still does not work, then you can rule out the relay being the cause. Mine turned out to be a bad fan motor.
Old 08-09-2016, 01:15 PM
melhard
Heel & Toe

I have no power going to my ac unit on 91 vet. replaced the ac clutch pressure switch and didn't correct problem. I powered the ac off a battery and all works fine. PLEASE HELP

Get notified of new replies

To where is the cooling fan relay fuse located on a 91?

Quick Reply: where is the cooling fan relay fuse located on a 91?