C4 Vendor for Sale Exclusive forum for vendors to list C4 products, services and promotions.

New Wilwood Aero6 and Aero4 Kits

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2014, 10:39 AM
0Todd TCE
Former Vendor

Received 110 Likes on 90 Posts

Default New Wilwood Aero6 and Aero4 Kits

Effective August 1st: All Wilwood factory and TCE/Wilwood kit sold with the W6A and W4A calipers will now be shipped with the new Aero6 and Aero4 models.

The Aero series represents an extension of the proven and popular W series and builds upon that success.

What makes the Aero series stand out?

1. A slightly larger body and anulus designed to accommodate up to 15" diameter discs.
2. A build in bridge reinforcement addressing those who had concerns about body flex.
3. An internal crossover, removing unsightly and potentially damaged external pipes.
4. Single fit bleeder fittings for ease of service and less visual streaking of the outer shell.
5. The availability of a base black anodized caliper for those with track use applications where powder coat finishes can trap heat.

Or course these calipers are also available in standard BLACK and RED powder coat as well as QUICK SILVER finish.

And if that's not enough; all models can be fit with Wilwood's Thermlock pistons for extreme heat applications.

The Aero series uses the same 6617 pad found in the W series as well as the same mounting specs making it a direct interchange for anyone using a W6A or W4A now.

This calipers does retain the pesky clip and pin pad retention found on the W series and does now require the caliper be removed from the bracket to replace the pads. It is no longer a 'top loading' caliper. I'm certain some will find fault with that but it's part of the design trade off. Hopefully compared to other options the additional 10-20% cubic pad material will not having you service the pads as often anyhow.

TCE will be supplying this caliper on all future 'house' kits and customs that were supplied with the W series as well as continuing to stock a extensive line of pads, service parts and Titaninum heat barriers for all your needs!
Attached Images    
Old 08-05-2014, 09:44 AM
0Todd TCE
Former Vendor

Oh, and did I mention:

1. There's no change in kit price.
2. The Aero6 ST with thermlocks for track use comes with the 20mm thick pad? No more whining from others about 17mm pads ok?!

Old 08-12-2014, 06:19 PM
locobob
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Is there a kit for C4's that this applies to? Not seeing anything.
Old 08-13-2014, 09:47 AM
0Todd TCE
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by locobob
Is there a kit for C4's that this applies to? Not seeing anything.

Not as of now. Can't say for sure if there will be or not. The issue on the C4 is one of both sales volume and packaging. It's no secret that the C5/C6 stuff remains the same and is an easy fit for 18" wheels with a wider market than the C4 is. Also the C4 having less of a large wheel assortment would mean a 13" Aero6 fitment and that's not a good mix due to parts size, it's really more home on a 14-15" rotor.

Could it be done? Certainly and that's where my shop would come in as a custom builder. If you're interested by all means let me know.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:36 PM
zr-1 guy
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I can fit c5 calipers on my car now, can I run these?
Old 08-14-2014, 09:40 PM
0Todd TCE
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by zr-1 guy
If I can fit c5 calipers on my car now, can I run these?

I'm trying to wrap my head around your question. *Not a Corvette expert here, more of a Wilwood one.

If you can mount C5 parts to the car now...on C5 spindles/hubs/knuckles...then I'd say yes. But, if you have the C5 parts cobbled to the C4 parts somehow with a bracket or otherwise; no.

It's about the mounting of the caliper. Hole spacing, radial height (center line out) and the offset of the hub face to the spindle mount ears. A lot of factors.

If you're following me here great, if not let me know.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:52 AM
0Todd TCE
Former Vendor

Weekend shopping for new toys for the car? Gotcha covered with the best deals on Wilwood product!

Get notified of new replies

To New Wilwood Aero6 and Aero4 Kits

Quick Reply: New Wilwood Aero6 and Aero4 Kits