C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

While you guys were in BG ive been busy

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 10:57 PM
LoTu5
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default While you guys were in BG ive been busy

sorting out the loom that passes near the block and headers, this is the passenger side oxygen sensor wire as it was when it came off the car.

And this is it after i had protected it with "Thermo Tec" heat tape and wired it,i overlapped onto the plugs for extra protection.

Old 05-19-2005, 06:29 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

that really came out great!!! I've used the thermotec stuff (turbo jacket) but haven't used this tape. very nice.

one tip I just learned. don't use any velcro around the engine compartment, we just had a grand sport buddy catch fire!!!

nice job.
Old 05-19-2005, 08:34 AM
LoTu5
Drifting

This is what made me think about protecting the wiring,the knock sensor and wiring,the covering has virtually been destroyed by the heat and it wouldnt of been long before the wiring had been affected.

Ive fixed it now and am awaiting delivery of a pair of special turning pliers so i can fasten it all up with wire to make it look like a proffesional job.
Ive also tucked earth wire to engine in some cool tube along with earth wire to bell housing,just got to tidy it all up then move onto insulating the wiring on top of the engine that plugs into the plenum and the wireing that goes to the injectors.

Old 05-19-2005, 08:51 AM
LoTu5
Drifting

Originally Posted by Rkreigh
that really came out great!!! I've used the thermotec stuff (turbo jacket) but haven't used this tape. very nice.

one tip I just learned. don't use any velcro around the engine compartment, we just had a grand sport buddy catch fire!!!

nice job.
Thanks Ron,i found it pretty fiddly but the best way in the end was to cut a length of tape and turn it along one side then lay the wiring in and roll the tape trying to keep it tight,then i checked where the plugs inserted up to and made up a boot out of the same tape to cover,its pretty sticky stuff but for extra insurance ive fastenend that part of the loom into its holders back on the engine then i am going to wire it every inch or so with twisting pliers,velcro tip noted,ive just bought some heat bandage for the headers but may resort to header jackets instead as i hear that damp gets under the bandage.

Get notified of new replies

To While you guys were in BG ive been busy

Quick Reply: While you guys were in BG ive been busy