C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

LT5 Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 11:49 AM
JordiZR1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Amen
Old 10-17-2005, 11:57 AM
LoTu5
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bloody Aussies always were trouble ,probably still smarting after we beat them at Rugby and Cricket
Old 10-17-2005, 09:00 PM
Casethecorvetteman
Le Mans Master

Received 59 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by LoTu5
Bloody Aussies always were trouble ,probably still smarting after we beat them at Rugby and Cricket

Hang on a minute.... Didnt WE win the bloody cricket????

Originally Posted by Greybeard ZR1
If the work can be "done right here", maybe you can refer him to someone that can do it. There are even pix, and how-to's on the net for reference.
I'm sure that there are plenty of head porting guys down under that could do the job. It wouldn't even be necessary to send your whole engine to the U.S. anyway. Getting 500hp. out of an LT5 isn't rocket science. Port and polish the top end, maybe order some cams from the states, a good dyno tune, and you've got it.
I sent him a private message about 3 days ago offering assistance, so im way ahead of ya.

Last edited by Casethecorvetteman; 10-17-2005 at 09:04 PM.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:50 PM
threestar40
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Greybeard ZR1
If the work can be "done right here", maybe you can refer him to someone that can do it. There are even pix, and how-to's on the net for reference.
I'm sure that there are plenty of head porting guys down under that could do the job. It wouldn't even be necessary to send your whole engine to the U.S. anyway. Getting 500hp. out of an LT5 isn't rocket science. Port and polish the top end, maybe order some cams from the states, a good dyno tune, and you've got it.

That's exactly what I got...Someone, I think Rat, said he had the fastest 350 around...My 350 is pretty nasty, vettedoctors top end porting, watsons, 4:09s, Cams, Zindustries tuning(whoever that Is), etc. but When the people that sold me the car said it made 440 at the rear wheels and I passed that info onto the forum I got my *** jumped and everyone said no way, or that they would be very surprised if that was true. So making 500 out of a stock displacement LT5 might just be rocket science or worse from what I'm told. You gotta change the displacement to get to 500hp on the motor, Right?

Changing this displacement is every bit as bas as rocket science as far as I'm concerned. Bang for the Buck factor really completely sucks when you start doing that to this car IMO.

This stupid car is too complicated. I love it though.

HMMMM

Rick

BTW, Nice thread, Yeah, right. Well, It brought almost everyone out, including Norm.

Again, HMMMM

Quick Reply: LT5 Upgrade