C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Never Titled, Original Mso

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2005, 04:54 PM
savagezr1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Never Titled, Original Mso

When I bought my Z, 6 or 7 years ago it had not been titled. I purchased it from a friend of mine that got it new from his friend that owned a chevrolet dealership.
My friend also had a dealer's license because he always had 10 to 15 collector cars at one time. Some how he avoided tax with this license?

Since the car had never been titled until I got it, does that make me the original owner of record? And what is an MSO?

Thanx, Savage
Old 11-19-2005, 05:21 PM
*89x2*
Team Owner

Received 2,103 Likes on 1,075 Posts

Originally Posted by savagezr1
When I bought my Z, 6 or 7 years ago it had not been titled. I purchased it from a friend of mine that got it new from his friend that owned a chevrolet dealership.
My friend also had a dealer's license because he always had 10 to 15 collector cars at one time. Some how he avoided tax with this license?

Since the car had never been titled until I got it, does that make me the original owner of record? And what is an MSO?

Thanx, Savage

manufacturer's statement of origin (MSO), also referred to as a manufacturer's certificate of origin.

If you are the one who surrenders the MSO to the DMV, yes, you would be the 1st owner of record.
Old 11-19-2005, 05:29 PM
boatman
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Sent you a PM.
Boatman
Old 11-19-2005, 05:55 PM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

Received 522 Likes on 342 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

I bought my Callaway on MSO. I only had to pay taxes on the purchase price and I am listed as the first owner.

Get notified of new replies

To Never Titled, Original Mso

Quick Reply: Never Titled, Original Mso