C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

infl rest

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2006, 05:00 PM
hihok9
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default infl rest

My infl rest light is on in my 90. I tried to bring up the code for which side by jumping the k terminal to ground, but no eng light. Jumped a to b and code 12 flashes. Tried my buddies scanner and it was unable to communicate with ecm? Oh well, I read that the light problem is common on 90's due to bad ground on frame sensors. After removing fender well, battery tray, these are pics of what I found. My question is what is the electrical item that was unplugged, should it be unplugged and why? It seems to have been disconnected for quite some time. Could this be why my k pin isn't working? Cleaning all grounds and getting ready to reassemble, do I clean that and connect it?

Old 07-23-2006, 06:41 PM
hihok9
Instructor

Default what is it?

Nobody knows what this thing is or does?
Old 07-23-2006, 06:57 PM
corvette1989bham
Melting Slicks

I think that is for your 2 to 4th gear skip shift. Leave it unplugged after you clean it and seal it with a high quality wrapper. You need to read your CCM codes for airbag light...the engine codes are for the engine.
Old 07-23-2006, 08:25 PM
Jeffvette
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's either for your blower controls (depending upon the AC option) or your 1-4 relay.

You were right in jumping A-K. When you ground it, the infl rest ligth will flash the codes. You can start troubleshooting from there. But based upon the picture you posted, the left front sensor looks ugly. CLena up the frame to bare metal, clean the mouting tabs, wire wheel the bolts and use lots of dielctic grease.

To clean the connector, just go to radio shack and ask for some electrical contact cleaner. The tech geeks should be able to point you in the right direction. I would then plug the harness back up.

Get notified of new replies

To infl rest

Quick Reply: infl rest