C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Flexible brake lines from Master Cylinder??

Old 12-11-2006, 11:35 AM
Aurora40
Le Mans Master

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Flexible brake lines from Master Cylinder??

So I was trying to order the vacuum brake booster hose, the rubber hose from the brake booster to the intake manifold. As it turns out, both myself and the Chevy dealer I was ordering from jumped to the wrong part #.

I ordered up part #10222294, which it turns out is one of the flexible brake hoses that run off the brake master cylinder and down to who-knows-where under the car.

Even though it's a special order part, and I had the wrong number as well, P&G Chevy said I could go ahead and return it, which I thought was pretty nice of them.

But on to my question. Are these parts hard to come by? And do they have a tendency to fail, or a need to be replaced as a maintenance item? What I am wondering is, should I go ahead and keep it, or send it back?

Also, if I keep it, what's the part # for the second hose, or are they both the same and I just need a second one?

FYI, for anyone interested, the actual vacuum hose is now just a bulk hose/cut-to-fit job. Part #9438124, a 25' roll of 11/32" hose. My original hose seems to be a molded piece of rubber though.
Old 12-12-2006, 12:21 PM
phrogs
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I want to say they are the same part number for both of them the braded lines are the same.

I needed some a few months ago and got them no problem from wvzr1
but they are not something that I have seen fail but it probably wouldtn hurt to keep them as it is a ZR1 specific part

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Flexible brake lines from Master Cylinder??