C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

This Dodge Viper Guy

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2007, 05:40 PM
terrydennis
Le Mans Master

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts

Default This Dodge Viper Guy

Comes up next to me today, a beautiful Spring like day in the Napa Valley, and we both give each other a thumbs up.

We come to a stop light and I can see he wants to say something so I turn down the music.

He is obviously a car enthusiast as he say to me "that is a classic vette."

His viper was pretty awesome and I commented on his paint. It was a much better black than mine and had these really cool faint, not quite ghost, purple flames on the door.

His wife said they loved it and we went our separate ways, my tires breaking traction, just a little.

It was a nice exchange between two car enthusiests from different camps.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:10 PM
LowFlight
Team Owner

Received 50 Likes on 47 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03, '17
Cruise-In V Veteran

Sounds Great....and the Napa area is an awesome place to cruise. When the wife and I spent a few weeks there in May, I saw anything from an M5 to a Ferrari Enzo on the main highway. It was tough driving around in the Altima Rental....
Old 03-03-2007, 06:27 PM
ittlfly
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I used to work up in the Napa Valley, a lot. .... In one of THOSE black and white pick ups.... .............................. lots of nice cars and folks up that way.
Old 03-03-2007, 06:36 PM
ZR1fevr
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

terrydennis, pm sent. Curious what # your Z is.
Thanks, Kevin
Old 03-03-2007, 06:51 PM
ZR1fevr
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey, it is # 1935! Man, that was such a fun car, I really miss that one!
Glad to see you are still enjoying it. I saw that pic, & I thought that has to be my previous Z, sure enough. I need to get some more of that wine from you, my wife loved it.
Kevin
Old 03-03-2007, 07:19 PM
terrydennis
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ittlfly
I used to work up in the Napa Valley, a lot. .... In one of THOSE black and white pick ups.... .............................. lots of nice cars and folks up that way.

I'll bet I know some that you know.

Rich Garcia (grew up with his son)
Feltovin (sp)
John, damn. can't think of his last name. He sets up and checks the semi trucks South of the Buttler Bridge.
My Favorite...He was my baton instructor in 1989, Mike Gallagher. That SOB taught you to survive.

FWIW I was a Lake County Sheriff Deputy for a short time.

Enjoy your retirement years!
Old 03-03-2007, 07:23 PM
terrydennis
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ZR1fevr
Hey, it is # 1935! Man, that was such a fun car, I really miss that one!
Glad to see you are still enjoying it. I saw that pic, & I thought that has to be my previous Z, sure enough. I need to get some more of that wine from you, my wife loved it.
Kevin

I have more wine than I know what to do with.

Like I said, the car is great. We are having some awesome weather today so I washed and polished it up.

Since July, 2004 I've put around 13,000 mile on it. It's up around 52,000 or so and running strong.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:26 PM
terrydennis
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by LowFlight
Sounds Great....and the Napa area is an awesome place to cruise. When the wife and I spent a few weeks there in May, I saw anything from an M5 to a Ferrari Enzo on the main highway. It was tough driving around in the Altima Rental....
Let me know you're coming if you choose to have libations up this way again. Sorry about the rental car.

Oops, almost forgot, Niel Pert is an amazing Machine.

Last edited by terrydennis; 03-03-2007 at 08:13 PM.
Old 03-03-2007, 09:25 PM
ittlfly
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by terrydennis
I'll bet I know some that you know.

Rich Garcia (grew up with his son)
Feltovin (sp)
John, damn. can't think of his last name. He sets up and checks the semi trucks South of the Buttler Bridge.
My Favorite...He was my baton instructor in 1989, Mike Gallagher. That SOB taught you to survive.

FWIW I was a Lake County Sheriff Deputy for a short time.

Enjoy your retirement years!
It's a small world brother. Ron and Joannne Felthoven are living up near Seattle. He just sent me a few pics yesterday of his place... I can email them to you if you want to send me your email address.
and John Brandt is a box of rocks ...If you run into him tell him I said so. I taught him all he knows about big rigs. (he just retired also a few months ago.....
Old 03-03-2007, 10:07 PM
terrydennis
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by ittlfly
It's a small world brother. Ron and Joannne Felthoven are living up near Seattle. He just sent me a few pics yesterday of his place... I can email them to you if you want to send me your email address.
and John Brandt is a box of rocks ...If you run into him tell him I said so. I taught him all he knows about big rigs. (he just retired also a few months ago.....
Mr. Felthoven lived across the street from my at the time girlfriend.

I thought I'd would be cool and work on her car. I dumped her anti freeze down the gutter in front of her house. (Sorry environmentalists, I didn't know it was that harmful,) He walks over and says " I'm not going to do anything, but I'm just warning you, If Fish and Game saw what you were doing, you'd be in some trouble.

My GF and his daughter were friends too.

Funny my GF ended up marrying Greg Thorough. He's retired now(CHP), they are divorced, and that's probably a good thing.

They both live around the block from me...in separate houses.

Last edited by terrydennis; 03-03-2007 at 10:12 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To This Dodge Viper Guy

Quick Reply: This Dodge Viper Guy