C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

No fuel to throttle bodies

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 05:46 PM
Tex Pete
Heel & Toe

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default No fuel to throttle bodies

Hello thanks for the help i changed all damaged fuse links from arcing battery and thinking it was the ignition switch i changed that now i cannot find where the plug coming out the column goes to. The pig tail is in v shape with 4 wire yellow red blue green. I sprayed starting fluid into throttke bodies and i have spark because engibe ran for sec or 2 Im assuming this plug under the dash is for when you turn the key you prime the fuel pump but not it will not prime because its not plugged in but all accessories in car work. Can someone tell me where this plugs in to. Thank you
Old 09-22-2016, 06:52 PM
Tex Pete
Heel & Toe

here is what wire looks like
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...922_110246.jpg
Old 09-22-2016, 11:51 PM
FASTAZU
Race Director

Received 910 Likes on 583 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods)
2018 C4 of Year Finalist
2015 C4 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '16
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Just for a start here are some great reads and links to the L83 CF.

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...solutions.html
Old 09-23-2016, 09:28 PM
74 LS4-454
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified

Originally Posted by Tex Pete
Hello thanks for the help i changed all damaged fuse links from arcing battery and thinking it was the ignition switch i changed that now i cannot find where the plug coming out the column goes to. The pig tail is in v shape with 4 wire yellow red blue green. I sprayed starting fluid into throttke bodies and i have spark because engibe ran for sec or 2 Im assuming this plug under the dash is for when you turn the key you prime the fuel pump but not it will not prime because its not plugged in but all accessories in car work. Can someone tell me where this plugs in to. Thank you
You could have one of many different problems. As We Gone suggested check out the following link which will give you more insight into your problem. https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/...solutions.html
Check the NO START CONDITION(S) in the above link that may guide you along to solve your problem.....

And you are in the ZR-1 section, you would be better in the C4 General or Tech Section, or even the C3 Tech Section.
Although I have had my 82 dash out, I don't remember any connector similar to your photo, but then that was awhile ago and the 84 may be slightly different form the 82 in that respect. And that plug may not have anything to do with your fuel pumps. You also need a shop manual for your 84 which will help out immensely.

Keep us posted...........Tom
Old 09-23-2016, 11:19 PM
Tex Pete
Heel & Toe

thanks for all your help replaced fusable links thanks everyone

Get notified of new replies

To No fuel to throttle bodies

Quick Reply: No fuel to throttle bodies