Location: Fremont Ca. I will do No business with ANY company that boycotts Arizona.
Originally Posted by Andreas Schmieg
Can someone please talk me out of buying a beautiful red 1990 Corvette ZR-1 with original rims and only 40,000 miles for a really reasonable price with a 1000 mile warranty?
I really don't need another Corvette. But then, this is the King Of The Hill, the 'so-not-the-basemodel' Corvette, or simply The s#/t. Two keys, goes like hell, hmmm ...
Man, can someone find a reason why I shouldn't buy this car? Please!!! :-)
It aint gonna happen over here,we luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuvz us some ZR-1.Now if you were serious,stop on over in the C5-C6 sections,those tasteless morons can talk a pretty good game when it come to BS.
Sure: Pick a reason: Wife will leave you
Girlfriend won't be intimate with you
Your bank says you have insufficient funds
You can't afford more traffic speeding tickets for 120 miles over the posted
Your heart can't stand watching the front end rise when you hop on the throttle
Your hearing is going bad and the engine sounds too great all the time
You are getting so old that any excitement at all and you will pee....and this car is all excitment
You have trouble sandwiching yourself into the cockpit and don't want the exercise it takes.
Pick one if you want to.
On the other hand: Buy the thing and enjoy a superior technology. I have a 76 and the 91 zr-1 and there's no getting around it, it's sophisticated, fast and makes you feel more like a pilot than a driver. Besides, it goes faster than some light single engine planes do.
Have a ball. If you have to talk yourself out of it they you have the idea right...they are fantastic.
- Wife will leave you - Nope. She actually supports my crazy ideas.
- Girlfriend won't be intimate with you - No girlfriend (yet).
- Your bank says you have insufficient funds - Not a problem.
- You can't afford more traffic speeding tickets - Didn't get caught yet.
- Your heart can't stand watching the front end rise - I can take pills.
- Your hearing is going bad - So I need a louder car :-)
- You are getting so old that you will pee - That might actually happen :-)
Oh well. Looks like I might have to test drive a ZR-1 tomorrow. I will bring my hearing aid and an extra diaper in case I pee on myself.