C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Admiral 94 comes home. Finally ! :). Let the mods begin !!

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2017, 10:09 PM
carguy604
Burning Brakes

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Mike,
Ok, I'll admit it... I'm officially a dumbass! I remember when your car was for sale before you bought it (I was following the car and the sale) and I remember when you first got it and then launched this thread. You said that you were going to mod it and I thought to myself, "Oh no!, it's too nice, don't mess with it!" And so, I ignored this post because I couldn't bear to watch you bastardize your car. Until today.

Mike, I gotta say, your car is seriously bad-***! There are one or two things that you've done to it that I might not have done but they don't detract from the car at all and you've now personalized it to your liking. Hell, I'd kick mine out of it's own garage in order to park yours - so I guess I like it too!

Now, I'm pretty fussy with my car but your detailing puts me to shame. And, while I've lowered mine and now have only 2-3/4" ground clearance at the lowest point and drag over everything (I have the RD Racing X-Bar installed), I have no idea how you manage to take yours anywhere! But man, does yours ever look cool!

Keep up the good work and look after this car; it's gorgeous! I'll be watching!
The following users liked this post:
CraigA (01-16-2017)
Old 01-14-2017, 01:51 AM
BV85
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey OP keep us posted on you HEAD BAR.
Old 01-16-2017, 10:21 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by 2ljd
Done...you have my vote!
Originally Posted by groovyjay
Done!
Originally Posted by 95wht6spd
Voted, you are already doing well! More votes than for the K. Agera!
Originally Posted by SSROADSTER
Already voted on FB......you should win.....
Originally Posted by 98IndyPacer
Voted for a great AB ZR-1!!
Wanted to tag everyone who did post.. i hope everyone sees this who did vote but didnt post too.. but THANKS to everyone for their support !!

Good news is Im in the Semis and its now a 1v1 Vote off tomorrow (January 17 9am-midnight) vs 1 other car. If I beat him tomorrow Im IN the show !! The car is a local guy in a local group in in, stock C7z06 with some caravaggion interior and exterior bits. Nice but imo if you wanted to see a c7z06 just walk over to chevrolets exhibit Im sure they have one!

Originally Posted by carguy604
Mike,
Ok, I'll admit it... I'm officially a dumbass! I remember when your car was for sale before you bought it (I was following the car and the sale) and I remember when you first got it and then launched this thread. You said that you were going to mod it and I thought to myself, "Oh no!, it's too nice, don't mess with it!" And so, I ignored this post because I couldn't bear to watch you bastardize your car. Until today.

Mike, I gotta say, your car is seriously bad-***! There are one or two things that you've done to it that I might not have done but they don't detract from the car at all and you've now personalized it to your liking. Hell, I'd kick mine out of it's own garage in order to park yours - so I guess I like it too!

Now, I'm pretty fussy with my car but your detailing puts me to shame. And, while I've lowered mine and now have only 2-3/4" ground clearance at the lowest point and drag over everything (I have the RD Racing X-Bar installed), I have no idea how you manage to take yours anywhere! But man, does yours ever look cool!

Keep up the good work and look after this car; it's gorgeous! I'll be watching!
thank you !! Thats quite the compliment and Im glad that you like it Mine is Low, dont forget I did go as low as possible because I did really want this car to pop. But Ive only scraped a few times and that was downtown toronto on some seriously rutted and grooved roads. It wont do speedbumps but the stiff suspension also helps limit travel too. I know the R-D X brace under the car does reduce the clearance so we may be close in clearance !

Originally Posted by BV85
Hey OP keep us posted on you HEAD BAR.
I hope to have more updates soon !!

So if everyone reads this please be ready to vote tomorrow I will post here again and update !
Old 01-17-2017, 12:59 AM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,262 Likes on 1,446 Posts

you bet I will vote tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing the nicest ZR one and nicest C4 on the planet win.
5abivt (01-18-2017)
Old 01-17-2017, 07:36 PM
ghlkal
Safety Car

Received 490 Likes on 391 Posts
2023 C4 of the Year Finalist- Modified
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Modified
C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods) 2019
2018 C4 of Year Finalist

Originally Posted by 5abivt
So if everyone reads this please be ready to vote tomorrow I will post here again and update !
Voted.

Good luck
5abivt (01-18-2017)
Old 01-17-2017, 08:26 PM
zrc3john
Melting Slicks

Received 359 Likes on 260 Posts

​​​​​​​
Originally Posted by ghlkal
Voted.

Good luck
Probably the nicest Z I have ever seen considering the C-4 styling is pretty straight forward...

Only thing is I think the only place I could drive a car that low in NY is on my hardwood floors in my house.....Needless to say in NY I could never get away with a car that low.....I would have to map out my destination each time I leave...
5abivt (01-18-2017)
Old 01-17-2017, 10:44 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by VikingTrad3r
you bet I will vote tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing the nicest ZR one and nicest C4 on the planet win.
Thanks !!
Originally Posted by ghlkal
Voted.
Thank you !
Good luck
Thx !
Originally Posted by zrc3john

Probably the nicest Z I have ever seen considering the C-4 styling is pretty straight forward...

Only thing is I think the only place I could drive a car that low in NY is on my hardwood floors in my house.....Needless to say in NY I could never get away with a car that low.....I would have to map out my destination each time I leave...
Brautiful ! Yes I've been to NY with my 93 .. it was after a cruise down for a gmhtp shootout back in 2000 I think and we went downtown. Never seen roads like that in my life !!!
Old 01-17-2017, 11:49 PM
zrc3john
Melting Slicks

Received 359 Likes on 260 Posts

Thanks !!

Thx !

Brautiful ! Yes I've been to NY with my 93 .. it was after a cruise down for a gmhtp shootout back in 2000 I think and we went downtown. Never seen roads like that in my life !!!
The outer boroughs are better but you have to be careful.....I'll vote again for your Z...Nicest one I have ever seen...Good luck..
5abivt (01-18-2017)
Old 01-18-2017, 03:10 AM
5abivt
Safety Car

Just a quick update ! Wanted to thank everyone who helped and voted !!! many many thanks !! WE did it !!! Was one heck of a race.. and the final tally was so close (4 votes!) at 683 to 679.

Old 01-18-2017, 03:12 AM
5abivt
Safety Car

Now this will surely get me off my butt and start detailing !! Will definitely have some updates as I get her ready for the show and during etc !
Old 01-18-2017, 08:10 AM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Now this will surely get me off my butt and start detailing !! Will definitely have some updates as I get her ready for the show and during etc !
You know the drill. Post pics! And congrats again!
Old 01-18-2017, 08:22 AM
VikingTrad3r
Oil Producer
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 2,262 Likes on 1,446 Posts

congratulations from Calgary! You deserve it!
Old 01-18-2017, 02:07 PM
74 LS4-454
Melting Slicks

Received 66 Likes on 41 Posts
Finalist 2020 C4 of the Year - Unmodified

Great news Mike, and congrats.....You deserve it!!!
Old 01-19-2017, 01:55 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 1993C4LT1
You know the drill. Post pics! And congrats again!
Originally Posted by VikingTrad3r
congratulations from Calgary! You deserve it!
Originally Posted by SSROADSTER
Great news Mike, and congrats.....You deserve it!!!
Thanks guys really appreciate it !! Couldn't have done it without everyone's support. So happy to see so many family/friends and fellow enthusiasts take part of it . Most definitely be updating ! Picking up a few detailing supplies tonight and hope to get started soon !
1993C4LT1 (01-19-2017)
Old 01-19-2017, 03:20 PM
2ljd
Intermediate

Congrats Mike!

Hope you're still using the Zaino!
Old 01-23-2017, 12:09 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Originally Posted by 2ljd
Congrats Mike!

Hope you're still using the Zaino!
I am still using zaino ! I will be honest in that I am considering switching to chemical guys. My long time dealer for zaino retired and the new people I email dont want to reply and Im not used to that. Plus chemical guys are down the street from my parents place. While Im super happy with zaino and its product line.. the chemical guys products seem to be a little more in depth (and confusing with so many options) and many are designed to be used with a porter. Going to give it some consideration.. also because they have some extreme shine waxes/sealants/glazes that i think might be of help at a well lit venue like the auto show !! Their website has enough info to make you go

Hope to start soon and update regularly
Old 01-23-2017, 01:14 PM
2ljd
Intermediate

Hi Mike,

Too bad you're not in my neck of the woods...I'm the Zaino dealer for Hawaii and Alaska. I would be proud to "sponsor" your Z with all the Zaino you need for the show!

Send us some pics!

Joie
5abivt (01-24-2017)

Get notified of new replies

To Admiral 94 comes home. Finally ! :). Let the mods begin !!

Old 02-05-2017, 04:04 PM
ArthurB
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zrc3john

​​​​​​​

Beautiful. I just joined the forum to get back into a ZR1. I owned one in the late 90s and loved it. AB
5abivt (02-13-2017)
Old 02-05-2017, 08:43 PM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

Received 691 Likes on 425 Posts

Please join the ZR-1 Registry.
5abivt (02-13-2017)
Old 02-06-2017, 08:35 PM
Ron B C4
Pro

Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts

Trying to get info from you about sway bar relocates I bought from you some time ago. By chance are they Carter and are they front or rear. Selling the car so trying to sell these.

Quick Reply: Admiral 94 comes home. Finally ! :). Let the mods begin !!