C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

For Sale 92Z Dark Red Metallic - 12.5k

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2014, 04:20 PM
Nacho_ZR1
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Updates:

Hey everyone,

I wanted to spend a few moments providing some updates on why the car is for sale at such a low price and to give you more details. If you do a search on this forum for my username, you will see I was very involved with the Z, as well as another toy that I had purchased. It was a 1964 Chevy Nova. To be honest, the Nova took up most of my play time because I wanted to keep the Z in pristine condition. The car was very fast and the nitrous kit that I had on the Nova I had actually purchased from Corey Henderson. He had done some work for a fellow and the guy never finished the project so Corey made me a great deal on a complete NOS system with 4 bottle warmer, hoses, fitting, etc. Anyway, last year around Easter, the unthinkable happened. As i was finishing my 8th mile run I suffered major brake failure. My only options were to either take my chances and crash into a concrete wall that was fast approaching, or, try my luck on an open field. I only had a few seconds to react so i chose the open field. Once the Nova hit the dirt, it was all over. I rolled the car 4 or 5 times and the car was annihilated. To be honest, if it hadn't of been for the harness or the helmet, I would probably be dead. I did break 2 ribs in the process but the worst part of all was that my 9year old son saw the entire thing and was completely traumatized. So, ever since then, I cannot go above 70mph without getting nervous or jittery. I have not driven the Z at all other than to start it every Sunday and let it run for about 30 minutes. There are no leaks. Car starts perfectly. When it runs low on fuel, I have a fuel jug with 93 octane shell V-Power that I put into the tank. I had the Delphi injectors installed so there are no issues with the injectors gumming up. Also, I have all the documentation starting from the bill of sale - to every mod and enhancement that I have purchased. I am also throwing in everything that I had purchased for the Z but that I never installed. Such as:

-Raptor Shift light
-BnB mufflers (the car currently has Dynomax)
-Polished air cleaner ***** courtesy of Mr. Carter
-4 factory oil filters
-stock exhaust manifolds (in case u ever want to go back to stock)
-Spare tire

Also, here go details on the car. I purchased it on Nov 2010 from Q-Chevrolet in Irving Tx. The odometer reading was 88,495. I just took a look at the odometer as I type and the car has 89,490 miles !!!! So in over 4 years of ownership u can see the car was barely driven. Most of those miles came from driving the car to Corey's shop in New Braunfels TX.

The Weld Racing rims were purchased brand new in Sept. 2012 for a price of $1,742.00. I have never driven the car on the street with those rims. They are simply mounted on the car.

And here go some pictures of my bad wreck:

Before:

Before 2:

After:

After2:

After3:

ZR1 Odometer taken July 5, 2014:

So hopefully that answers some questions as to my motivations for sale. I know in my heart I will never want to sit in the drivers seat and open up those secondaries. The car needs a new owner so hopefully it will be someone in this forum.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!
-Carlos
Old 07-05-2014, 04:26 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 614 Likes on 493 Posts

Glad you are not hurt from the crash.
Old 07-05-2014, 09:30 PM
ZR-71
Team Owner

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Anybody in the market for a ZR-1 should be jumping on this car. That's less than half what I paid back in 2000. Heck I'm tempted
Old 07-14-2014, 01:26 PM
WydGlydJim
Team Owner

Received 296 Likes on 141 Posts

Glad the cage did it's job, and you are still with us....I have passed this around to some folks.
Old 07-14-2014, 02:03 PM
Dominic Sorresso
Le Mans Master

Received 691 Likes on 425 Posts

Nacho,

Let me just say, I share your pain. Its tough to get back in the saddle. Didn't run my new car down the lane until 3 years later. I remember thinking, "Is this the way its going to end?"
Old 07-14-2014, 06:50 PM
Nacho_ZR1
Instructor

Originally Posted by WydGlydJim
Glad the cage did it's job, and you are still with us....I have passed this around to some folks.
I appreciate the kind words and thank you
Old 07-14-2014, 06:52 PM
Nacho_ZR1
Instructor

Originally Posted by Dominic Sorresso
Nacho,

Let me just say, I share your pain. Its tough to get back in the saddle. Didn't run my new car down the lane until 3 years later. I remember thinking, "Is this the way its going to end?"

yes EXACTLY! Each time I would roll over in the car I would think "Ok its over" and then I would roll upside down again. The feeling of helplessness and fear is beyond words. I hope most people never find out what that feeling is like!
Old 07-15-2014, 03:42 PM
92polo
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Very interested. I have sent you a PM.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:11 PM
Nacho_ZR1
Instructor

Default Updated Pics - July 15, 2014

I've had a few inquiries so I wanted to update the thread with the below...

The car has the original paint job which I have washed and waxed regularly. Just now, I took the car out of the garage and gave it a quick wash. I snapped some pics of the exterior and interior as well. Cosmetically the car has fabulous factory paint but it does have a few rock chips from being driven. Also, the headlight bushings and radio and speakers need to be replaced. Other than that, the motor, tranny, clutch are in excellent condition. In my original listing, I forgot to mention that the car also has the moon roof. Unfortunately, it came cracked so I have never put it on the car. Just thought I would mention that.

Here go the pictures:

Old 07-16-2014, 08:57 AM
pmcnabb
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default That is what Dad's do

Good Dad getting rid of something you love to get your son a car, I just picked my 95 C4 up last December as I had 2 girls who growing up I promised that Popi would buy them there first car and as a Dad you gotta keep that word, so at 62 I got my dream sitting in the garage because that is what Dad's do. Best wishes and good luck amigo and that is one fine set O wheels!
Old 07-18-2014, 04:25 PM
GRipp 73
Burning Brakes

Received 82 Likes on 64 Posts

WoW! If you were within a couple hours of driving distance I would take a serious look at this one. But you have two strikes against it from me right now. First is distance as I would want to look at it and test drive it first, and second... just the color. I am not much of a "red" kinda guy. This color looks great, but it isn't my taste.

Here is a bump for you. Good Luck!
Old 07-18-2014, 10:11 PM
JetJock
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default 92z

I wondered how long you would keep it. I just bought a Ruby Red ZR-1.
Old 07-19-2014, 04:38 PM
ANTI VENOM
Melting Slicks

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I really feel like doing something stupid (or smart). Decisions???? I leave the country for a month in Aug. I'm not sure I can swing this deal in time. Don't count me out just yet. I feel for your situation, and I sure wish you the best.
Old 07-19-2014, 06:15 PM
SnAkeDr
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy Mackerel - That's a really good price ...
Old 07-20-2014, 01:00 PM
JetJock
Racer
Support Corvetteforum!

Default 92Z for sale

The last that I saw it, which has to be at least three years ago, the thing was running great and pulled like crazy. Outside needs some help but the inside was about a 9 plus. Looked like new interior.
Old 08-24-2014, 05:32 PM
Nacho_ZR1
Instructor

FYI - car is still available. I have had some serious inquiries but my guess is that since people are out of state, it makes things more challenging. The A/C still blows cold, by the way :-)
Old 08-25-2014, 12:34 PM
garyguinn
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Nacho_ZR1
Hehe I would rather sell the car to a fellow Z lover in this community than to slap a For Sale sign on it and try to bring in more money. It is a very good price for someone to jump all over!
i would be interested, I'm in Oklahoma and sold my 90 ZR1 last year and have regretted it since.
a few questions please:
tach working properly?
a/c working?
will it need new carpet or seat covers?
what wheels are with it besides the racing wheels?
any documentation on all of the work done?
any original ZR1 paperwork, window sticker, binder, etc etc.?
thanks

Gary
918-704-0277

Get notified of new replies

To For Sale 92Z Dark Red Metallic - 12.5k

Old 08-25-2014, 12:36 PM
garyguinn
Pro

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Nacho_ZR1
FYI - car is still available. I have had some serious inquiries but my guess is that since people are out of state, it makes things more challenging. The A/C still blows cold, by the way :-)
pm sent
Old 08-25-2014, 06:51 PM
Nacho_ZR1
Instructor

Originally Posted by garyguinn
i would be interested, I'm in Oklahoma and sold my 90 ZR1 last year and have regretted it since.
a few questions please:
tach working properly?
a/c working?
will it need new carpet or seat covers?
what wheels are with it besides the racing wheels?
any documentation on all of the work done?
any original ZR1 paperwork, window sticker, binder, etc etc.?
thanks

Gary
918-704-0277
1. Yup tach work sperfectly
2. Yup A/C blows cold
3. No new carpet or seat covers needed. The passenger side seat looks brand new
4. The Weld race rims are currently mounted on the car. The other set of wheels is the stock sawblade rims which have been chromed. They are also wrapped in the Goodyear tires
5. I have a binder in which I have cataloged every thing I have purchased (starting with the bill of sale from the dealership), down to every mod I have done, as well as all the parts I purchased from the dealership when we pulled the plenum. I replaced everything under the plenum (plugs, wires, coolant sensors, jerry's gaskets were used, as well as the fuel injectors replaced with Delphi's)
6. I believe I did have some paperwork that was left in the glovebox and that I put in my desk. I will look.

Any other questions, please feel free to PM.

Thanks,
Carlos
Old 09-02-2014, 03:27 PM
High School Goat
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I am a bit interested in the car. Could you email me some more detailed photos of the car? Some under car shots and such any wear points on the body and interior. If I decide to move further on the car its a long drive to get to you and would like to be confident in what I am coming to look at.

Email is Kyle.Scaggs@gmail.com, Thank you.

Quick Reply: For Sale 92Z Dark Red Metallic - 12.5k