C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Selling my zr-1 overseas question

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 07:48 PM
91vettezr1
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

Default Selling my zr-1 overseas question

Hi
I have a potential buyer for my 94 ZR-1 .He is from Norway. His ebay feedback is very good 385 positives. He wants to go throught an escrow company Schumacher Cargo Logistics, Inc. – Los Angeles - Houston - Miami – Savannah - New York. They look legit. Any advice or what I should look out for. Here is what they sent.
Our Escrow Service works as follow:

1. Once you have agreed on the purchase/sale of this vehicle we will draft the Buyers Escrow Letter & Seller Escrow Letter and send them to you. Both documents must be completed, endorsed, and returned (by both buyer & seller).

2. Bard will transfer the shipping cost + purchase price + non-refundable escrow fee into our escrow account.

3. We will notify the seller (Todd) upon receipt of funds to confirm the drop off/delivery date of the vehicle + original title + bill of sale so that we can have a cashiers check ready for the even exchange.

We hold an A rating witht the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Here is the Link: http://www.bbb.org/sanjose/business-...na-ca-13144694

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards

Christian Mager
Schumacher Cargo Logistics, Inc. – Los Angeles - Houston - Mia
Old 08-18-2014, 08:21 PM
Bandit1977
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 91vettezr1
Hi
I have a potential buyer for my 94 ZR-1 .He is from Norway. His ebay feedback is very good 385 positives. He wants to go throught an escrow company Schumacher Cargo Logistics, Inc. – Los Angeles - Houston - Miami – Savannah - New York. They look legit. Any advice or what I should look out for. Here is what they sent.
Our Escrow Service works as follow:

1. Once you have agreed on the purchase/sale of this vehicle we will draft the Buyers Escrow Letter & Seller Escrow Letter and send them to you. Both documents must be completed, endorsed, and returned (by both buyer & seller).

2. Bard will transfer the shipping cost + purchase price + non-refundable escrow fee into our escrow account.

3. We will notify the seller (Todd) upon receipt of funds to confirm the drop off/delivery date of the vehicle + original title + bill of sale so that we can have a cashiers check ready for the even exchange.

We hold an A rating witht the Better Business Bureau (BBB). Here is the Link: http://www.bbb.org/sanjose/business-...na-ca-13144694

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

Kind Regards

Christian Mager
Schumacher Cargo Logistics, Inc. – Los Angeles - Houston - Mia
I can't offer any advise other than to confirm that Schumacher is a legitimate cargo/freight forwarding company.
I used them when I shipped my 1988 C4 from Los Angeles to Australia a few years ago. I had no problems with them and all emails and phone calls were answered promptly.
Ken D
Old 08-18-2014, 08:35 PM
ZR-71
Team Owner

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

As long as you know you are always working with Schumacher and no middle man, it sounds legit.

And #2, the first word should be "buyer" not Bard, right?
Old 08-18-2014, 09:51 PM
B52
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't know for sure but I am leery of cashiers checks.
Old 08-18-2014, 10:03 PM
z06scentair
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Bankwire only his account to your account. Let the company pick the car up once funds clear. International priority the title to whoever.

FOB from your driveway.
Old 08-19-2014, 07:12 PM
91vettezr1
Drifting

Originally Posted by z06scentair
Bankwire only his account to your account. Let the company pick the car up once funds clear. International priority the title to whoever.

FOB from your driveway.
HI
Spoke with representative from Schumaker, they are going to wire the cash into my account. I feel good about the process so far.
Thanks
Todd
Old 08-19-2014, 08:07 PM
z06scentair
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

HI
Spoke with representative from Schumaker, they are going to wire the cash into my account. I feel good about the process so far.
Thanks
Todd
Thats what you want Todd!

Once the money is in your account there is no turning back period.

Overnight the gentleman the title and let the shipper contact you for pickup arrangements.

Congrats on the sale......I think!
Old 08-21-2014, 05:59 AM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by z06scentair

FOB from your driveway.

I sold my 93 LPE this way and drove it up to baltimore to put it on the boat it was a sad day
Old 08-24-2014, 10:52 PM
okinawa86vette
Drifting

I sold my '69 to another Vette Forum member back in Feb. He is in Australia and went through Schumacher. Basically, they handle everything....they love it if you're on the ball giving them the paperwork....scanned copy of the title, bill of sale (we printed, signed and scanned copies back and forth), shipping permissions, etc.

It was extremely smooth. Basically, the buyer paid the full amount for the car, shipping, and broker costs to Schumacher. Once the the wire cleared their account, Schumacher wired the money into my account. According to my bank, once a wire is made (it only uses information found on a normal check, so the same risk as writing handing someone a check), there is no way for them to take the money back and cancel the transfer unless they can prove fraud. Once the money cleared into my account, they had the shipper contact me and the car was gone in about a week.

From the time we agreed on a price until the money was cleared into my account was 4 or 5 business days.

It went smoother than pretty much any other transaction I've ever made unless someone walked up with cash in hand.

Chris
Old 08-25-2014, 11:35 AM
91vettezr1
Drifting

Originally Posted by okinawa86vette
I sold my '69 to another Vette Forum member back in Feb. He is in Australia and went through Schumacher. Basically, they handle everything....they love it if you're on the ball giving them the paperwork....scanned copy of the title, bill of sale (we printed, signed and scanned copies back and forth), shipping permissions, etc.

It was extremely smooth. Basically, the buyer paid the full amount for the car, shipping, and broker costs to Schumacher. Once the the wire cleared their account, Schumacher wired the money into my account. According to my bank, once a wire is made (it only uses information found on a normal check, so the same risk as writing handing someone a check), there is no way for them to take the money back and cancel the transfer unless they can prove fraud. Once the money cleared into my account, they had the shipper contact me and the car was gone in about a week.

From the time we agreed on a price until the money was cleared into my account was 4 or 5 business days.

It went smoother than pretty much any other transaction I've ever made unless someone walked up with cash in hand.

Chris
Hi
Thanks for the input. Schumacher is wiring the money into my checking account when I arrive with the car and title. I checked with my bank and they said once it's wired funds are available immediately, as long as it between the hours of 9-3. If it's after those hours ,funds would be available the next day at 9am. I tried selling at Carlisle on Saturday, the weather sucked and there were nothing but tire kickers. Ashame it has to leave the country. I will miss it. Luckily I still have my 91.
thanks
todd
Old 08-25-2014, 11:52 AM
WVZR-1
Team Owner

Received 2,259 Likes on 2,022 Posts

Hi
Thanks for the input. Schumacher is wiring the money into my checking account when I arrive with the car and title. I checked with my bank and they said once it's wired funds are available immediately, as long as it between the hours of 9-3. If it's after those hours ,funds would be available the next day at 9am. I tried selling at Carlisle on Saturday, the weather sucked and there were nothing but tire kickers. Ashame it has to leave the country. I will miss it. Luckily I still have my 91.
thanks
todd

Still seems to be a bit complicated. You hand over car and title and THEN they transfer/wire the funds? Seems backward to me, they wire, your bank confirms and THEN you turn over car and title. You want to communicate with only one officer at your bank before and after to confirm the wire transfer and the availability of the funds.
Old 08-25-2014, 12:50 PM
91vettezr1
Drifting

Originally Posted by WVZR-1
Still seems to be a bit complicated. You hand over car and title and THEN they transfer/wire the funds? Seems backward to me, they wire, your bank confirms and THEN you turn over car and title. You want to communicate with only one officer at your bank before and after to confirm the wire transfer and the availability of the funds.
I am actually going to park the car, show them the title,have them transfer the funds,call my bank confirm the deposit, then hand over the car and title.The buyer told me he wanted to see the car and title since he got ripped off once before.
thanks
todd
Old 08-25-2014, 10:26 PM
okinawa86vette
Drifting

I did everything by phone and email, scanning copies of the paperwork, taking a digital photo of the VIN, etc.

Schumacher isn't a scammer....they're a real company and legit, but I still wouldn't give anyone anything until the money cleared my account.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:13 PM
91vettezr1
Drifting

Originally Posted by okinawa86vette
I did everything by phone and email, scanning copies of the paperwork, taking a digital photo of the VIN, etc.

Schumacher isn't a scammer....they're a real company and legit, but I still wouldn't give anyone anything until the money cleared my account.
Everything went smooth, BON VOYAGE, I'll miss it.

Get notified of new replies

To Selling my zr-1 overseas question

Quick Reply: Selling my zr-1 overseas question