C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Please Help, need help identifying a ZR1 possible deal or scam

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2014, 03:55 PM
Chelledan
Cruising

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Please Help, need help identifying a ZR1 possible deal or scam

I am in need of help identifying if I am about to get a good deal or scammed big time. I found a ZR1 for a Great price almost too good to be true. And I know what they say, this is why I am here seeking help. The owner or so called owner did send me some information. Please if there is anyone that has the means of helping and finding information, please send me a message here, and I will give you what information I have.

Thanks
Dan
Old 08-19-2014, 04:35 PM
95ZR1
Burning Brakes

Received 22 Likes on 18 Posts

If you give us more info someone might know the car
and/or seller. Pretty tight community here. Post at least
the year and serial number.
Old 08-19-2014, 04:53 PM
Stang-etr96
Racer

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Yes..be vey careful. I almost fell for a "good Deal" too. It was on Ebay. Seller claimed his Blk/Blk ZR1 was a mint condition original car. After doing a VIN ck I found out it was an orig. Red/Red car that had been in an accident. Reported him to EBAY and BBB in FL. I believe it was, for misrepresentation the guy eventually backed down and cleared my EBAY account for the failure to pay tag.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:14 PM
FU
NCM Lifetime # 982
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

"If a deal is too good to be true , it probably is"

Proceed with caution.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:26 PM
Chelledan
Cruising

Some more information;

Ya I am smart enough to know this has to be BS, this one is also black on black under $10k, states everything in working "great" condition pics look good. This one is out of New York, and they did give me the vin# 1G1YZ23J4L5803001

It's a shame because there use to be a time when you can find a Great deal, like a person dies and family just puts it up for a quick sale cheap, or a bitter divorce, or for medical reasons. But in today's world we have to protect ourself due to so many looking to take all our savings and they prey on the budget people. And with what I have to spend (champagne taste on light beer budget) I am a budget person, but don't like taken advantage of.... I already know this is BS, but just wanted to check it out more.
Old 08-19-2014, 05:44 PM
XLR8TIN
Burning Brakes

Received 100 Likes on 73 Posts

http://www.vindecoder.net/?vin=1g1yz...&submit=Decode
Old 08-20-2014, 07:28 PM
phrogs
Race Director

Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Give me the specifics if you pass.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:16 AM
Chelledan
Cruising

Here's an update;

So I had asked this Zr1 seller for some more pictures (paint, engine, and interior) other then those posted on the ad. Along with the pictures, I had asked for a phone # so we can discuss meeting and I can see and test drive the Zr1 and purchase it at that time. I had received 3 reply emails with no pictures, and nothing in the body of the message. I responded that the email was blank and there were no pictures there, and please resend. Below is the email response that I received, your going to love it...

"my camaer is not sending the picture will have your picture Friday if that all right I havi a person that his carara work this week is going not good the titearyer is goog shap on rips at all the morter alone is worth more then what I am selling thr car for"

Now don't be too hard on the fella, we all can use some help with our typing, spelling, and grammar. I know mine can be much better....lol Just maybe this is a very old person that went to school in the little red school house on the prairie where all grades were in the same room. Or just maybe this person has Cerebral palsy, or some other lack of motor skills or twitching condition to where they can't type well. Or just maybe they have an old computer (Commodore 64 old) that doesn't have spell check...lol

Now I do wish I knew of an law enforcement agency or some kind of authority that actively investigates this kind of scam. I'd let them take over this conversation and go after these scum criminals. But from what I understand, they never really go after most due to the fact they are scamming from a different country.

Anyways, I am going to keep this conversation going just to see how this plays out. If it goes as I expect, they will tell me the vehicle is in storage at some different location then they are in due to some sad situation. And I can first make payment to some realistic looking, yet fraudulent 3rd party company that will hold my money while the vehicle is shipped to me. I will then have X amount of days to inspect the vehicle and get a refund if I am not satisfied. (money gone at this point) Or they will figure out I know they are criminal scammers and they will stop all communications and move on to the next person. Either way I will post on here as this unfolds, whether they keep trying to scam or they just stops all communication.
Old 08-21-2014, 09:36 AM
SurfnSun
Team Owner

Received 522 Likes on 342 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Chelledan
Here's an update;

So I had asked this Zr1 seller for some more pictures (paint, engine, and interior) other then those posted on the ad. Along with the pictures, I had asked for a phone # so we can discuss meeting and I can see and test drive the Zr1 and purchase it at that time. I had received 3 reply emails with no pictures, and nothing in the body of the message. I responded that the email was blank and there were no pictures there, and please resend. Below is the email response that I received, your going to love it...

"my camaer is not sending the picture will have your picture Friday if that all right I havi a person that his carara work this week is going not good the titearyer is goog shap on rips at all the morter alone is worth more then what I am selling thr car for"

Now don't be too hard on the fella, we all can use some help with our typing, spelling, and grammar. I know mine can be much better....lol Just maybe this is a very old person that went to school in the little red school house on the prairie where all grades were in the same room. Or just maybe this person has Cerebral palsy, or some other lack of motor skills or twitching condition to where they can't type well. Or just maybe they have an old computer (Commodore 64 old) that doesn't have spell check...lol

Now I do wish I knew of an law enforcement agency or some kind of authority that actively investigates this kind of scam. I'd let them take over this conversation and go after these scum criminals. But from what I understand, they never really go after most due to the fact they are scamming from a different country.

Anyways, I am going to keep this conversation going just to see how this plays out. If it goes as I expect, they will tell me the vehicle is in storage at some different location then they are in due to some sad situation. And I can first make payment to some realistic looking, yet fraudulent 3rd party company that will hold my money while the vehicle is shipped to me. I will then have X amount of days to inspect the vehicle and get a refund if I am not satisfied. (money gone at this point) Or they will figure out I know they are criminal scammers and they will stop all communications and move on to the next person. Either way I will post on here as this unfolds, whether they keep trying to scam or they just stops all communication.

Smells like a scam to me.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:04 AM
rudolph schenker
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 233 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by SurfnSun
Smells like a scam to me.
Old 08-21-2014, 02:05 PM
flyboyslc1
Melting Slicks

Received 73 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Chelledan
Here's an update;

I had a guy contact me one time about trying to buy an airplane that I had for sale that spelled about like what you showed us. I had all kinds of fun with him. Dreamed up my own stories, and fed him more crap than he ever could digest. It was really good entertainment for me anyway. Have some fun with it!

steve
Old 08-21-2014, 02:43 PM
91vettezr1
Drifting

Received 42 Likes on 34 Posts

scam for sure

Get notified of new replies

To Please Help, need help identifying a ZR1 possible deal or scam

Quick Reply: Please Help, need help identifying a ZR1 possible deal or scam