C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Heat in the cabin

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2014, 09:57 AM
billy mild
Burning Brakes

Received 31 Likes on 28 Posts
Default Heat in the cabin

I posted this on the general C4 forum as well. I want a ZR1 owners perspective. I noticed last night that my car down in the foot wells gets rather warm/hot. I was told this could be caused by the rubber shift boot underneath the leather one. It is probably ripped and its allows exhaust heat, and transmission heat into the cabin. Is that true?
Old 08-28-2014, 12:44 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by billy mild
I posted this on the general C4 forum as well. I want a ZR1 owners perspective. I noticed last night that my car down in the foot wells gets rather warm/hot. I was told this could be caused by the rubber shift boot underneath the leather one. It is probably ripped and its allows exhaust heat, and transmission heat into the cabin. Is that true?
Yes as told buy a ZR-1 Daily driver.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:47 PM
secondchance
Burning Brakes

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by billy mild
Yes. Damaged or improperly installed rubber boot will heat up the entire shifter bezel area. Often, when dropping the transmission for clutch service, the rubber boot will separate from the lip on the fiberglass tunnel. Left side of the rubber boot is tough to seat properly with console sub-structure and side trim in place. Easiest way to get it to slip over the fiberglass lip is from below when the transmission is dropped for clutch service.

Get notified of new replies

To Heat in the cabin

Quick Reply: Heat in the cabin