C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Mid Texas C4 ZR-1 meet

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2014, 08:35 AM
Fully Vetted
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Mid Texas C4 ZR-1 meet

Hey, guys. So, here's the plan for anyone wanting to join in. The weekend of 9/20 in Buffalo, Tx. Why Buffalo? It is dead middle of Dallas and Houston right on I45 which makes it pretty close to Austin as well. It should be centrally located enough to pull from all 3 cities and even SA. I haven't been to Buffalo but their web site says they have a couple of parks. I'll be making some calls in the next couple of days to make sure the park doesn't have a flea market going on or a Summer Craft Fair or anything.

I'm thinking we just bring a chair and a cooler of whatever you want to eat and drink and we meet like 11 o'clock or something. We can hang for a couple of hours and then even do a drive if you want. Or, not. I'm open. Mainly, I'd like to just meet everyone and get the new owners plugged in so they can start enjoying their cars.

We've got a lot of new members and owners here in Texas so let's all get together, talk shop and do some smoky burnouts! (Actually, forget that last part. Tires are way too expensive and I can do a burnout in my Wrangler so it proves nothing. Although it is fun).
Old 09-04-2014, 01:13 AM
combatdoc
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I am in Dave, thanks for setting it up!
Old 09-04-2014, 08:27 AM
Fully Vetted
Racer

Awesome, Dan. Look forward to hanging out with you. Several more have committed via PM and posting on ZR1netregistry.net.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:05 AM
jss06c6
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Should be able to make it. Not sure where the park is. I've been to Buffalo many times.. used to own land in Centerville. I'm sure we can find a place. Keep us in the loop regarding time and location..
Old 09-08-2014, 01:13 PM
Fully Vetted
Racer

Ok, it's set. I just talked to the Buffalo Chamber of Commerce and they have 2 parks. The Buffalo Stampede festival is in one park (downtown) but the other park was the one I was thinking of. There is a pavilion we can use and plenty of parking with restrooms. It's on the Northbound service road between 79 and 164. It's called Shelley Pate Park:

Houston group take the 79 exit, turn right and then turn left onto the service road. It's right up on the right where the water tower is.

Dallas group take the 164 exit, cross over the hwy and turn right on the 2 way service road. It's down on the left.

Austin group will probably come in on 79.

There is actually a car show going on at the festival at the other park so maybe we can crash that if we feel like it. It's being put on by the local Porsche club I believe she said (her husband has a Porsche but she is a big Corvette fan).

Any questions let me know...
Old 09-11-2014, 08:01 AM
MickeyD
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jss06c6
Should be able to make it. Not sure where the park is. I've been to Buffalo many times.. used to own land in Centerville. I'm sure we can find a place. Keep us in the loop regarding time and location..
Looks like you and I are the Houston convoy so far! Would be fun to get at least 5 from Houston area.
Old 09-11-2014, 10:20 PM
jss06c6
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by MickeyD
Looks like you and I are the Houston convoy so far! Would be fun to get at least 5 from Houston area.
Sure would! Who else can we get from Houston?
Old 09-12-2014, 12:09 AM
USAZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 1,870 Likes on 1,085 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Just got out of the hospital last night and can't drive for a week. But,I might try to attend if I'm able,by then. Sure would hate to miss it.
Old 09-12-2014, 07:58 AM
MickeyD
Racer

Sure would! Who else can we get from Houston?
I've been working the Net Registry. Had one turn down and one maybe. Haven't heard from USAFPILOT in spring. He has the black 94 or 95. He came to coffee and cars and parked with us once. I think there's a new guy in Montgomery. I'll try to give him a shout. You know anyone?
Old 09-12-2014, 08:39 AM
Fully Vetted
Racer

I've been working the Net Registry. Had one turn down and one maybe. Haven't heard from USAFPILOT in spring. He has the black 94 or 95. He came to coffee and cars and parked with us once. I think there's a new guy in Montgomery. I'll try to give him a shout. You know anyone?
Another new guy is Scott. He goes by BriansSon on the Net Registry. He's on the thread "TX ZR-1 owners" in the Southwest Forum. I posted up to see if he replies. He sounded interested in getting together earlier. Hopefully, he sees the post.

Thanks for your help...
Old 09-12-2014, 01:41 PM
USAZR1
Le Mans Master

Received 1,870 Likes on 1,085 Posts
C5 of Year Finalist (appearance mods) 2019

Ryan owns the Black 94 in Spring. BigIke lives in Montgomery and owns a White 91.

I'm working on a member from Rowlett and another from Sherman.
Haven't heard back from either yet,though.
Old 09-13-2014, 08:28 AM
jss06c6
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

No ZR-1 guys, just LT-1's... hopefully we can get 4 or 5 of us. How about meeting up in the outlet mall parking lot just north of Conroe? Tea's Nursery road exit if I recall. Just need to pick a time... looking forward to getting LITLRED out for a stretch!
Old 09-13-2014, 08:34 AM
jss06c6
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by combatdoc
I am in Dave, thanks for setting it up!
Dan, how's the "recruiting" going for this gathering in your neck of the woods?

Steve
Old 09-13-2014, 03:02 PM
MickeyD
Racer

No ZR-1 guys, just LT-1's... hopefully we can get 4 or 5 of us. How about meeting up in the outlet mall parking lot just north of Conroe? Tea's Nursery road exit if I recall. Just need to pick a time... looking forward to getting LITLRED out for a stretch!
So far just you and I with one or two maybe's. Outlet mall is fine. Tell me a time that's good for you.
Old 09-14-2014, 10:34 AM
Spartan1510
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I've had this on my radar but am not going to be able to join on the 20th. Long story short is that we have two young kids and I'm an assistant on the boy's baseball team. He has a game next Saturday which conflicts with your meet up. I was at Cars and Coffee this past Saturday which works well for me since it theoretically starts at 6:30am. And his game last weekend didn't start until 2pm.

Still looking forward to meeting more of the Corvette family and fellow ZR-1 owners.

Grant
Spartan1510
'94 Black ZR-1
Old 09-15-2014, 11:27 PM
Fully Vetted
Racer

It's all good, Grant. I understand. We'll meet up soon enough.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:09 AM
jss06c6
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Mike, will have my copilot (Shelly) with me. Hope yours can join too. What time do you want to meet on Saturday? Is the outlet mall good for you?

Get notified of new replies

To Mid Texas C4 ZR-1 meet

Old 09-17-2014, 06:24 AM
MickeyD
Racer

Mike, will have my copilot (Shelly) with me. Hope yours can join too. What time do you want to meet on Saturday? Is the outlet mall good for you?
Haven't talked to her about it. She knows I'm going but didn't ask her. She's usually busy with daughter. I'll try to get her to go. I'll call u later today. Driving home from Baton Rouge.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:36 AM
Fully Vetted
Racer

I've got one other possibility from Austin that may join us (Austin John). Dan, we met him and his wife at the last Texas gathering in Hico. Looks like it may be a decent little get together. Are you guys still good with bringing whatever you want to eat and drink and hanging at the park or are you thinking you want to eat somewhere?
Old 09-17-2014, 05:09 PM
MickeyD
Racer

Originally Posted by Fully Vetted
I've got one other possibility from Austin that may join us (Austin John). Dan, we met him and his wife at the last Texas gathering in Hico. Looks like it may be a decent little get together. Are you guys still good with bringing whatever you want to eat and drink and hanging at the park or are you thinking you want to eat somewhere?
I'm up for going to eat or bringing our own. Might be fun to convoy to restaurant. Either way ok to me.

Quick Reply: Mid Texas C4 ZR-1 meet