C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

ISO reasonibly priced ZR-1

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2014, 08:56 PM
High School Goat
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by USAZR1
Here's a decent White/Gray 91 with 66K miles. Good price.
http://zr1.net/forum/showthread.php?t=23262
PM'd him
Originally Posted by back4more1984
I have been considering that car.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:18 PM
back4more1984
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by High School Goat
PM'd him

I have been considering that car.
Give an offer. How soon are you looking to buy it?
Old 09-24-2014, 09:20 PM
High School Goat
Instructor

Give an offer. How soon are you looking to buy it?
Wouldn't want to insult you, I like the car but with the known issues and the bumper paint not matching I can't get near your asking price.
Old 09-24-2014, 09:56 PM
High School Goat
Instructor

Originally Posted by Z51JEFF
Basically youre looking for a thrashed,clapped out POS and youre worried about a bumper repaint?
Because this is what I said I was looking for where again?
Old 09-24-2014, 09:58 PM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 643 Likes on 420 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Because this is what I said I was looking for where again?
Opps,wrong thread,my apologies.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:26 PM
cwells
5th Gear

Default High school goat;1587882069

Hey guys I am looking for a ZR-1. Price is a deciding factory and I am looking for a driver, not thrashed, but a driver quality car. Just putting a feeler out to see what is available.
HSG, I have a ZR1 1991 with a 95 LT5 engine, a nice car. It is listed on ZR1NetRegistry for sale for 16.5. about 4 grand on engine. 82 on running gear. Cwells.
Old 09-24-2014, 11:43 PM
High School Goat
Instructor

Originally Posted by cwells
HSG, I have a ZR1 1991 with a 95 LT5 engine, a nice car. It is listed on ZR1NetRegistry for sale for 16.5. about 4 grand on engine. 82 on running gear. Cwells.
Only issue is you are on the other side of the country.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:49 AM
back4more1984
Intermediate

Wouldn't want to insult you, I like the car but with the known issues and the bumper paint not matching I can't get near your asking price.
The asking price is just a starting point. I thought about taking that picture down because it is really deceiving. On steel blue vettes depending on the angle, the sun makes it look a different color. The camera doesn't give it any justice. If your not interested, I understand. But if your looking to get a good deal on the rarest c4 zr1, this is the deal of a lifetime. I've spoken with one guy that has a steel blue one. I know there's one in Europe, and One was turned into a kit car I believe for pioneer or some speaker company so it's not stock. So 4 of the 11 is known out there. Who knows where the other ones are at, or whether they have a million miles on them or not running at all. All the other colors are your typical white, red, or black. If ya want something that people will take notice on the road, at shows, or just the corvette world, PM me and let me know what your willing to spend and we can possibly make a deal. If not...... Good luck in your search
Old 10-01-2014, 11:59 PM
dbdreams
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rkreigh
speaking of rare, Steve J has a 93 ruby for sale that was just fixed by haibeck

nice deal, needs a bit of TLC to be really nice but for a ruby it's cheap

I'll leave it to steve to tell you revised pricing

if Nacho's car doesn't sell that's the deal of the century IMHO
I agree about Nacho's car but where is the link to the 93 ruby and what a the details and price?
Old 10-04-2014, 02:30 PM
Graybeard ZR1
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by C4.Ray
You're gonna have to pay $38-40,000 for a nice ZR1.
That's a hoot I paid much less that that for my 91' (3Kmi.), exactly twenty years ago.

Still have it
Old 10-04-2014, 03:19 PM
ZR-71
Team Owner

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

The asking price is just a starting point. I thought about taking that picture down because it is really deceiving. On steel blue vettes depending on the angle, the sun makes it look a different color. The camera doesn't give it any justice. If your not interested, I understand. But if your looking to get a good deal on the rarest c4 zr1, this is the deal of a lifetime. I've spoken with one guy that has a steel blue one. I know there's one in Europe, and One was turned into a kit car I believe for pioneer or some speaker company so it's not stock. So 4 of the 11 is known out there. Who knows where the other ones are at, or whether they have a million miles on them or not running at all. All the other colors are your typical white, red, or black. If ya want something that people will take notice on the road, at shows, or just the corvette world, PM me and let me know what your willing to spend and we can possibly make a deal. If not...... Good luck in your search
I saw one here in Santa Cruz about four years ago and I'm guessing it's still here, '91.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:40 AM
dtana
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZR-71
I saw one here in Santa Cruz about four years ago and I'm guessing it's still here, '91.

There were 2 (90, 91) that were at the Monterey Auctions in late August. They both had under 25k miles. One sold for $14k, (so $15.4k to the buyer) the other got bid up to $13.5k & didn't sell. I got a look at the one that sold up close & it looked clean. Surprisingly low prices.
Old 10-05-2014, 10:17 AM
Y-ME
Le Mans Master

I've had three that could be considered drivers I paid 9k-11,000 for each. miles ranging 78k-133k The 9k one was a 92 with 133k, not the best paint shine but all there and ran like a scalded dog (do people still say that?)
Old 10-05-2014, 10:36 AM
dtana
Racer

Originally Posted by Y-ME
I've had three that could be considered drivers I paid 9k-11,000 for each. miles ranging 78k-133k The 9k one was a 92 with 133k, not the best paint shine but all there and ran like a scalded dog (do people still say that?)

Do you still have any of them? I like scalded dogs & would lke to take one off your hands!
Old 10-05-2014, 10:52 AM
Y-ME
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by dtana
Do you still have any of them? I like scalded dogs & would lke to take one off your hands!

No I parted the cr@p out of them, want a bumper cover?
Old 10-05-2014, 11:13 AM
z06scentair
Drifting

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

No I parted the cr@p out of them, want a bumper cover?
Just curious?

Did you make any return on your investment? Time and labor included?

I know of a car local that is not running and is to far gone for a restoration in the current market conditions.
Old 10-05-2014, 11:37 AM
Y-ME
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by z06scentair
Just curious?

Did you make any return on your investment? Time and labor included?

I know of a car local that is not running and is to far gone for a restoration in the current market conditions.
Takes time. first one I made good money, second and third one I still have thousands of dollars of parts left and have made only a third compared to first. I was lucky that a friend bought a lot of stuff, and some guy in Illinois bought a ton of obscure stuff off of ebay the first time around.

Hood, doors, quarters, and bumper covers sit, unless you give them away to people who just want cheap spares. I had the engine with harness, ecm, accessories listed as low as 4,500.00 no takers, ended up parting out engine to about 8k.

Get notified of new replies

To ISO reasonibly priced ZR-1

Old 10-05-2014, 12:19 PM
dtana
Racer

Takes time. first one I made good money, second and third one I still have thousands of dollars of parts left and have made only a third compared to first. I was lucky that a friend bought a lot of stuff, and some guy in Illinois bought a ton of obscure stuff off of ebay the first time around.

Hood, doors, quarters, and bumper covers sit, unless you give them away to people who just want cheap spares. I had the engine with harness, ecm, accessories listed as low as 4,500.00 no takers, ended up parting out engine to about 8k.

I see, so when you say your 3 cars were "drivers", you were being pretty liberal with that term. No offense, but I suspect that most people would not view "drivers" as being obvious candidates to be parted out.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:32 PM
Y-ME
Le Mans Master

Originally Posted by dtana
I see, so when you say your 3 cars were "drivers", you were being pretty liberal with that term. No offense, but I suspect that most people would not view "drivers" as being obvious candidates to be parted out.
Worth more apart all three were good runners no big issues outside of wear and tear, two had nice shiny paint, the third not that bad, one had fresh paint. Drivers mean good enough for daily duty, not low mile show cars. You would have bought and driven any of them for what they cost.
Old 10-05-2014, 07:52 PM
ZR-71
Team Owner

Received 84 Likes on 58 Posts
St. Jude Donor '15

Worth more apart all three were good runners no big issues outside of wear and tear, two had nice shiny paint, the third not that bad, one had fresh paint. Drivers mean good enough for daily duty, not low mile show cars. You would have bought and driven any of them for what they cost.
Makes me wonder how many ZR-1's are gone, less than 10% or more than 10% ?

Quick Reply: ISO reasonibly priced ZR-1