C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Rear Wings?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2014, 02:19 PM
NVMYRC51
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rear Wings?

What good options are out there for rear wings on ZR-1's or I guess on any late model C4? Post some pics with info if possible. Thanks.

Craig,
Old 11-15-2014, 02:26 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Received 100 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by NVMYRC51
What good options are out there for rear wings on ZR-1's or I guess on any late model C4? Post some pics with info if possible. Thanks.

Craig,
Hard to find a wing to fit the ZR-1 as the back end is a little larger so all of them available today are too short I have mine in the attic after I removed for my Z it's still available if you want it. I will post it below. Make me an offer

Last edited by Goldcylon; 11-15-2014 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-15-2014, 02:29 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Last year I removed the rear wing off my ZR-1 that was professionally installed by the PO. This is referred to as the Aero Wing and the shorter version of it can be seen in the Mid America Online Catalog. This is a rare wing as no wings are currently being made for the ZR-1 or Widebody kits anymore. The current wings for these types of endowed rear cars are too short. So here is an opportunity to get a wing that fits your car. See how the edges hug the rear body line? Also as you can see in the profile pic the styled upper lip on the rear portion. If you were to wing a wide body this would have been my choice vs a grocery cart style wing.

Mine is painted white (Obviously) but has typical Knicks and knocks associated with use and will need to be primed, sanded and painted. It is what it is.. a used and rare wing. Mine was also strutted to the frame from the underside and I will include all those brackets and grommets as well.

The wing is low and long and will require packing skills beyond my capabilities so it will have to be professionally packaged and insured. Here are a few old pictures of it on my car. I will accept paypal $250 OBO plus actual shipping. You will not likely see one again. GC

Old 11-17-2014, 06:13 PM
NVMYRC51
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Wing?

Hey GC that actually looks really good. Your car in general looks really good and I love those wheels. Thanks for posting up. I will get back to you if that is the style I end up going with. The idea is that I might turn my Z into a track car and a big gaudy wing would be great to add some downforce but more than likely at the speeds I would be running downforce probably will not be an issue, translation is slow....
Old 11-17-2014, 06:27 PM
Goldcylon
Tech Contributor

Originally Posted by NVMYRC51
Hey GC that actually looks really good. Your car in general looks really good and I love those wheels. Thanks for posting up. I will get back to you if that is the style I end up going with. The idea is that I might turn my Z into a track car and a big gaudy wing would be great to add some downforce but more than likely at the speeds I would be running downforce probably will not be an issue, translation is slow....
Well Ok then.. It would be ideal for a track car

Get notified of new replies

To Rear Wings?

Quick Reply: Rear Wings?