C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

'95 WARP TEN Haibeck 510 HP needs new caretaker

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 03:08 PM
ZR1Bob
Drifting

Received 600 Likes on 382 Posts

Default '95 WARP TEN Haibeck 510 HP needs new caretaker

Car was sold in 2016.--Bob

New Reduced Price for Warp Ten--$41,950 still including take off parts

Hi all--
Those on the ZR1 Net Registry forum may have seen that I am planning to sell my '95. I have now posted it in the C4s For Sale section of this forum and just wanted to let everyone know my plans. It is one of the last ZR-1s produced (built in the last two weeks of production), has about 30k miles and is stock looking with several significant (over $20k) performance options including a Haibeck 510HP package, 4.10s, Hurst, QTP exhaust cutouts, new Michelin Pilot Sports. There are pictures in my albums here. Now $41,950 including take off parts to restore to fully stock appearance. Marc Haibeck extensively serviced it when I got it in 2012 and his evaluation, as well as mine, indicated no signs of accidents or paintwork. Clear title and clean Carfax showing two owners including me, though I suspect at least one more. Great car, show winner, driven regularly in nice weather. More info in the for C4s For Sale section. Let me know if you have any questions. --Bob
Attached Images    

Last edited by ZR1Bob; 06-18-2020 at 10:46 AM.
Old 01-20-2015, 11:27 PM
FASTAZU
Race Director

Received 910 Likes on 583 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods)
2018 C4 of Year Finalist
2015 C4 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '16
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Another great ZR-1 for sale And talk about bang for the buck
The following users liked this post:
Crusin (03-24-2021)
Old 01-21-2015, 10:43 AM
DRM500RUBYZR-1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

VERY Nice!
Someone will have a GREAT car!
GLWS!

Marty
Old 01-21-2015, 11:11 AM
ZR1Bob
Drifting

Originally Posted by We Gone
Another great ZR-1 for sale And talk about bang for the buck
Thanks for the compliment and yes I agree it is a great value if one wants a clean, low mileage late production '95 AND would like the extra performance of the Haibeck modifications, which as you know are quite expensive. There certainly are plenty of high quality early year cars available at half this price but the 93-95s are the rarest and had many of the early car problems engineered out of them. And the very enjoyable Haibeck performance work adds a lot. When I bought this car in 2012 I wanted both and it has sure been a fun ride.--Bob

Last edited by ZR1Bob; 01-21-2015 at 11:25 AM.
Old 01-21-2015, 11:13 AM
ZR1Bob
Drifting

Originally Posted by DRM500RUBYZR-1
VERY Nice!
Someone will have a GREAT car!
GLWS!

Marty
Thanks for the compliment Marty. I certainly hope someone wants this combination of attributes, because if they do they will be a neat, proven fast car at a big discount to buying one and then doing all the work. Ask the man who has done it! --Bob

Last edited by ZR1Bob; 01-21-2015 at 11:26 AM.
Old 01-22-2015, 04:57 PM
Meanmyz
Pro

Received 38 Likes on 32 Posts

Hi Bob. I saw that you had this listed in the ZR1.net's "for sale" section. Honestly, it makes me kind of sad to see that you are letting it go!
Old 01-23-2015, 11:42 AM
ZR1Bob
Drifting

Originally Posted by meanmyz1
Hi Bob. I saw that you had this listed in the ZR1.net's "for sale" section. Honestly, it makes me kind of sad to see that you are letting it go!
Me too! But it feels like it is time. Then again, I thought I was done with ZR-1s when I sold my Quasar Blue one in 2007. You never know. Marc Haibeck would tell you I have a child's span of attention! I know that the sales process for a ZR-1 can a slow one, so I have made my reservations for Bowling Green and plan to be there. Still I would be just as happy if a new owner got to take it and play there. --Bob
Old 01-23-2015, 12:36 PM
FU
NCM Lifetime # 982
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 26 Likes on 21 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20

That is one heck of a nice car you got there Bob. GLWS
Old 01-23-2015, 08:52 PM
mgg
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FU
That is one heck of a nice car you got there Bob. GLWS
Early car problems? You must be talking about the cars that weighed less and actually set all the records the ZR-1s are famous for. Very poorly worded and extremely subjective. Beautiful car though. Good luck with the sale someone will be getting a very nice ride. I too own a Haibeck 510 car and it is fantastic.
Old 01-25-2015, 11:38 AM
ZR1Bob
Drifting

Originally Posted by mgg
Early car problems? You must be talking about the cars that weighed less and actually set all the records the ZR-1s are famous for. Very poorly worded and extremely subjective. Beautiful car though. Good luck with the sale someone will be getting a very nice ride. I too own a Haibeck 510 car and it is fantastic.
Certainly not trying to start a controversy. The early cars are awesome, readily available and usually extremely good values. All I meant was that like any car model run, many early car issues are often engineered out by the end of the model run. Like valve guides, injectors that react badly to alcohol in fuel, etc. The new 2014 C7s had some issues that were corrected for 2015. That's all. Nothing bad intended. -- Bob
Old 01-25-2015, 10:28 PM
mgg
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZR1Bob
Certainly not trying to start a controversy. The early cars are awesome, readily available and usually extremely good values. All I meant was that like any car model run, many early car issues are often engineered out by the end of the model run. Like valve guides, injectors that react badly to alcohol in fuel, etc. The new 2014 C7s had some issues that were corrected for 2015. That's all. Nothing bad intended. -- Bob
Bob, excellent point and I apologize for my post being a little to rough. Just get a little tired of reading many posts that criticize the early cars as if they are not comparable to the later model runs. Both cars have their strengths and weaknesses but they are all ZR-1s and tremendous cars with one of the greatest engines ever manufactured. As I have mentioned many times truly one of the most if not the most historically significant corvette ever produced. Good luck with the sale of your car it is a fantastic example!
Old 01-26-2015, 10:59 AM
ZR1Bob
Drifting

Originally Posted by mgg
Bob, excellent point and I apologize for my post being a little to rough. Just get a little tired of reading many posts that criticize the early cars as if they are not comparable to the later model runs. Both cars have their strengths and weaknesses but they are all ZR-1s and tremendous cars with one of the greatest engines ever manufactured. As I have mentioned many times truly one of the most if not the most historically significant corvette ever produced. Good luck with the sale of your car it is a fantastic example!
No offense taken. You have a completely valid point. And my car is one that has to appeal to a very narrow segment: a buyer who really wants a very late production car, one of the last produced (like me--I searched for a year to find this one) AND who plans to do performance mods on it. While I have the takeoff parts to make it visually stock, Marc's 510 HP package has been great fun!. --Bob
Old 01-27-2015, 12:03 PM
DRM500RUBYZR-1
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 108 Likes on 74 Posts

No offense taken. You have a completely valid point. And my car is one that has to appeal to a very narrow segment: a buyer who really wants a very late production car, one of the last produced (like me--I searched for a year to find this one) AND who plans to do performance mods on it. While I have the takeoff parts to make it visually stock, Marc's 510 HP package has been great fun!. --Bob
The added 100 or so horsepower, attributable to these mods, takes a very good car to begin with, and makes it far better.
I can only imagine what a big cube must feel like, but the mods that you have really wake the car up.
Having owned stock and one with similar mods, I cannot believe the difference that it makes. I have the 3.73 instead of the 4.10's, and I would imagine the 4.10's utilize the power even better.
Whoever buys this car, gets the mods steeply discounted!
Had GM had 3 or 4 more years with that power-plant, and the desire to do similar things with it, 600 HP would have been a pretty easy feat.
And if the Queen had **^ls, she would be the King..........
Still, a 5 year run on that motor, left a lot on the table.
Good luck with the sale of your car, in that year and color with those additions, it will find it's way quickly to a new owner.

Marty
Old 01-27-2015, 12:23 PM
ZR1Bob
Drifting

Originally Posted by DRM500RUBYZR-1
The added 100 or so horsepower, attributable to these mods, takes a very good car to begin with, and makes it far better.
I can only imagine what a big cube must feel like, but the mods that you have really wake the car up.
Having owned stock and one with similar mods, I cannot believe the difference that it makes. I have the 3.73 instead of the 4.10's, and I would imagine the 4.10's utilize the power even better.
Whoever buys this car, gets the mods steeply discounted!
Had GM had 3 or 4 more years with that power-plant, and the desire to do similar things with it, 600 HP would have been a pretty easy feat.
And if the Queen had **^ls, she would be the King..........
Still, a 5 year run on that motor, left a lot on the table.
Good luck with the sale of your car, in that year and color with those additions, it will find it's way quickly to a new owner.

Marty
Thanks Marty can't agree more. I wish I had been able to justify (rationalize) a 415 but my budget was very stretched just to do the work I had done. I have not driven a 415 but I would be it is incredible. --Bob

Last edited by ZR1Bob; 02-06-2015 at 11:38 AM.
Old 01-28-2015, 10:48 AM
Paul Workman
Le Mans Master

Received 500 Likes on 395 Posts

Wow... Whomever buys that car is going to land a peach!! It makes me sad to see you let it go, Bob! Someone looking for a Z is going to be very, very pleased!
Old 01-30-2015, 11:02 AM
ZR1Bob
Drifting

Originally Posted by Paul Workman
Wow... Whomever buys that car is going to land a peach!! It makes me sad to see you let it go, Bob! Someone looking for a Z is going to be very, very pleased!
Thanks Paul I appreciate the compliments. Are you sure you don't need another ZR-1? I still plan to be in Bowling Green this Spring if it doesn't sell before then. I think that as a bit of a hybrid (stock, late production plus mods) it will be a longer selling process. I have had a couple of inquiries so far but I think they were either looking for a completely stock car or had budget constraints. But we will see. --Bob

Last edited by ZR1Bob; 02-06-2015 at 11:38 AM.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:43 PM
4cefed
Melting Slicks

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Really Nice Car Bob. Hope she finds a good home.

Get notified of new replies

To '95 WARP TEN Haibeck 510 HP needs new caretaker

Old 02-06-2015, 12:23 PM
WydGlydJim
Team Owner

Received 296 Likes on 141 Posts

Yep when I spoke to Gordon Killebrew he generally regarded the '95s as the best ZR-1s just by virtue of working out the bugs over the years.......he told me "by 95 they were a really good car"....however some of the quirks, especially the '90s are what make them special as well.
Old 02-06-2015, 12:38 PM
ZR1Bob
Drifting

Originally Posted by WydGlydJim
Yep when I spoke to Gordon Killebrew he generally regarded the '95s as the best ZR-1s just by virtue of working out the bugs over the years.......he told me "by 95 they were a really good car"....however some of the quirks, especially the '90s are what make them special as well.
I have to say that WARP TEN has been an extraordinarily reliable car. In talking with Marc he says he rarely sees certain of the problems that are more likely to crop up in early cars. But 95s also have some of their own issues. I am told that they seem to be a bit more prone to windshield delamination--witness #448 in the museum. Fortunately mine has only a little around the edges. And in any event the 95s are still 20 years old!--Bob
Old 02-07-2015, 09:17 AM
RatRacer
Safety Car

Received 118 Likes on 73 Posts

All ZR-1's are essentially the same car.

Quick Reply: '95 WARP TEN Haibeck 510 HP needs new caretaker