C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

C4 Gathering Roll Call!

Old 04-22-2015, 10:39 AM
NVMYRC51
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default C4 Gathering Roll Call!

Ok gents we are about 24 days out from the C4 Gathering. Who is attending, where are you coming in from, and most importantly what are you driving?

Craig Hawkins Miami, FL 1990 Red ZR-1
Old 04-23-2015, 07:56 PM
oldpro
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

coming from ridgecrest ca, via bill bs and coreys (get the car tuned ) almost 3000 miles with the detour .
Old 04-23-2015, 08:00 PM
oldpro
Racer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

oh yeah driving a blk 1990 with 169000 miles on her . she just got a new motor, bills tranny, rearend steering rack, suspension ,radiator ,water pump,clutch .A163500. interior not real nice but I ran out of cash,decided go to bowling green do interior later
Old 04-28-2015, 06:08 PM
DDSLT5
Team Owner

Received 68 Likes on 40 Posts

I'll be there for the track day.......oh, wait a minute, it's now a parade lap day.
Old 04-29-2015, 07:25 AM
Scrrem
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'll be heading down on Sunday, doing three days of mountian road driving with the group for MR3 then on to BG on Wed!!
Rich
Old 04-29-2015, 02:18 PM
Rkreigh
Le Mans Master

Received 707 Likes on 543 Posts

Originally Posted by DDSLT5
I'll be there for the track day.......oh, wait a minute, it's now a parade lap day.
sigh, no racing no ron

I'll be headed to Indy instead to work on a pit crew.

should be a hoot.

I need a solid reason to spend the $$ love to see you guys, but carlisle is in the back yard.

I'll try to make it, but $$$ are tight this year, anyone want to buy some wheels??? hint hint
Old 04-30-2015, 10:13 AM
ZR1Bob
Drifting

Received 600 Likes on 382 Posts

Sorry you won't be there Ron, but working on a pit crew at Indy sounds like fun. I 'll head out from Chicago Wednesday morning and plan to arrive late Wed afternoon. Haven't settled on a route yet; I had a report from a friend that I-65 isn't bad until between Lafayette and Lebanon with large potholes; also bridge work at Louisville. Maybe I-57 to I-74 east and circumvent the bridgework via New Albany. We'll see.--Bob
Old 04-30-2015, 11:50 AM
indianavette
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ZR1Bob
Sorry you won't be there Ron, but working on a pit crew at Indy sounds like fun. I 'll head out from Chicago Wednesday morning and plan to arrive late Wed afternoon. Haven't settled on a route yet; I had a report from a friend that I-65 isn't bad until between Lafayette and Lebanon with large potholes; also bridge work at Louisville. Maybe I-57 to I-74 east and circumvent the bridgework via New Albany. We'll see.--Bob
Hello from Indy. I-65 North of Franklin is one-lane currently. Don't know what it will be like in a couple of weeks. Surprisingly, getting thru Louisville isn't much of a hassle. But there's roadwork around Etown. Hey, just figure another hour into your trip and enjoy.
Old 04-30-2015, 01:33 PM
shootnstarz
Burning Brakes

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts

I'm planning on driving up from Pensacola, red 89 coupe, but am hopefully going for the last 2 days of the mountain run first. I have a room booked in Alton,TN but I haven't booked a room at Fontana yet, they require a month cancelation notice so I want to be 100% sure I'm going before I commit to a hundred dollar room. If none are available I'll just only do one day.

Right now I've got'er all stripped down repairing the faded dash film, installing a new Kenwood HU, power amp and 4 new speakers, shampooed the ultra gross carpet and plan on installing new radiator hoses, Bilsteins and if I have time, the weatherstripping.

Rick
Old 04-30-2015, 09:53 PM
NVMYRC51
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

1 week out for me. Leaving Miami next Friday. Going in early to hangout with family. I am from Kentucky area and my folks still live over in Greenville. Nice place to crash instead of having to hotel it up. Looking forward to the drive actually. Should be fun.

Craig
Old 05-01-2015, 10:20 AM
ZR1Bob
Drifting

Received 600 Likes on 382 Posts

Originally Posted by indianavette
Hello from Indy. I-65 North of Franklin is one-lane currently. Don't know what it will be like in a couple of weeks. Surprisingly, getting thru Louisville isn't much of a hassle. But there's roadwork around Etown. Hey, just figure another hour into your trip and enjoy.
Thanks for the update. I think I will revert to last year's route down I-57 to Mattoon then to Owensboro and down the Natcher to BG. Adds about an hour compared to the "normal" time via Indy (8 hours vs 7 approx); probably about even with the potholes and construction.-Bob

Get notified of new replies

To C4 Gathering Roll Call!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C4 Gathering Roll Call!