C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Lost Power Steering

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 01:15 PM
Anthony F
Burning Brakes

Received 73 Likes on 48 Posts

Default Lost Power Steering

For the past month I have been sucking out my P/S fluid and replacing it with Redline Syn, so far i have gone through a bottle. Everything was perfectly fine before I started this and up until today. I took the Z out for a 30 mile cruise when i lost P/S at 15 miles. The car was squealing on moderate to sharp turns and completely unpredictable, to say the least it scared the sh*t out of me on the highway while hard accelerating. There appears to be a pretty good leak now under the rack, but i haven't lost any fluid in the reservoir. When sucking out the old fluid, the color still has not changed over the past month and looks like this:

Help me out here guys, what could the problem be, what should I do? I just bought some Lucas P/S Stop Leak, i'll put it in as soon as it ships here.

Last edited by Anthony F; 05-30-2015 at 01:32 PM.
Old 05-31-2015, 01:36 AM
mike100
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

looks like it got aerated. where is it leaking from?

I did a similar flush on mine, but i used a $6 bottle of conventional parts store fluid- nothing fancy like synthetic. Been fine for the last three years.

Quick Reply: Lost Power Steering