C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

1990 Corvette C4 ZR1 For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2015, 01:17 PM
Breakiron
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1990 Corvette C4 ZR1 For Sale

I have a 1990 ZR1
Garage kept
Routinely maintained
Race exhaust
Performance Chip
3k paint job

This has been my fathers baby before I've was born. He takes matilicalate care of this vehicle. As one of his Hobbes is waxing it and cleaning the already cleaned interior. The fuel injectors were replaced this year.

Being this is a corvette forum you'll know about the rarity of finding a original ZR1 today
I'm running out of time and will add to this thread with more details and photos pricing etc
Zackbreak@gmail.com

Old 05-30-2015, 01:18 PM
Breakiron
5th Gear

I believe he asking around 33'k anyone interested e mail me. Also I can figure a good way to find it worth maybe yall could suggest some figures for me
Old 05-30-2015, 03:21 PM
F&Yb0dluvr
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Depending on if it's ultra low miles $33k is high for a 90 even in excellent condition , I would definitely list the miles and service records you have..
Old 05-30-2015, 03:24 PM
Breakiron
5th Gear

Originally Posted by F&Yb0dluvr
Depending on if it's ultra low miles $33k is high for a 90 even in excellent condition , I would definitely list the miles and service records you have..

It's only has 11,000 miles
Old 05-30-2015, 03:26 PM
FASTAZU
Race Director

Received 910 Likes on 583 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods)
2018 C4 of Year Finalist
2015 C4 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '16
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Good luck with your sale, Original cars are not as rare as you may think and with the rear wing, paint and borla exhaust your 90 is no longer considered original.
Old 05-30-2015, 03:45 PM
F&Yb0dluvr
Drifting

Originally Posted by Breakiron
It's only has 11,000 miles
Although 11,000 miles is definitely low mileage it's not ultra low for a ZR-1 especially a 90 as there are still plenty of cars out there with under 1000 miles from original owners who spent $80k on them and socked them away and lost their ***.

The current market for a 90 with around 10kmi seems to be in the mid-high 20's unfortunately a new $3k paint job or modification not easily removed/replaced doesn't add any value for most buyers of corvettes and may detract from a similar all original car..it looks and seems like a very nice Z though

Last edited by F&Yb0dluvr; 05-30-2015 at 03:53 PM.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:50 PM
bluestreak63
Safety Car

Received 286 Likes on 172 Posts

Someone looking for a 90 with low miles like yours is most likely a collector or ZR-1 aficionado. Which means he is going to shy away from that paint job, spoiler, and the C6 ZR1 emblem on the front fender.

If it were me, I would be looking at what current ZR-1's in this mileage range are selling at and then subtracting out what it's going to cost me to remove that spoiler, have the holes filled in, and have the car repainted...and the correct front emblem put on.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not knocking your father's taste, he owns the car, he can do whatever mods he wants to it. But the chances that he is going to find a buyer will to pay what he wants to sell for ($33k??) that also likes the spoiler and paint scheme, I'm guessing is very slim.

But it looks like he took care of it...
Old 06-04-2015, 05:18 PM
WydGlydJim
Team Owner

Received 296 Likes on 141 Posts

Since you asked......I'm going to be brutally honest.....in the car's current state, you are going to be very hard pressed to even find a buyer with those cosmetic mods. Hopefully the graphics are easily removed, and not painted on...... otherwise you will need to discount the car below current market value to cover the costs of bringing the car back to original and deleting those mods. That of course is just my opinion, but I have been around the cars for many years....no disrespect intended, just being honest.
Old 06-05-2015, 12:35 AM
Billy Bo Bass
Advanced

Originally Posted by WydGlydJim
Since you asked......I'm going to be brutally honest.....in the car's current state, you are going to be very hard pressed to even find a buyer with those cosmetic mods. Hopefully the graphics are easily removed, and not painted on...... otherwise you will need to discount the car below current market value to cover the costs of bringing the car back to original and deleting those mods. That of course is just my opinion, but I have been around the cars for many years....no disrespect intended, just being honest.
I have to kinda agree here also. Beautiful ZR1 but graphics and wing take away from the car. Discount the car and should sell quickly.
Old 06-07-2015, 10:12 AM
F&Yb0dluvr
Drifting

Yeah I hadn't noticed the wing and graphics(I'm on an iPhone) those two mods will definitely detract from the value if they aren't easily removed...personally I would remove them and start the pricing in the high 20's...

Last edited by F&Yb0dluvr; 06-07-2015 at 10:15 AM.
Old 06-07-2015, 06:34 PM
rudolph schenker
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 233 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by WydGlydJim

Get notified of new replies

To 1990 Corvette C4 ZR1 For Sale

Quick Reply: 1990 Corvette C4 ZR1 For Sale