C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

my first corvette 1985

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2015, 10:23 PM
redvette1985
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default my first corvette 1985

I just bought a very nice condition 1985 corvette it has 73000 miles on it and runs great. The interior is in almost new condition. the only issues i have found with it after having it a few days are the weather striping around the windows is worn out and needs replaced, which I have ordered and the windshield washer pump is not working. I plan on fixing both problems soon along with replacing the roof and door seals.

Is there anything else I should look for or know about this year vehicle. This is my first classic car so my knowledge is limited.

What is the preferred gas that should be used. the manual says 87 is fine with up to 10% ethanol. I was planing on using ethanol free when i bought it prior to reading the manual. thanks in advance and please bare with me I am new to cars and like to learn.
thanks in advance
Nate
Old 07-26-2015, 11:24 PM
jay1055
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by redvette1985
I just bought a very nice condition 1985 corvette it has 73000 miles on it and runs great. The interior is in almost new condition. the only issues i have found with it after having it a few days are the weather striping around the windows is worn out and needs replaced, which I have ordered and the windshield washer pump is not working. I plan on fixing both problems soon along with replacing the roof and door seals.

Is there anything else I should look for or know about this year vehicle. This is my first classic car so my knowledge is limited.

What is the preferred gas that should be used. the manual says 87 is fine with up to 10% ethanol. I was planing on using ethanol free when i bought it prior to reading the manual. thanks in advance and please bare with me I am new to cars and like to learn.
thanks in advance
Nate
Congrats on the 85 I only run premium in my VETTES but opinions on here might vary I am sure will run on 87 but it will run better with 90+ just my opinion. Jay
Old 07-26-2015, 11:26 PM
jay1055
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by redvette1985

thanks in advance
Nate

On the washer fluid issue when I had the problem it was the rubber hose under the fluid bottle (84). Jay
Old 07-27-2015, 06:05 AM
redvette1985
Heel & Toe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jay1055
On the washer fluid issue when I had the problem it was the rubber hose under the fluid bottle (84). Jay
I was thinking it may g\just be clogged. When I test drove it worked one time and now I can't get it to work at all.
Old 07-27-2015, 11:26 AM
FASTAZU
Race Director

Received 910 Likes on 583 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods)
2018 C4 of Year Finalist
2015 C4 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '16
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Nate, Move this over to C4 general, You will get a lot more responses. and Conrats on you Corvette.

Get notified of new replies

To my first corvette 1985

Quick Reply: my first corvette 1985