C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

For Sale: 1990 ZR-1!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2015, 06:07 PM
NVMYRC51
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default For Sale: 1990 ZR-1!

I am selling my 1990 ZR-1. 19,598 original miles, red w/black interior, chrome A-molds, new nitto tires, chipped, braided brake lines, both tops, car is super clean and garage kept. If interested PM me for more details. Motivated seller. $22,000.

Old 11-18-2015, 11:06 AM
edram454
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Default zr1

sorry you are selling your car craig. congrats on your c6 purchase. you will certainly miss your zr1 when its gone. hope you dont regret it later. zr1 dohc cars are truly unique corvettes that most people dont even know about. when you go to car gatherings they are few and far between and attract inquiring minds unlike the other cookie cutter corvettes at the shows. i sold my cammed and supercharged c5 and never looked back or regretted selling it. it was nice and ran great with tons of power but had no mystique and uniqueness which was disappointing since i dumped so much cash on it.

I hope your experience is better than mine. I see you left Miami so I wish you good luck in your new home location.

ed ramos #3028 KOTH!
Old 11-19-2015, 03:15 PM
NVMYRC51
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Ed. It truly comes down to I feel guilty about driving such a low mileage car. I am not enjoying it because I want to keep it so pristine. You are right about the C6 though. Cookie cutter, run of the mill Z51, BUT I don't feel guilty beating on it. I had the opportunity to run on the Corvette Museum Racetrack with the C6 two weeks ago for Vetttes and Vets and it was a blast. Not as exciting as the ZR-1 for sure but still a ton of fun. I am 3 hours now from Bowling Green and the Corvette plant so I can attend a lot of events. I am customizing my C6 to a small degree so it can be uniquely mine but I will end up in the next few years with either a C6 ZO6, C6 427 GS, or maybe even a used C7 Z51 if I can find a good low mileage deal. I will always love ZR-1's but I want something I can drive daily and not have to feel bad about taking the luster off of a true superstar.
Old 11-19-2015, 10:39 PM
edram454
Pro
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

Default zr1

Originally Posted by NVMYRC51
Hey Ed. It truly comes down to I feel guilty about driving such a low mileage car. I am not enjoying it because I want to keep it so pristine. You are right about the C6 though. Cookie cutter, run of the mill Z51, BUT I don't feel guilty beating on it. I had the opportunity to run on the Corvette Museum Racetrack with the C6 two weeks ago for Vetttes and Vets and it was a blast. Not as exciting as the ZR-1 for sure but still a ton of fun. I am 3 hours now from Bowling Green and the Corvette plant so I can attend a lot of events. I am customizing my C6 to a small degree so it can be uniquely mine but I will end up in the next few years with either a C6 ZO6, C6 427 GS, or maybe even a used C7 Z51 if I can find a good low mileage deal. I will always love ZR-1's but I want something I can drive daily and not have to feel bad about taking the luster off of a true superstar.

Hey Craig I do understand you feel guilty in putting miles on that beautiful zr1 you have. you are right that one feels less guilty driving around newer corvettes and they are very nice drivers. a c6 is a great car and you will have tons of fun in it. Living close to bowling green is sweet. i was able to attend a few years back while i was out of state working with my employer. i wish you much happiness with your new ride and hope your z goes to a worthy owner.

take care,

ed ramos #3028
Old 11-20-2015, 01:41 AM
ajerickson82
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How I wish I had black interior instead of tan. Alas, it was the 90 that was allocated to the dealer in 89.

I understand the not wanting to drive it too much, I've had the same issue. I've always wondered how the car would drive with some performance mods but don't want to do it to the car...I'm always keeping an eye out for a cheap higher mileage Z to play with.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:24 AM
Ray F
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Could you tell me what size wheels are on your ZR1? I have a 96 collectors edition and would like to get those wheels. I am stuggling with what size to get though. Thanks.
Old 12-03-2015, 11:42 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

Forget guilt, mos it and drive it til the wheels fall off ! (which will be a long long time)
Like new car, no payments fun, unique etc
Why let someone else have all the fun? Let the collectors with less than 1000 mi set them in a display case

Get notified of new replies

To For Sale: 1990 ZR-1!

Quick Reply: For Sale: 1990 ZR-1!