C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Original Injectors?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2016, 12:27 PM
DRGVette
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Original Injectors?

Hi guys! Well I have the zr1 completely apart and I am

finding a lot of things from a bad accuator to a rat's nest in starter valley. But my question now is do these look like original injectors? They all work mechanically but 3 of the secondaries ohm at 3 , 6 and 9,ohms. Rest are at 12.4. I believe they are original but its hard to believe it idled so smoothly at 87k miles for the originals. Just want your guys opinion before I bite the bullet and get a whole new set. Thinking FIC delphi stainless. Thanks again for all the help!!

Old 04-27-2016, 07:13 PM
A26B
Drifting

Received 81 Likes on 49 Posts

Yes, those are original injectors. Be sure to ask FIC for Primary Injector LOWER o-ring seals. do not come with the injectors, but they keep them in stock, PN 10067600_V. The lower seal on the primary injector is inside the injector housing. You should also replace the fuel feed & return block o-ring seals with PN 14104675-V. The suffix "V" on the end of the PN denotes Viton. The original o-ring seals are Buna-N and not as well suited for ethanol blended fuels as Viton.

Do NOT use silicone grease/spray/oil on the o-rings. Use only a light coat of motor oil on all new o-rings to avoid damage during installation. Will also make installation easier.

Last edited by A26B; 04-27-2016 at 07:21 PM.

Quick Reply: Original Injectors?