C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

ZR-1 Ride along in Los Angeles?

Old 04-28-2016, 08:58 PM
Marcus2137
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ZR-1 Ride along in Los Angeles?

Hi, I'm a long-time lurker and newly registered member.

I've had my eyes out for vettes for a few years now and have always loved a variety from c1s-current.

The ZR-1 is like a dream car for me, and I've become VERY interested in them now that the prices have become VERY accessible for us common folk!

I got to check out a ZR-1 today but it looks like another buyer is willing to pay the full asking price so it probably won't work out for me. I only got to spend a limited amount of time in the car.

I'm wondering if there is anyone in the LA area who would be willing to take me for a ride (I'd never ask/expect to drive someone else's car!) and let me spend a little time in their car? I'd love to just check it out and get the feel of what it would be like to live with longer term. I'd be happy to pay for a little gas or buy a burger as a thanks .

I'm in the Inland Empire area, but can travel for the opportunity.

Thanks!
Marcus
Old 04-29-2016, 03:14 AM
Zrxmax
Race Director

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Marcus2137
Hi, I'm a long-time lurker and newly registered member.

I've had my eyes out for vettes for a few years now and have always loved a variety from c1s-current.

The ZR-1 is like a dream car for me, and I've become VERY interested in them now that the prices have become VERY accessible for us common folk!

I got to check out a ZR-1 today but it looks like another buyer is willing to pay the full asking price so it probably won't work out for me. I only got to spend a limited amount of time in the car.

I'm wondering if there is anyone in the LA area who would be willing to take me for a ride (I'd never ask/expect to drive someone else's car!) and let me spend a little time in their car? I'd love to just check it out and get the feel of what it would be like to live with longer term. I'd be happy to pay for a little gas or buy a burger as a thanks .

I'm in the Inland Empire area, but can travel for the opportunity.

Thanks!
Marcus
PM sent
Actually sent a request first since you can't PM somebody new the first time without sending a request.

Last edited by Zrxmax; 04-29-2016 at 03:16 AM. Reason: Revision
Old 04-29-2016, 07:45 AM
Dynomite
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 65 Likes on 59 Posts

Originally Posted by Zrxmax
PM sent
Actually sent a request first since you can't PM somebody new the first time without sending a request.
Give him a good ride Ted........
And......show/tell him about the LT5 and how easy to restore and obtain parts. He can click on links in my signature for more information.

1995 ZR-1
Dunn Heads Left and Right

Last edited by Dynomite; 04-29-2016 at 07:48 AM.
Old 04-29-2016, 12:36 PM
Marcus2137
3rd Gear

Hey, Thanks for the replies guys! Seriously!

Dynomite-I've been all over your links already as I've been researching how easy it is to maintain/mod the LT5. I'm a DIY'er that doesn't mind to get dirty, but I just don't want to run into a situation of the car being stuck in the garage for 6 months because I'm trying to track down some part to get it running again. It doesn't seem like that's the case with the LT5 though. You're info is awesome though and it's definitely been a huge resource for me already.

Zrxmax-Thanks for the reply. I didn't realize how the PMs worked for newbs, sorry about that. I went ahead and added you. Thanks for taking the time to send the request. Looks like you're not far from me

Thanks
Marcus
Old 04-29-2016, 07:19 PM
GLmajer
Drifting
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 118 Likes on 91 Posts

I'll be at the Vette Set car show in Redondo Beach on Saturday with my '94 ZR-1. The show is at Ruby's Diner, 245 N. Harbor Blvd.
Come on by and check out the ZR-1 all you want.
Attached Images  
Old 04-29-2016, 11:38 PM
Marcus2137
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by GLmajer
I'll be at the Vette Set car show in Redondo Beach on Saturday with my '94 ZR-1. The show is at Ruby's Diner, 245 N. Harbor Blvd.
Come on by and check out the ZR-1 all you want.
Cool, thanks for letting me know, I didn't realize this was going on. I'm gonna be coming down for this and I'll be bringing my dad (another corvette-less corvette fan) along with me.

I'll be on the lookout for you and our Z (should be easy to spot!). I'll definitely be checking yours out, and I'll try not to drool or put any finger prints on it... 'cause that thing looks amazing!

Thanks for letting me know about this event, I can't wait.
Old 05-02-2016, 12:21 PM
5abivt
Safety Car

Received 77 Likes on 59 Posts

They aren't much different on the inside and suspension wise if there are non zr1s local to you id suggest go and test drive them. You can get a better idea of how much of a difference a well maintained c4 can be like vs a stock or even neglected one will be like. At the least you can familiarize yourself with the interior and such.
Old 05-05-2016, 04:35 PM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

but I just don't want to run into a situation of the car being stuck in the garage for 6 months because I'm trying to track down some part to get it running again. It doesn't seem like that's the case with the LT5 though
Parts are out there but dont plan on going to Autozone and finding them
Network of guys here usually have or know of someone that has what you need just know that some of them wont be cheap and may have to search a bit thats all.

Motors themselves are pretty robust though not too much to worry about

Last edited by cv67; 05-05-2016 at 04:36 PM.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:40 PM
mike100
Safety Car

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Marcus2137
I got to check out a ZR-1 today but it looks like another buyer is willing to pay the full asking price so it probably won't work out for me. .
Even though prices are down, expect to pay a high cover charge to get a ZR-1. Sometimes the good cars are like buying a house in a strong housing market- you might have to pay what they are asking.
Old 05-05-2016, 10:02 PM
FASTAZU
Race Director

Received 910 Likes on 583 Posts
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2019 C4 of Year Finalist (performance mods)
2018 C4 of Year Finalist
2015 C4 of the Year Finalist
St. Jude Donor '16
2020 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified

Good luck, Sounds like you have done your home work. Post up your thoughts after your ride!

Get notified of new replies

To ZR-1 Ride along in Los Angeles?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ZR-1 Ride along in Los Angeles?