C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Anyone know how much a set of stock computer chips would cost for a 95 ZR1?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2016, 09:56 PM
fendrbendr
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know how much a set of stock computer chips would cost for a 95 ZR1?

Hi,

My father had a red 1991 ZR1. It was absolutely bad ***. He sold it a few years back and now he lives in the mountains, in a region where a sports car just wouldn't work. Before he sold it he did some modification where he swapped out the computer chips. He though that he'd lost them, but I was cleaning up the garage the other day and I found them! They're in great shape. He said he didn't need them and told me to sell them. They even have a cool spec sheet that the 1st owner put together. Do any of you know how much these go for? I couldn't find anyone online who sells them. I would greatly appreciate the help.

Thanks
Old 05-25-2016, 07:55 AM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 643 Likes on 420 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

Marc Haibeck sells these as well as Jerry Downey at Jerrys Gaskets. Sounds like one of them might not be stock. I've seen the stock chips go for a couple hundred bucks.
The following users liked this post:
fendrbendr (05-25-2016)
Old 05-25-2016, 08:38 AM
fendrbendr
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by Z51JEFF
Marc Haibeck sells these as well as Jerry Downey at Jerrys Gaskets. Sounds like one of them might not be stock. I've seen the stock chips go for a couple hundred bucks.
Thanks for the reply. Here's a link to a picture of them. A couple hundred bucks! That's pretty awesome! I've got a big tuition bill to pay so these may really help.

http://imgur.com/a/kVg6z
Old 05-25-2016, 12:31 PM
A26B
Drifting

Received 81 Likes on 49 Posts

What you have is the actual "chip" which resides inside the Prom/Eprom. The prom is often referred to as a chip, but is actually more than that (see photo).
Unfortunately, your chip is not going to help your tuition bill very much, but I wish you the best in selling them.

Old 05-25-2016, 01:18 PM
fendrbendr
3rd Gear

[QUOTE=A26B;1592288204]What you have is the actual "chip" which resides inside the Prom/Eprom. The prom is often referred to as a chip, but is actually more than that (see photo).
Unfortunately, your chip is not going to help your tuition bill very much, but I wish you the best in selling them.

Thanks for all your help. Cheers.

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone know how much a set of stock computer chips would cost for a 95 ZR1?

Quick Reply: Anyone know how much a set of stock computer chips would cost for a 95 ZR1?