C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

fuel injectors

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2016, 02:08 PM
chefsal
Instructor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 51 Likes on 25 Posts

Default fuel injectors

Hey Guys,

I am the second owner of a 90 ZR-1. I bought it two years ago with 12k. I now has 23k. Recently I ve noticed some skipping and hesitation when I lean on it. Its especially true when in full power and not has noticeable in regular power. There are no vacuum leaks and the plugs/wires are original. Can I Assume its the injectors at this point? If so is the only fix is to replace them? Has anyone tried techron or similar products? And if I need to change what else so I change while I'm at it?

Thanks Guys!
Old 09-05-2016, 02:45 PM
jay1055
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by chefsal
Hey Guys,

I am the second owner of a 90 ZR-1. I bought it two years ago with 12k. I now has 23k. Recently I ve noticed some skipping and hesitation when I lean on it. Its especially true when in full power and not has noticeable in regular power. There are no vacuum leaks and the plugs/wires are original. Can I Assume its the injectors at this point? If so is the only fix is to replace them? Has anyone tried techron or similar products? And if I need to change what else so I change while I'm at it?

Thanks Guys!
If they have never been changed it is time cleaners will probably not help?
Old 09-05-2016, 03:32 PM
Z51JEFF
Race Director

Received 643 Likes on 420 Posts
2022 C4 of the Year Finalist - Modified

If they are original they will need to be replaced. Get the plenum gaskets and O rings while you're at it.
Old 09-05-2016, 04:01 PM
Hib Halverson
Pro Mechanic
Pro Mechanic

Received 1,143 Likes on 597 Posts

If the plugs and wires are original, I'd try changing plugs, first.

Get notified of new replies

To fuel injectors

Quick Reply: fuel injectors