C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Mid Texas Meet

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 09:39 AM
Eric Reeves
Burning Brakes

Received 52 Likes on 41 Posts

Good lord guys. I filled up when we met at the Shell at 242. I used a little over half a tank up and back (200mi total) and you know how I ran. We made it from College Park to the site in hour and 10min.
Old 12-16-2016, 11:58 AM
MickeyD
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Maybe 90 got worst mileage of the lot when made.
Old 12-16-2016, 12:11 PM
MickeyD
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric Reeves
Good lord guys. I filled up when we met at the Shell at 242. I used a little over half a tank up and back (200mi total) and you know how I ran. We made it from College Park to the site in hour and 10min.
Btw Eric, you should keep yours. I think you'll regret it. And besides, you get to hang with us. How could it be better.
Old 12-16-2016, 06:01 PM
Fully Vetted
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jss06c6
I'm averaging about 21 mpg when I drive "normal", so a 20 gallon tank should get me about 400 miles, haven't verified, but will do so. I had a little less than a full tank for the run to Buffalo and back. I filled up when I got close to home, so that was about 240 miles. We didn't drive "normal", so I would guess my mileage was about what yours was. Did the tank show it had 1/4 left when you got home? Might want to check the sending unit for sure.
In the 4 years I've owned it it has never gone past 1/4 but I thought I fixed it last month. So, I know that needs to be fixed but that shouldn't have any bearing on how many miles I get out of a tank. It just stays on full longer. Which has always been my reasoning on not fixing it. As long as I know where empty is it doesn't matter. I'm also off 5 MPH at highway speeds. The car reads slow which will have an effect on how many miles are logged so that could be part of it but not much. Theoretically, at 60 mph for 4 hours (2 down and 2 back) that would only be 20 miles off. The bottom line is I only got 250 miles out of that tank and while I drove spirited on the way back I certainly didn't on the way down. I should've gotten a good 75 - 100 miles more. I'll be researching this... I just thought of something. What if I'm actually not out of gas. Maybe my primary fuel pump (or something else) just happened to go out after I parked it.

Quick Reply: Mid Texas Meet