C4 ZR-1 Discussion General ZR-1 Corvette Discussion, LT5 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track

Temperature Control

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2003, 11:03 AM
SPQQKY ZR1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Temperature Control

Need some help from you guys.. Yesterday started the ZR1 and fan motor came on high speed. None of the buttons are working and the fan is blowing out hot air. Not good on a 85 degree day. LED shows - - - with no outside air temp. Any ideas??
Thanks Bob
Old 06-15-2003, 01:23 PM
White 68
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Re: Temperature Control (SPQQKY ZR1)

I would start with disconnecting the negative battery cable and waiting about five minutes and reconnect ....Sometimes the memory gets out of wack ? It fixed my Ac problem ....You can also check for fault codes by pressing down on both the up/down buttons at the same time ...when released it should read 00 .....press the fan button to see any saved codes ....if the ac light is blinking there is acode set......You can read read about this process on the ZR1net ..Good Luck :cheers:
On another issue my Ac would work great at speed then would turn warm when sitting at a light or idle;;;;;;I bought the manual fan switch from Mid America ...I can now control one or both fans or let the computer control the Fans ...three settings.....When I,m in stop and go traffic or idle I kick on both Fans and my Ac blows nice and cold ;;;;I guess it had to do with the ACcondenser getting tooo hot ....Fan switch was cheap 20 bucks shipped and install was easy.....

[Modified by White 68, 12:30 PM 6/15/2003]
Old 06-16-2003, 01:38 PM
SPQQKY ZR1
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Temperature Control (SPQQKY ZR1)

Thanks White 68...Tried that and still nothing. Pushed the up and down arrows and a 00 comes up but none of the lights on the buttons are lit. Fan speed is still on high and pumping ouit heat. Only thing I can do for now is disconnect the connector to the fan. Still looking for some ideas.. :confused:

Get notified of new replies

To Temperature Control

Quick Reply: Temperature Control