Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: SCCA/NASA C4 RACECAR! 2004 Buildup

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2005, 05:41 AM
DREGSZ
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS: SCCA/NASA C4 RACECAR! 2004 Buildup

This is an extremely custom build up, Full race C4 with good track history and podium 2004 finishes. Classes include SCCA ITE/SPO, NASA Super Unlimited and Vette Viper Challenge (VX), It is also a great car for Nevada/Texas Open Road Racing and could compete in World Land Speed Record, (Bonneville) Modified Gas Sports if you want to join the 200 MPH Club.

Link to many pic galleries in Sig

In 4 SCCA ITE races at Laguna Seca in 2004 finished as follows, First race on the buildup, 7th place, (ran in 5th but let 2 friends pass who were running for series points), 4th, 3rd, 2nd.
I am no great driver, this is a very capable car.

The frame/body started as a 1988 Z52. The build up began in Fall 2003 and the car started racing in Spring 2004.

I'll try to list as much as I can, (in no particular order), but feel free to email or post w questions on anything I left out.

Currently holds Annual NASA 2004 and SCCA Logbooks 2005 Annual Racetech

All custom fabrication was done by Blaine Fabrication in Sunnyvale, CA.

She has a custom 12 point Cage with NASCAR doorbars, Dash Bar, Crossed backstays, Passenger X bar w extra reinforcement, Custom Jacking points with jigs, Master switch on left corner, Fully Gusseted, etc, by Alan Blaine Fabrication. The welds are so nice they give you goose bumps to run your fingers over, (bring your own tissues=).

Kirky Intermediate Roadrace seat bracketed to cage, 2005 Autopower 6 pt. Cam Lock (w SCCA new 2005 tech) sub belt mount.
Quick release hub w Sweet MFG. flat 13" wheel w center pad.
I'm 6' tall, 250 lbs and can get in and out without taking off the steering wheel, my buddy is 6'4 and has no trouble fitting in the car.

Fresh Tremec TKO, 5 speed tranny with beefier Iron 3/4 internal shifter.
B&M shifter w hurst ball.

Custom Wilwood 1.75" 4 piston front calipers w 13" C5 rotors from Precision brakes, (my sponsor) w Wilwood H pads, rear LT1 calipers w H pads w ABS and new Delco front hubs w long wheel studs. Front bushings are Global West Delrin/Aluminum. Upper control arms are shimmed for -2.5* camber.
6 GM A Mold Wheels with 12+/- Goodyear GSCS 315 tires, Half life or better. (Do not email me for the wheels, I will not sell seperately)
Autometer tach, (speedo if you want it) and gauges mounted on cage dash bar. Wink 5 plate rear mirror.
New MagnaFlow Fuel pump w MagnaFlow regulator and all -8AN braided line.
New Optima "Blue" batterey located in box behind "passenger".

Lexan Front window (with 3 supports) and hatch, Hood has custom Harwood Scoop, detachable front carbon spliter, rear 5 Star/Custom NASCAR style 6" spoiler, C5-West Motorsports body kit w underbelly tray. Custom 4 lb roof panel, NACA front brake ducts.
Custom Radiator, (w hi flow Permacool electric fan) and 1.75" SS headers by Howe. Custom 4" oval SS exhaust with trackside interchangable 92db and 102 db Flowmaster Mufflers, Canton Billet remote oil filter on billet plate, Weaver drysump pump and Patterson 3 Gal. tank enclosed in custom Aluminum box with passive air venting exiting the rear, all -12AN braided line (of course). MSD 6AL box w pills.
Custom Front tow hook, rear tow cable

Suspension: Front: 30mm Solid front bar w Guldstrand drop bracket and solid endlinks, 1995 ZO7 spring (front and rear), Custom valved Bilstien shocks w "Corvette Challenge/Road America" (digressive) Valving, spare set of Koni SAs (Yellow/gold?) included. Rear 26mm solid bar w Guldstrand solid endlinks, and toe bar, DRM Camber bars and trailing arms w rod ends. Fresh polished half shafts.

Halon Bottle w nozzles on drivers nuts and motor.

I have put over $50,000 in this project over the last 2 years.

lost a valve guide and 7 pistons. The heads and pistons are toast.
The block probably only needs a hone, but figuere a .020" or .030" overbore to be safe.
Everything eles is included

for sale at $21,000.

Price lowered to $15k Cash, trailer also available
delivery can be worked out

2004 24" Pace American Shadow Trailer for sale with car of after car sale for $5000

Last edited by DREGSZ; 10-05-2005 at 04:05 AM.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:02 PM
abnormal_vetter
Racer

can we get some pics of the car?
Old 09-20-2005, 12:49 AM
DREGSZ
Melting Slicks

Click the link in my sig.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:04 AM
DREGSZ