Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

[TX] FS: 94 Black Rose Coupe

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2005, 10:57 PM
ReeceT
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default [TX] FS: 94 Black Rose Coupe

After babying this beautiful machine for the past 7+ years, I’ve noted how little I’ve driven it overall and I’d like to sell it to someone that will take advantage of it. Between mountain-biking and everything else, I always seem to be behind the wheel of my little import pickup instead of the car. After all, I couldn’t bring myself to put a bike-rack on the Vette! While I’ll be sad to see her go, her sale would free up room for more toys.

Basics:

’94 Black Rose Metallic 6-speed
63k miles, tan leather interior

Options include: FX-3 suspension, power driver and passenger sport seats w/ lumbar, Bose premium CD/cassette/stereo, Pass-key entry, Automatic climate control, and all the usual options (cruise control, ABS, ASR, side-rearview and rear-window defrost, etc). All of the gadgets work great.

Modifications from stock are a shop-installed front big-brake package and braided steel brake lines.

The car has been well maintained by a local Corvette shop. Water pump and Optispark only have 6k miles on them, fuel pump has 3k miles on it, and a new coil was put in 1k miles ago. Tires are low mileage and are good and sticky.

Runs great and is very clean. This is a weekend car with low yearly mileage in past 7+ years. Used but not abused.

Asking $11,000. E-mail: rthornton86@hotmail.com Please feel free to contact me with questions or comments or for phone number if you'd like to talk on the phone. Thanks for looking!

An online picture album full of recent pictures, all angles, is viewable at:
Interior, exterior, and engine bay pics

CARFAX info:

The story of this 1994 CHEVROLET CORVETTE (1G1YY22P5R5104235) according to our interpretation of the information reported to CARFAX:
This coupe has had 2 owners and was owned in Arizona. It was originally registered by the owner for personal use.
It has had no minor or moderate accidents reported to CARFAX.
It has had no DMV-reported total loss events, like a major accident, fire or flood.
It has not been reported by a DMV as having an Exceeds Mechanical Limits or Not Actual Mileage title.
It has a consistent mileage history with no indication of an odometer rollback. The last odometer reading, reported on 04/21/1998, was 36,553 miles.
It was not reported by a DMV as a Manufacturer Buyback or LEMON.

Production Code Breakdown:

(picture of the Service Parts Identification Label included in imageevent photo album)

AC1 Passenger 6-Way Power Seat Adjuster
AC3 Driver 6-Way Power Seat Adjuster
AK5 Driver and Passenger Front Seat Inflatable Restraint System
AQ9 Passenger/Driver Reclining Seat
BGR
CF7 Removable (nontransparent) Sun Roof
C68 Electronic Control Air Conditioning
DL8 LH/RH Heated Sport Mirrors
FE1 Soft Ride Suspension
FE9 Federal Emission Certificate
FX3 Electronic Ride and Handling
GM3 3.45 Ratio Rear Axle
IL3
JL9 Antilock Front & Rear Disc Brakes
KG9 140 Amp Generator
LT1 8-Cylinder, 5.7L (VIN P) Engine
ML9 ZF 6-Speed Manual Transmission
MN6
NA5 Federal Emission System
NK4 Sport Leather Steering Wheel
QB6 17x8.5 Front and 17x9.5 Rear Aluminum Styled Wheel
R7A
R7R
UXO Dual Floor Sill and Dual Extended Range Delco/Bose Speaker System
U1F AM/FM Stereo, Seek/Scan, Auto Reverse Music Search Cassette, CD, HPS, Clock, and ETR Radio
U52 Electronic Instrument Cluster
U75 Power Antenna
V73
XAA Front Tire (P255/45ZR17)
YAA Rear Tier (P285/40ZR17)
15I Light Gray Interior Trim
143 Light Gray Leather Trim
73U Black Rose Metallic Exterior Color

Last edited by ReeceT; 11-21-2005 at 11:34 AM.
Old 10-23-2005, 07:48 PM
Gonzo
Le Mans Master

Received 152 Likes on 117 Posts

Vey nice
Old 10-23-2005, 09:38 PM
MassaRusty
Racer

Are there any scratches on the paint anywhere? There were a lot of pictures, but some were hard to tell. How would you rate the paint. Also I have never seen this color up close, so how purple does it look in the sunlight?

Very nice looking car.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:00 PM
ReeceT
6th Gear

Thanks for the compliments! I think it's gorgeous.

There aren't any scratches on the paint, but there are a couple of swirls on the back deck around the fuel filler. She cleans up very well indeed, but it'd need to be run over with a polisher before being ready for judges. The worst defects in the paint are the three chips visibile in pic #19 in the album, and a couple more like them on the nose of the car. (http://imageevent.com/rthornton/vett...=0&w=4&s=0&z=2)

The color has a weird behavior in the light that's probably due to a bit of a 'fleck' effect that's in it. There's no question that in bright direct sunlight it's color is best described as 'purply', IMO. I believe that the best pictures that show this in the album are pics# 33 and # 60. The angle plays a big role of course, in that the sun's coming almost directly down on it in shot #37 and yet it looks fairly dark (you can also see my smudgy handprints on the sqeeky-clean car in several places on the nose, dagnabbit! ).

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask any additional questions or let me know if you'd like me to do a better job clarifying anything at all. I appreciate it!
Old 10-25-2005, 01:22 PM
MassaRusty
Racer

pm sent
Old 10-25-2005, 02:16 PM
Chance
Team Owner

Location: I was a young troubadour when I rode in on a song, and I'll be an old troubadour when I'm gone.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '08

Originally Posted by Gonzo
Vey nice
Wow, gorgeous! Good luck with the sale.

When I get my '89 sold, I'll be looking for something this clean.

EDIT: I find it remarkable that you've been a member for more than 5 years, but this thread gas the only 2 posts you've ever made.
Old 10-25-2005, 05:06 PM
ReeceT
6th Gear

Thanks again guys!

I wanted to let people know that I've just replied to the PM's that I've received up to this point, so if I missed someone, please re-send and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

It's funny about the forum membership. When I first discovered this forum some time ago it was to research engine upgrades because I was considering swapping all kinds of bits and making some kind of fire-breathing tubo-screaming machine out of it and I wanted to access the site for various suggestions. I decided afterwards that when it came to 'streetability' I had doubts about performance upgrades and I also felt it had plenty of power on tap as-is. Way more than enough to get me in trouble (I'm reluctant to admit that I keep the traction control ON ). After that realization I kinda forgot about the forum as I started doing other things more. You shoulda seen the confused look on my face when the forum refused to let me register this past weekend because it already had an entry for that e-mail account. I work in the computer industry, register for tons of boards and forums, and it took me a minute to remember that I had an account here already.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:37 AM
MassaRusty
Racer

sent another pm
Old 10-26-2005, 10:52 AM
onedef92
Team Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII Veteran

Very nice car. If If were in the market, I'd pounce on it.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:27 PM
MassaRusty
Racer

Is this still for sale?
ttt for ya
Old 10-27-2005, 08:27 PM
MassaRusty
Racer

one more pm sent
Old 10-27-2005, 10:01 PM
ReeceT
6th Gear

Thanks for the continued interest! I've responded to all PM's that I know of, so if I haven't replied to someone, please re-send and I promise to get back to you with a reply.

Thanks!
Old 11-21-2005, 11:36 AM
ReeceT
6th Gear

Still on market.
Dropped asking price from $14k to $11,000.
Old 11-21-2005, 12:40 PM
vintagedrumjunky
Heel & Toe

Hello. I just sent you a PM.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:26 PM
midlifvetfev
Intermediate

Hi,
If your great looking corvette is still for sale, I am very interested in buying it.
As I live in South Carolina I would like to talk to you on the phone to see what we could arrange to complete a sale.

I am a first time buyer thats been researching and looking at corvettes for the last three months. Today we closed on our house so I have the money and your car meets all the criteria that I am looking for.
So if still for sale please respond and let us both have a happy holiday.

Keith Scheib/midlifvetfev

Last edited by midlifvetfev; 12-02-2005 at 10:25 PM.
Old 12-02-2005, 08:39 PM
ravenlunatic
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

you are going to make the best Christmas ever for someone. Good luck with your sale!
Old 12-02-2005, 09:05 PM
paperclerk101
Racer

Default wow

Wish I could take such nice pictures.

Very nice car, the color is awesome if you like that. I personally like emm all, with my least favorite Black (shows too many imperfections) but this is a sweet ride plus a stick. Would be a great pick up for anyone.

How many were made in this color? Just curious.

Dave

oops I don't like that mid 80's brown although I had 2 Brown Camaro's in my life.

Get notified of new replies

To [TX] FS: 94 Black Rose Coupe

Old 12-02-2005, 11:31 PM
unstable
4th Gear

Email was sent
Old 12-03-2005, 03:39 AM
Civis
Instructor

Really nice-looking car. My garage is full, but there are a few cars in this forum (and this is one of them) that look like such terrific deals that I'm halfway weighing the cost of renting a 10x20 storage unit (with a full-width door for rolling a car in and out). About $80 a month around here, not bad at all.

(I think they made 1,267 this color in 1994, if i read my black book correctly).
Old 12-03-2005, 07:41 PM
ReeceT
6th Gear

I want to thank everyone for the comments and replies. I've just finished responding to the e-mails sent to my hotmail account, so if you contacted me there and received no reply, please ping me again and I'll try to get back to you.

The photos were made using a 3.3 megapixel Olympus. I love these digital cameras. Even a nobody like me can take a half-way decent picture.

The Corvette is currently sold, pending funds. If the deal falls through for some reason, I'll contact those that have pinged me to see if they're still in the market.

Thanks again for the compliments, and Merry Christmas everyone!

Quick Reply: [TX] FS: 94 Black Rose Coupe