Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

FS: '86 w/ Larry Shinoda/Rick Mears Body Kit [FL]

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2007, 08:31 AM
ShinodaVette
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default FS: '86 w/ Larry Shinoda/Rick Mears Body Kit [FL]

ASKING $12,000 OBO

1986 Chevrolet Corvette with a rare Larry Shinoda/Rick Mears special edition body kit. This Corvette has recently undergone the Shinoda transformation and has many new parts, new interior, and fresh paint.

The vette has just been painted Daytona Sunset Metallic, a C6 Corvette factory color. The paint really shines and sparkles; the pics do not do the paint justice. The engine was rebuilt by a previous owner and is very strong. It has a set of flowmaster mufflers installed with C6 Corvette exhaust tips which look great and sound really mean. It has the 4+3 factory manual transmission and is a blast to drive.

It sits on new black ZR-1 style wheels (17x9.5 in front, 17x11 in the rear) and has new tires (Sumitomo 275/40ZR17 on front, 315/35ZR17 on rear). It has all new weather stripping, new carpet, new floor mats, new door panels, new speaker covers, new leather steering wheel and horn button, new shift ****, and more. The factory radio has been replaced with an Alpine in dash CD player. The seats have been dyed black but could use new seat covers. Other than the seat covers the interior is all new.

It has new brakes, new master cylinder, and new stainless steel brake lines. It has too many new parts under the hood to list; pictures are included below! The odometer reads 148,000 miles. As mentioned the engine was rebuilt by a previous owner and runs strong. A BBK 52mm throttle body has been added along with a strong cam and a set of full roller rockers. The transmission and overdrive unit were also rebuilt by a previous owner.

This is a very rare body kit and this one looks fantastic. There are several threads here on the forum and in the archives that will give you more information on the body kit if you aren't familiar with it. Please feel free to contact me with additional questions. I am posting this for my next door neighbor and his son who currently own the Corvette. They have done all of the recent work on the car. However, I previously owned this car and have watched it progress into what it is today. I had one too many projects and my neighbor and his son were looking for a new project. You can also reach Mason, the current owner, at 863-698-5802. If you live near the Lakeland, Florida area, feel free to make an appointment to come by and see this car first hand. The asking price is $12,000 OBO. Call Mason at the number listed if you are interested in talking about price.

You can find a lot more pictures at my website: http://www.shinodavette.com

Last edited by ShinodaVette; 04-30-2007 at 06:28 PM.
Old 04-05-2007, 11:53 AM
Walt71
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OMG! What a beautiful car! So sad to say I just bought a new ride. Always wanted to get one of the Shinoda cars. IMHO, Larry designed it the way Chevy should have. You should have no trouble selling it - great price for a fantastic car! Walt71
Old 04-06-2007, 01:36 PM
ShinodaVette
Drifting

Originally Posted by Walt71
OMG! What a beautiful car! So sad to say I just bought a new ride. Always wanted to get one of the Shinoda cars. IMHO, Larry designed it the way Chevy should have. You should have no trouble selling it - great price for a fantastic car! Walt71
Thanks! I wish I could take credit for the finished product buy my neighbor did all the work. I love the Shinoda body kit and this one turned out really nice. If I didn't have two other projects in the works I'd probably buy it back from him.
Old 04-06-2007, 07:42 PM
corvetteronw
Race Director

Support Corvetteforum!

Received 247 Likes on 200 Posts
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VIII
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Wow! I like it! This should not last long. You can make money on this one at Barrett Jackson I'll wager.
Old 04-06-2007, 08:46 PM
redvette6spd
Safety Car

I am not a fan of body kits until this. I have never seen one of these damn it look great.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:04 PM
ShinodaVette
Drifting

^^^
Old 04-27-2007, 02:19 PM
ShinodaVette
Drifting

^^^ One more to the top. Somebody needs a nice vette!
Old 05-13-2007, 02:59 PM
ShinodaVette
Drifting

TTT for the last time here at CF. Thanks guys.

Get notified of new replies

To FS: '86 w/ Larry Shinoda/Rick Mears Body Kit [FL]

Quick Reply: FS: '86 w/ Larry Shinoda/Rick Mears Body Kit [FL]