Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

Feeler: 92 Teal Coupe 550HP

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 02:41 PM
Stevesvt
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feeler: 92 Teal Coupe 550HP

Just wanted to put out a feeler for selling my 92 coupe...many of u may know the car as it was previously owned and built by another corvetteforum.com owner, 550hp or his real name, Joel. Nothing has really changed with the car since purchased late last summer...a few thousand more miles but that's about it....I'd like to fix a few things on it....small stuff like the pass. mirror glass is broke...stuff like that....anyway I hate when people don't put a price on a car or house ot boat or whatever so I will put a price and I am open to trades, in fact I really need a good everyday driver car, I can get another toy later : 14K OBO and I have some new stuff that I can keep or give with the car, some new tires and other stuff....thanks...Oh, yes I hijacked Joel's original FS post b/c there's so much to list. My email is stevesms@bellsouth.net
Most everything listed as modifications are anywhere from 3 years old to NEW. The car had 82,000 miles when I bought it mostly stock, from a private seller in Ft. Lauderdale, FL (off Autotrader.com). I started modifying it around 98,000 miles, and it currently has 104,500 miles.
The engine and clutch disc have less than 3,000 miles on them, the remaining drivetrain mods are a couple years old, but still very few miles. The car was 1/8th mile drag raced a few times with the old 350 engine. The car was recently road raced 1 day, pretty much as it sits right now, and the new engine ran great! It could use a little more front brakes for serious road racing, though.
I built the car for street and highway driving, and occasional racing (for fun, not competitively). Highway fuel economy is surprisingly good, but I have yet to check the math. It is an excellent highway/open road car, and can be driven anywhere. It has mostly been driven on the street (even in the rain) since the 383 install, and will idle around my 'small' town in stop and go traffic. In my town, I swear they stagger the lights on purpose, as you can't drive two blocks without hitting a redlight--AAARRGH!!
I have tons of mods to list, so I will list them as REPLYS. Pictures of the car and engine build-up will come later. All questions will be answered TRUTHFULLY, in this listing or as PMs, I don't care which. I will gladly divulge any specs, prices, and procedures performed. So I welcome specific/technical questions related to the car in any way.

Car is '92 Aqua Metallic (more blue than green). Top of 'targa band' is faded some. Front and rear bumper covers are slightly discolored (remember its a FL car). From 15 feet away, or at night, none of this is noticeable. It has very few typical rock chips, but there is a couple small cracks just below the pass. side mirror (previous owner's wife bumped it gently). Also, a small B-B sized chip below the driver's window. I will try to get pics of these spots soon. Car has never been damaged or repainted. All glass is original, driver's window has been scratched by the support inside the door (in that 1 inch typical area up and down). Windshield is nice, one small chip in the middle. Hatch glass has been recently tinted (professionally), fairly dark. Both side windows were tinted years ago, so they need redone. I rarely remove the targa top, so as far as I know the weatherstripping is holding up well. Top is body color, still nice and not faded at all.
The interior is camel/tan. The driver's seat has typical wear and tear on it. Passenger seat is pretty nice yet. Carpet is fair, with typical wear on driver's side. Both front/lower speaker carpet covers have some noticeable wear. Rear carpet velcro is coming loose, so it is drooping right now. It is just the STD interior, only has power driver's seat, manual pass. seat. Console lid still shuts, but has typical curled edges. Floormats don't appear to be cracked or falling apart. Everything works except for the rear defrost and cig lighter. Power locks are getting a little slow and 'sticky'. Hatch pops good and stays open. Bose CD head unit was repaired/rebuilt before I bought the car, but now the rear speakers/amps are not always working. I unhooked the power antenna because our radio stations in Iowa just plain SUCK!

Car has STD brakes and suspension, not a Z51 or Z07. But they have been modded/improved, so read on. ASR still functional, LOW OIL light not functional (unplugged--nonstock oil pan).
All of the car's original equipment (that I still have) will be included. EGR stuff, emissions pieces, stock airbox, spare tire stuff, 3.45 gears, etc. (and some extra Opti parts, too).
Engine and exhaust have around $10,000 invested in them.

'92 Corvette 4 bolt block, bored .030", decked to 9.00", clearanced for 4.00" stroke and big rods. Front oil galleys tapped for NPT plugs, rear main cap's oil pump passage deburred and ported for improved, consistant oil flow.
Scat Superlight forged crank, 3.75" stroke, STD/STD, 5.7" counterweights (less crank deflection and windage), external or internal balance, one piece rear main seal, only 45 lbs! 'Aero package' with pendulum cut counterweights, knife edged with totally smoothed and dressed surface (sheds oil for less windage). $1200 !!
Internally balanced with added mallory metal, then repolished. $600 !!
5.85" forged Manley Sportsmaster LW rods (approx. 580 grams).
Diamond Forged Pistons, custom dish and comp. height for 11.5:1 comp. and 5.85" rod (approx. 480 grams).
Clevite 77 'H' bearings, STD/STD.
King's cam bearings.
ARP 4 bolt main studs, pump stud, and pump drive.
Melling hi volume, STD press. oil pump.
Speed Pro moly rings (NOT the cheap ones), gapped for nitrous.
TPIS 7 qt Canton style oil pan, stock style pickup. Full louvered windage tray (raised for 3.75" stroke).
LT4 heads with LW LT4 valves, ported by TPIS (290/195cfm @ .600"). Titanium retainers, Lunati springs for street solid roller cam, 7/16 rocker studs.
LT4 intake, ported with internal obstructions removed and epoxied.
TPIS/Cam Motions solid roller, 242/242 @ .050", .609"/.609" with 1.6s, 112 LSA, installed 2.5 degrees advanced.
Cloyes double roller chain (NOT the cheap one).
TPIS pop-up LW roller lifters.
Comp Cams Pro Magnum Roller Rockers, 1.6/1.6 ratios.
Comp Cams 7.950" pushrods.
Isky adjustable guideplates.
Manley 6pt headbolts.
TPIS 58mm billet throttle body. No water passage.
ATI Damper/pulley. Not underdriven.
Fel Pro .039" headgaskets (NOT the cheap ones).
Meziere HV Elec. Water Pump. Wired to relay with idiot light.
Stamped steel GM valvecovers with breathers.

The car has a full 3 inch dual exhaust system, aluminized mandrel bent tubing, Magnaflow 'X' pipe and Wide Open Mufflers with dual oval tips (all stainless steel). This exhaust is pretty loud, but not obnoxious. Some resonance at certain speeds and RPMs, but still pleasant at higher highway speeds. Obviously NOT emissions legal.

TPIS full length 1 3/4" ceramic coated headers, with LT1 EGR fittings (currently blocked off), 3 inch collectors.
Bosch heated O2 sensors.
30 lb SVO injectors, flowed and staggered for batch fire tendencies.
Bosch intank HV fuel pump.
Adj. fuel press. regulator and underhood (or windshield) guage.
'95 vented opti spark conversion. NEW opti with MSD cap and rotor.
MSD 6A with adapter harness.
Full size hi output coil.
Autometer 8,000 RPM tach mounted far left of dash next to windshield pillar.
TPIS reverse ram air filter housing and foam filter.
TPIS spark plug wires.
NEW NGK Iridium spark plugs, cut back and gapped .035".
NEW ICM (ign. module).
Original '92 ECM with TPIS Magnum V PROM/chip, tuned for WOT, 7500 RPM, and pump gas driveability.
Alternator just rebuilt with stronger housing.
NEW Interstate battery.
NEW GM knock sensors.

Original '92 Black Tag ZF6. NEW Castrol/BMW synthetic fluid.
SPEC aluminum flywheel, 12.5 lbs, zero/neutral balanced.
SPEC Valeo pressure plate for Stage II or III.
NEW SPEC Stage III 'Street" clutch. 1/2 Kevlar, 1/2 cintered pucks, with sprung hub.
Hurst shifter, stock ****.
'92 Dana 44. Rebuilt with Yukon 4.10 gears, added drainplug between exhaust pipes and provision for temp guage. Redline synthetic lube.
Haibeck nylon speedo gear for 4.10 gears and 25.7" tires.
NEW Spicer HD U-joints in stock aluminum driveshaft.

Replica ZR-1 wheels, 9.5x17 and 11x17, silver painted. Never weighted on outer rim. GM lugs and locks, with silver caps. Excellent condition, no bumps, scrapes, or scratches.
Front tires- NEW Nitto 275/40/17 RII (DOT legal road racing).
Rear tires- Nitto 315/35/17 Drag Radials (20 to 25 PSI on the street). Just enough tire for the car, still plenty of miles left on them.
Bilstein shocks, Z51 replacements.
All bushings, except front 'A' arm's, replaced with Energy Suspension polyurethane.
Stock 'base car' sway bars with the above bushings.
Stock 'base car' car springs, rear lowered approx. 1 inch.
Doug Rippie rear control arm mounts that spread each pair farther apart to keep the trailing arm from rocking during suspension travel.
Doug Rippie strut rod mount that lowers the inside pivot point of the strut rods so they don't pull in the bottom of the tire during suspension travel, and plants the tires closer to level when the rear of the car squats under hard acceleration.
Car is aligned with a small amount of negative camber, front and rear, for aggressive street driving.

Powerstop drilled rotors, 'base car' 12" fronts, with their aggressive street pads. Stock sized rears, drilled rotors with their same pads.
'92 PBR aluminum calipers, all painted to match body color.

Last edited by Stevesvt; 06-25-2007 at 05:05 PM.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:59 PM
88BlackZ-51
Race Director

Received 41 Likes on 26 Posts

You should upload pics.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Stevesvt
Advanced

Not good at that kind of stuff...give me some pointers and I can have some tonight....I believe all the pics are on my home computer and right now I'm at work...
Old 06-26-2007, 09:32 AM
Stevesvt
Advanced

I found all the pics last night on my home ECU...so I can email them but I don't know how to upload on to the post or if I can do that....and remember this is a feeler ad, anybody can shoot me any kind of offer without me getting offended....
Old 06-26-2007, 01:06 PM
zampano
Racer

St. Jude Donor '08

never mind, found the price

I do remember this car, but dont remember what it looks like, so would love to see pics again, if you email them to me dpuchot@amerexenergy.com I will post them

Last edited by zampano; 06-26-2007 at 01:13 PM.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Stevesvt
Advanced

Will do....thanks
Old 06-26-2007, 11:37 PM
zampano
Racer

St. Jude Donor '08

Default pictures

alright that should do it.... you sure you dont wanna get rid of the rustang and keep the vette??

hold on, forgot to remove the plates
Old 06-26-2007, 11:42 PM
zampano
Racer

St. Jude Donor '08

Last edited by zampano; 06-26-2007 at 11:45 PM.
Old 06-27-2007, 02:58 AM
cv67
Team Owner

Received 3,043 Likes on 2,602 Posts
St. Jude Donor '05

For someone looking for a clean street killer thats a lot of car for the money, the hard work is already done.. Nice color.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:31 AM
Stevesvt
Advanced

Thanks for the kind words...I don't know if I should keep it or what...I just get tired of cars and want some thing new....BUT i did take it out Saturday and sure would miss all that power!! Trades, anyone??
Old 07-01-2007, 12:49 PM
redvette6spd
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Stevesvt
Thanks for the kind words...I don't know if I should keep it or what...I just get tired of cars and want some thing new....BUT i did take it out Saturday and sure would miss all that power!! Trades, anyone??
That's a nice car don't let it go you could have a lot of fun with C5 & C6's
Old 07-02-2007, 09:10 AM
loflite
Drifting

Received 55 Likes on 28 Posts

Nice car. Hang on to it if you can. I traded my '95 DRM400 aqua vert. and sure do miss it. Love the new '07 vert. alot but not sure I would do the trade again. Had to give the '95 away because of time of year and everybody is afraid of a modified car. The C6 was in my blood and I didn't need two cars so I traded.
Old 07-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Stevesvt
Advanced

Trades?
Old 07-10-2007, 10:16 AM
Stevesvt
Advanced

Will trade for boats/jet skis/cars/trucks/ex-wives
Old 07-10-2007, 10:36 AM
DaleD
Drifting

Originally Posted by Stevesvt
Will trade for boats/jet skis/cars/trucks/ex-wives
Ok, you talked me into it. I'll trade you my wife for the car. I'll even make her my ex.
Old 07-10-2007, 12:15 PM
Stevesvt
Advanced

Post pics first.
Old 07-10-2007, 01:10 PM
Pro-Mo
Intermediate

I to am at work and on my phone.
Just thought Id see if you were interested in my camaro. I have lots of pics I can send you later this evening. Its a low milage (47000) camaro V6. It has show quality tangerine paint. Im the painter so its done right. There is a pic in the other thread of someone selling their 92 ,VR something is his name...
If your not interested no offense will be taken, Ill never know if I dont ask.

Get notified of new replies

To Feeler: 92 Teal Coupe 550HP

Old 07-10-2007, 05:29 PM
Pro-Mo
Intermediate

Ok Im at home now, I wont hijack your thread with a bunch of pics, just a couple. If you are indeed interested I have plenty more.
Car has...
New wheels
new tires
new shocks
new struts
new springs Intrax. 1.5" drop in back and 2.0" drop in the rear
Interior is clean and well kept
Again the paint is show quality Tangerine Candy with PPG clear.
New fenders.

Old 07-17-2007, 01:07 PM
Stevesvt
Advanced

13k Obo.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:23 PM
500hp
Burning Brakes

Location: It's more of a 'town'. Iowa (we make E85 here--Oh yes, you are welcome!)

A local friend of mine told me he saw this on the Forum, so I thought I would chime in. I haven't talked with Steve in quite awhile, so I have nothing to gain here, or any underlying motives. I can only assume the car is mostly set-up the way I sold it to Steve.
I have yet to ride in anything that can compare to this car. I currently have a 2001 Z06 with a big cam, LT headers, and the typical bolt-ons. My Z06 makes 433 RWHP/400 RWTQ, which means it comes close, but just doesn't have that violent, ripping instant power that the '92 had (has). I am actually trying to model my Z06's powerband after the '92 because I remember it making tons of useable power, for what seemed like forever (7,000 RPM plus++). For me, this will ultimately require a larger engine, built to make almost 600 HP (if I want to keep my mild 3.42 rear gearing).
Anyway, to keep this short, I figure I had over $10,000 JUST in the engine, alone. And I am sure I had spent over $30,000 on this '92 during the time I owned it. This car was, simply, built to be driven!

Quick Reply: Feeler: 92 Teal Coupe 550HP