Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

I need a new engine....

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2007, 12:25 AM
bconlon
7th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need a new engine....

I have a 90 Vette that is bored and stroked to 412. It also has a Lingenfelter intake and a Paxton SN89 supercharger. I have been having issues with the emissions.

However, some idiot at the emissions place over-revved the engine and it blew up and caught fire. It was leaned out (so it would pass emissions) so much that it could not take any boost at high RPM's without major problems.

So now I need a new engine. Any ideas how much this will cost. The emissions place is responsible for the damage. Anyone out there with a L98 crate engine? I don't know if there was a L98 engine in there. Is it possible to bore and stroke the L98 to 412 cu. in.?

Thanks for your help.
Old 09-30-2007, 10:46 AM
johnwayne
Racer

Originally Posted by bconlon
I have a 90 Vette that is bored and stroked to 412. It also has a Lingenfelter intake and a Paxton SN89 supercharger. I have been having issues with the emissions.

However, some idiot at the emissions place over-revved the engine and it blew up and caught fire. It was leaned out (so it would pass emissions) so much that it could not take any boost at high RPM's without major problems.

So now I need a new engine. Any ideas how much this will cost. The emissions place is responsible for the damage. Anyone out there with a L98 crate engine? I don't know if there was a L98 engine in there. Is it possible to bore and stroke the L98 to 412 cu. in.?

Thanks for your help.
You should do the zz4 crate motor. Or the zz383
Old 09-30-2007, 07:01 PM
Brett Richmond
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

How in the world did this happen and did you KILL the person that did it?? If you have a bored and stroked motor, I would have a new bored and stroked motor. Do you have receipts for the work that was done and all the parts also?? I want to see how this turns out??
Old 09-30-2007, 08:04 PM
rocket4
Advanced

You gotta make them pay you for the cost of another engine and the install. Also any other damage that may have incured from the guy's blunder. Hope it works out or you.

Last edited by rocket4; 09-30-2007 at 08:06 PM.

Get notified of new replies

To I need a new engine....

Quick Reply: I need a new engine....