Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

1986 Red Vette $5300

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2009, 05:18 PM
rithsleeper
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Default 1986 Red Vette $5300

I have rebuilt from heads up. car has little over 95K miles. Had valve job and cleaning done by dovers cylinder heads, all head gaskets, plenum, intake manifold. The injectors have less than 1K miles on them. New valve covers, spark plugs, wires, dist cap. This car starts right up, idles smooth at 600 rpms. Display is not wahsed out and works great. I have put a very nice sony stereo that is blue tooth compatible. The transmission shifts on a dime. This car is also equiped with sport suspension option, and has a lower gear ratio that lets it stay in its power band longer than the stock gear ratio. I have spent alot of time on this car and now I am about to move to sumter so I need it gone so I can put a bigger down payment on a house and I don't want to have to have it towed all the way down there cause I have many other cars.

Really the only thing that is wrong with the car is the AC was taken out by the last owner. It worked when it came out but I just don't want the hassel. All the vaccum lines for ac still work and have checked them and tested them. The PCM was just replaced by Williams corvette in Sumter. there is a rip in drivers seat on the side, rest of seat is perfect and so is passenger side. Also there is a paintchip just below passenger light. I have done fuel injector tests, cam lift tests, compression test, leak down tests and eveything was perfect. If you know anything about engines you know this means the engine is basically brand new. I have pics of the inside of the engine and there is not one speck of sludge. I couldn't believe it when I saw it really.

I can answer any other questions if you want to talk or come see it call Mike at (864) 542-6690. Or shoot me a PM and I will be happy to answer whatever you want. cylinder has great cross pattern on it.

I'm located in Spartanburg SC. I'm selling because of move, and I want to get a hold of a 6 speed.

The last pic is of rims on my 87 and i can let them go instead of the ones on it for another $400. the tires are not even a year old and less than 2K on them.

Old 06-29-2009, 12:13 PM
rithsleeper
Drifting

This is sad, one year ago this thing would be going for 6K easy and no one can even offer. I really would hate to sell this to some teenager that doesn't know a thing about cars and will wreck it in a month.

If someone wants to ship it I will go down to 4500 for you guys. Don't you think this would hit at least 5K on eaby?
Old 06-29-2009, 03:40 PM
flynn508
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great price, bump for you. Is it early or late 86, and is it 4+3? I just bought an 86 myself for $3500 and I think I need to rebuild the motor; wish I saw yours first!!
Old 06-30-2009, 05:47 PM
rithsleeper
Drifting

it is auto, shifts perfect. I'm not sure about early or late 86. The top is from my 87, and that is all I know that varies from early to late 86
Old 06-30-2009, 10:20 PM
Raidmagic
Melting Slicks

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by rithsleeper
it is auto, shifts perfect. I'm not sure about early or late 86. The top is from my 87, and that is all I know that varies from early to late 86
You have perimenter bolt valve covers and iron heads. that's an early 86

Get notified of new replies

To 1986 Red Vette $5300

Quick Reply: 1986 Red Vette $5300