Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

95 Corvette FS/FT

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 10:01 PM
LTxDave
Safety Car

Received 56 Likes on 50 Posts

Default 95 Corvette FS/FT

UPDATE and PRICE DROP: $5500 for the car. It has recently developed oil leaks that appear to be at the front and rear main seals. I will trade or part trade for a 4wd GM truck--prefer 3/4 or 1 ton.

White with tan interior and automatic transmission. approximately 230k miles. I am the second owner and have owned it since 220k miles. The original owner drove it daily for years until running it hot and blowing the head gasket. It was purchased with a blown head gasket at 220k miles.

Engine/Transmission

The engine was rebuilt with stock pistons, rods, crank, new rings, rod, main, and cam bearings. New timing chain, pushrods, water pump drive, water pump, plug wires, and optispark. Replaced all water and heater hoses (bypassed the throttlebody). Transmission filter and fluid change performed at the time of the engine rebuild.

Runs/drives great. Transmission weeps a little oil through the speed sensor. It appears that the torque converter is not locking up. Driving it, I cannot tell a difference other than the mileage is less than what other people say they are getting and you can hear the converter try to engage around 60 mph. I average 22-23 MPG on the interstate and high teens in town. It has the 3.07 gear performance axle.

Brakes/chassis

Low miles on cross-drilled GM Performance rotors, pads, and KYB gas shocks.

Exterior

All passenger compartment weatherstripping has been recently replaced.

Paint looks well from a few feet back as the white does not show imperfections very easy. The front bumper paint is cracked and could use repainting. The clear at the leading edge of the hood is beginning to come off, but the remainder of the paint is in ‘good’ shape for the year and mileage.

The black wheels in the photos do not come with the car. You will need to provide your own wheels and tires or for $500 more, I'll include a set of goodyear GSC's (275/315s) and you can bring a set of wheels.

The mufflers have been removed, so it sounds like a Corvette should without being overly loud (the center resonator and catalytic convertors are still in place).

Interior

Fat Mat installed on floors under seats and rear compartment. New ‘truvette’ carpet. Refinished console plate and dash plate by American Hydrocarbon in wood finish. Car originally had manual seats, but I converted to dual power seats. Both seats work well. The driver seat shows most wear. Headliner is sagging as well. It has manual air conditioning that heats and cools well. The factory stereo works, but I had planned on replacing it.

General

All electrical accessories work well and there are no service engine codes set. The car runs cool and drives smoothly. Its actually quieter/smoother than my 96 that has half the miles.

I have recently taken this car on an 800+ mile trip and would do so again even with the oil leaks.

Last edited by LTxDave; 03-20-2011 at 08:59 PM.
Old 07-15-2010, 11:00 PM
LTxDave
Safety Car

ttt
Old 08-13-2010, 09:38 PM
LTxDave
Safety Car

ttt
Old 08-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Leftoverture
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Price???
Old 08-14-2010, 08:21 AM
LTxDave
Safety Car

see above (and below)

Originally Posted by gsdave
I'm ready to sell as I just keep spending money and time on this thing making it nicer. I'm asking $7500 or reasonable offer. I can negotiate a few things and drop the price a bit or make you a package deal on some parts I have not installed. I will also consider trades for a non project car or truck.

These parts include: used magnaflow mufflers, new exotic muscle long tube headers, 846 cam, stainless full roller rockers, forged 383 crank, 6" rods, pistons, spare LT1 block, and probably other items I'm forgetting.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:00 PM
LTxDave
Safety Car

TTT for update and price drop to $5500. Ready to get this gone before I tear it apart and spend even MORE money on it.
Old 03-27-2011, 06:32 PM
LTxDave
Safety Car

last ttt?
Old 03-27-2011, 11:53 PM
Procrastination Racing
Le Mans Master

Received 250 Likes on 173 Posts

Originally Posted by gsdave
UPDATE and PRICE DROP: $5500 for the car. It has recently developed oil leaks that appear to be at the front and rear main seals. I will trade or part trade for a 4wd GM truck--prefer 3/4 or 1 ton.

Maybe we can talk. It isn't a 4wd, but it is a 1 ton. I don't know what you are looking for in a truck, newer, or what, but I figure it is worth talking.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:48 PM
LTxDave
Safety Car

Year wise, its about right. I'd really like an old crew cab 4x4 GM (75-87), but the older fords are acceptable too.

I really need a 4wd to use around the farm. 2wd is pretty useless when it comes to pulling up stumps and getting the tractor unstuck. Thanks for the offer though.
Old 04-15-2011, 05:33 PM
LTxDave
Safety Car

one more time up...
Old 04-18-2011, 09:24 PM
LTxDave
Safety Car

We'll add the option of a good v8 4dr sedan. Part trade up to $10k value.

Get notified of new replies

To 95 Corvette FS/FT

Quick Reply: 95 Corvette FS/FT