Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

F/S [CA] 1987 DRM Z52 A/T Coupe 7500.00

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2010, 01:21 AM
eguyett1985
Burning Brakes

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Default F/S [CA] 1987 DRM Z52 A/T Coupe 7500.00

SOLD-THANKS STEVE!

I now have an 87 Dark Red Metallic/Graphite Z52 coupe for sale. This car is in great shape with just over 125k on it. I have had the car in my shop for about the last year as an ongoing project. The previous owner is a longtime friend and ex business partner. Here's some of the options and features on this beauty:

Dark Red Metallic Exterior
Graphite Leather Interior
Both Tops
Power Driver and Passenger Seats
Electronic A/C-Heater Controls
Aftermarket CD/Cassette Sound System w/EQ and Amp
SLP Air Intake
TPIS 52MM Throttle Body (Bored & Rebushed by TPIS)
TPIS Large Tube Runners
TPIS Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator
Accel Base Manifold
1.6 Roller Tip Rockers
TPIS Prom
Hooker Long Tubes w/Flowmasters
Rebuilt Transmission w/Shift Kit & 200-300 Additional RPM Stall Converter
Dana 44 Rear w/3.08's
C5 Front Brake Conversion w/DRM Bias Spring
17x9.5 AFS Wheels

In the last year and last 200 miles at my shop we have performed the following maintenance and upgrades:
-Dana 44 conversion-From a 40k mile 86. We disassembled the rearend, checked out everything, replaced all of the seals and filled with Mobil 1 gear oil and GM posi additive. Installed the D44 driveshaft & replaced the driveshaft U-Joints with HD Spicer units.
-Rebuilt the entire front suspension including hot washing all the control arms, spindles and hardware. We removed all the front and rear inner fenderwells; stripped and repainted them and the chassis in satin black paint, replaced or refinished all the fasteners with correct ones, replaced all the upper and lower ball joints and tie rod ends with Moog products, replaced the front leaf with a low mile 84 Z51 leaf to stiffen up the front suspension, new front & rear Bilstein shocks, Energy Suspension control arm bushings, sway bar bushings, end link bushings, etc. Performance 4-wheel alignment with the Guldstrand specs I use on all of my C4's. All of the underneath has been throughly cleaned and detailed making this car a very nice driving car.
-Front C5 brake conversion with brand new GM calipers, abutment brackets, Raybestos premium rotors, Russell DOT stainless brake lines, custom stainless spacers for absolute correct placement on the rotors! Raybestos premium rear rotors, stripped and painted rear caliper brackets, new caliper hardware & seals, blasted & detailed rear calipers, Hawk HPS F&R brake pads, Doug Rippie Bias Spring and filled with Wilwood Hi-Temp DOT 4 brake fluid.
-New GM A/C Delco steering rack (correct Z51/Z52 quick ratio) with all new power steering hoses and GM P/S reservoir.
-New Lowering Kit w/ES Spring Bushings
-New Napa Select Battery w/Battery Tender Leads
-New GM secondary fan motor assembly, replaced relay, new correct wiring harness. Hypertech secondary fan switch, new GM sending unit. Filled with fresh Zerex Original Green coolant, distilled water, Redline Water Wetter, 180 degree stat, new GM coolant overflow reservoir, Napa upper and lower radiator hoses, and new GM oil cooler coolant hoses.
-Stripped and blasted the valve covers, and repainted them with VHT black wrinkle paint, new GM silicone valve cover gaskets.
-New front air dam with new GM correct center support.
-New AC Delco Fuel Pump & Strainer, TPIS adjustable fuel pressure regulator, Napa Gold fuel filter.
-Napa Gold Series lifetime starter
-Rebuilt Smog Pump
-Replaced all missing, and broken wiring and connectors with new genuine, correct, Packard Weatherpak connectors and correct Packard convo covering where needed.
-New MSD 8.5MM Black Super Conductor spark plug wires, Napa Gold Series Cap & Rotor, AC Delco spark plugs.

I'm certain that I'm forgetting some of the work that has been done in the last year but that covers the majority of it.
Here's what I can add; the car has been repainted and while it's not a hi-buck paint job and does have some minor blemishes and minor scratches here and there, it looks nice and has cleaned up well especially after I clay and Zaino it this weekend. During the valve cover refinishing and gasket replacement, we noted the valve springs and retainers appear to have been replaced and so had the valve seals as this car does not exhibit the typical blue smoke puff upon cold starts that we commonly see and correct in our shop frequently. The rear window is tinted and looks good, the sides are showing some age and will be freshly redone on Monday. The interior is extremely nice for a 125k mile car, I work on many, many C4's in my shop and for the age of this car it shows obvious care on the part of the previous owners. The seats are nice with above average condition and have been cleaned and conditioned, for their age they do exhibit the typical wear and cracking but again, they are fine as-is, you don't need to be ashamed of them and put covers on. The steering wheel is the correct fatty 86-89 wheel and is in way above average condition. The dash has a dash mat on it but the dash panel below it is in extremely nice condition with absolutely no cracks or bowing. The stereo sounds great and the power antenna works perfectly, I don't really care for the front speaker mounting in the doors, I think that could be improved asthetically speaking but it isn't a problem by any means, just cosmetic. The A/C works great, blows cold and the optional electronic controller functions all work fine. Cruise control, power windows, mirrors, and locks all work fine without a problem. The tires are Kumho 255/45/17's with about 30% tread remaining. When I finished the car I had a set of Gen II Dymags on the car with BFG 275/40/17's and that is what I set the cars' height up for so tires are something the new owner should consider in the near future in my opinion. The previous owner never intended to sell the car, and that is the reason we went to such great lengths on this project. He has fallen on hard times and the car was included in a recent business buy-out by me. I currently have two 85's and a 92 ZR-1 project taking up my extra time, money, and available shop space so this one must go! I'm asking 7500.00 and encourage anyone interested in a great C4 that drives beautifully to come and take a look at my car; you will not be disappointed. I can show you the car at my shop on the hoist and we can go over all of this in person. I just paid the registration and have the factory exhaust manifolds and front y-pipe which I can reinstall and I will smog the car for the new owner if you are in CA. I have been driving the car over the past week and it runs great!
Email or call me for more information 559-349-3570 PST. I am located in Fresno California.

Update-I had a chance to take some additional photos, also the car is now registered and currently tagged so it's good to go!

If you have any questions or would like to see the car in person let me know, thanks

Last edited by eguyett1985; 10-21-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:33 PM
bdw18_123
Drifting

Location: Prather, California -1990 ZR-1 White/Flame Red- -SOLD!!-
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys, I have seen this car in-person and the lucky person who buys this beauty will NOT be disappointed!!

I doubt you will find a cleaner, more mechanically sound car than this one anywhere for the price!
Old 09-23-2010, 03:07 PM
eguyett1985
Burning Brakes

Bump for new photos
Old 10-05-2010, 02:52 PM
eguyett1985
Burning Brakes

ttt

Get notified of new replies

To F/S [CA] 1987 DRM Z52 A/T Coupe 7500.00