Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

F/S or trade for C5; 92 C4 auto tran 160k mi black rose

Old 12-23-2010, 10:18 PM
DWC4
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default F/S or trade for C5; 92 C4 auto tran 160k mi black rose

1992 C4 165k miles 2nd owner, auto trans, black rose/beige interior; leather, power seats (but all the fancy functions dead, just forward/back work now), AC (works great!), BOSE am/fm/cd, glass top (in bad shape), painted top (never been on the car since '94, like new), newish Toyo tires, lots of new parts in it including Optispark just last year, starter, wheel bearings, water pump, etc.

I'm the second owner, bought it in '94 from a woman with 24k miles on it showroom condition. It's been a daily driver, and cosmetically it really needs some help but, a strong running, reliable, good mileage C4 with a LOT of new parts in it. I see a cherry 92 C4 here with 60K miles for $8K, mine is maybe worth half that? I don't know honestly.

Black rose like the C4 at the top of the forum page, beautiful when shined up but this ones needs at least 1/4th of it repainted, the rest is in very good shape (not show but nice enough to be proud of its looks) Beige interior.

So I'll say I"m asking $5K not very 'firm', definitely OBO.

I'm looking to buy an early C5, 2002 or so, low mileage, trade is definitely an option if you have one. I love this car and want another, this was my 4th vette (67, 73, 85 preceded it, this was the best one!)

Not garaged very often but, I live in Northern CA so it's not a harsh place; sun damage is its worst damage.

As I listed all this stuff below I realize, I need to trade this car not sell it, I'm going to get beat to death over the many issues this car has but again, it RUNS GREAT, sounds great, starts EVERY time, idles smoothly, gets 18mpg mixed city/hwy driving, can still average over 25mpg on the hwy (I drove 500 miles to Las Vegas in it, pretty fast - on one tank of gas, that was around 27mpg). It needs new plugs and plug wires probably and I bet it would pick up that extra 2 mpg again.

Appearance issues:
OUTSIDE
- front nose underside severely faded
- ding on the hood, like a mechanic maybe closed it with some tool sitting on the engine, not big, 1" sort of
- the whole left rear quarter panel is a mess, paint peeling on top and a bad glass repair job after a guy hit that panel years ago, you can see the poor workmanship pretty plainly
- the whole top rear area has seriously peeling paint
- the weatherstip that runs along the back of the windows and across is cracked and shot, I have the replacement, not installed yet
- weatherstripping is really all dried up and needs replaced
- passngr side headlight motor needs replaced or, might be a gear

INTERIOR
- driver seat leather seriously cracked, I have some sort of cheesy covers on the backs, and I have the bottom pieces but not installed

I should have the receipts and records for about everything ever done to this car, parts, etc.
Starter in the last year or so
New wheel bearings and rear u joints last year
New Optispark and water pump last year
New tires but they japanese off brand, ride nice though, maybe 5K miles on them max
It's due for new spark plugs, they were changed last along with wires around 80K
Two tops, 1 painted that is new condition, I never put it on the whole time I drove it; the tinted glass (plastic) top is really aged and crinkled looking

I'll post a series of very informative pics asap or if need be at some sister site, asap.
THANKS for your interest!

Last edited by DWC4; 12-26-2010 at 01:22 PM. Reason: update
Old 12-25-2010, 12:09 PM
ghoastrider1
Le Mans Master

Received 265 Likes on 240 Posts

automatic? opitions? milage?,ect.
Old 12-26-2010, 01:18 PM
DWC4
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default 160k mi, Auto tran

Originally Posted by ghoastrider1
automatic? opitions? milage?,ect.
that was in the subject line of my post but I will put in the main text plus options, I was expecting to finish this with some pics but it's been pouring here - thanks for the reminder.
DW

Get notified of new replies

To F/S or trade for C5; 92 C4 auto tran 160k mi black rose

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: F/S or trade for C5; 92 C4 auto tran 160k mi black rose