Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

1987 Corvette 91K miles, all stock, new tires. $4499 OHIO

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2012, 05:09 PM
85Magna
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1987 Corvette 91K miles, all stock, new tires. $4499 OHIO

1987 Corvette 91K miles, all stock, new tires. $4499

I bought this for a good price on Friday 1-20-2012. The previous owner was an older guy who traded a Harley Davidson for this car in 2009. He put the car in his wife’s name. He did not like it as much as he expected because it was a pain to get into an out of. He parked it in his garage. He only put about 1000 miles on it in two years. He stated that he knew he was taking a beating on selling it for what he did, but he wanted it out of his garage. I bought it, we had the title notarized into my name, and I had it brought to my place. I vacuumed it and I washed it. I did not do anything else to the car. Due to all of the snow and ice on the road, I did not drive the car for any distance however I have no reason to believe that anything is wrong with it.

The engine starts right up and sounds great. It has the stock exhaust on it. It sounds deep, but not obnoxious. It sounds like a V8 should. It does not have any exhaust leaks or rattles. The engine idles like it should, it does not smoke, or make any bad sounds. I’d rate the engine as a 10 out of 10 considering the miles on it. It has 91,000 miles on it. The car does not overheat—I had it running for at least an hour straight last night. The electric fan kicks on like it should when the temp gets to 220 degrees.

The body of the car does not have any damage. I did not see any dents, torn plastic, or damaged fiberglass. The paint is original. It is still shiny. It does have various chips in it. The only part about the exterior that I do not like is the rear spoiler. This was obviously added at some point by a previous owner and painted to match the rest of the car. I’m sure it matched at that time, but the paint is now faded on the spoiler. Personally, I think the spoiler looks stupid anyway. Even if the paint was still nice on the spoiler, I would remove it and sell it to a ricer…or go hang gliding with it…or simply throw it in the trash. If for some reason I don’t sell the car, I’m going to remove the spoiler and put body plugs in the mount holes. At the price that I’m selling this car for, I doubt it will come to that.

The interior of the car could use minor attention. The driver window motor barely moves. The passenger window motor mechanism is currently removed. The previous owner bought new (used from a junkyard actually) window motors for both side, started working on the passenger side and then parked it last year. At this time, the driver side door is still fully assembled. I have the door panel and all parts for the passenger side. The small headliner on the removable roof needs recovered. The carpet is faded in the rear hatch area due to the sun hitting it for 25 years. The seats show some wear, but they aren’t trashed by any means. Everything on the digital dash works. All of the gauges work. The wipers work. The heater & blower work. The AC will likely need re-charged. I did not try it. Assume it doesn’t work.

The battery was replaced in 2010 (still has the tag on it), but it did set dead for quite a while. I charged it last night and the car starts fine now---but when a battery sits dead for a long time it does shorten the life. Everything under the hood is very clean. The tires were replaced right before the previous owner bought it, and they look to be nearly new, and tires for a Corvette aren’t cheap.

I have a regular Monday-Friday job. I buy & sell cars, car parts, tractors, etc, on the side for additional income. I do not BS people when I describe the items that I’m selling. I believe in Karma. Treat people right, and you’ll probably be treated right in return. Screw someone over, and well---you probably will get yours sooner or later. Feel free to check my ebay feedback—it is perfect. My username is Roy61Deville.

With most cars that I buy, I have zero interest in keeping them---I only want to make a few bucks off of them & get rid of them. With this car it is a little different. I don’t have to sell it, and if it doesn’t sell for $4499, I’d have no issues in fixing a few issues with it and using it as a daily driver.

The title of this car is clear and was (legitimately) notarized yesterday afternoon. The notary checked our ID’s. I did not make it to the title office yesterday. If the car sells before Monday, we will have to wait until Monday to meet at the title office and get that taken care of. I work in the town of Cambridge (zip code 43725), so that is where you would have to meet me to get the title put into your name. This is a must, as I will not have someone driving around in a Corvette that is registered to me.

In summary, this is a good deal on a 25 year old Corvette. There are nicer ones out there, and they cost about twice as much as this one. This is certainly not a show car, but if you can find another Corvette that isn’t junk for less than $4500, I suggest you go and buy it. NADA values this car at $7200+ in daily driver condition.

Pictures: The pictures show exactly what the car looks like. All pictures of this car were taken in my driveway on Saturday 1-21-2012.

Price: The price of the car is 100% firm at $4499 cash. If you do not have $4499 cash, there is no need to contact me as we aren’t going to reach a deal.

Location: The car is located at my house in Philo, Ohio. Zip code 43771.

Will I hold it until you get your tax check, welfare check, or pending disability check? No. I will not hold the car for anyone or consider it sold until I receive a deposit. Cash or paypal only. Essentially, he who pays first wins.

Thanks,
Roy

Ugly-*** spoiler…

Old 01-22-2012, 08:28 PM
DA1984VETTE
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 57 Posts

Nice looking 87..except for the spoiler. Good Luck with the sale...
Old 01-22-2012, 08:33 PM
85Magna
3rd Gear

Originally Posted by DA1984VETTE
I agree.

Thanks,
Roy
Old 01-22-2012, 09:06 PM
Mike Terry
Le Mans Master

Received 270 Likes on 202 Posts

How about just......GLWS?...
Old 01-22-2012, 09:31 PM
brian_ndms
Instructor

Now see I like the spoiler. This is one nice looking Vette. I wish I had the funds, I would definitely buy this one. GLWS. Great looking car.
Old 01-22-2012, 10:34 PM
kenv
Le Mans Master

Location: levittown pa. usa Even a bad day with my `Vette, is better than a good day at work
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
St. Jude Donor '10

Originally Posted by Mike Terry
How about just......GLWS?...
Old 01-23-2012, 08:11 PM
DA1984VETTE
Drifting

Received 62 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by DA1984VETTE
I guess I forgot to add I agreed with him on the spoiler.

Post from the seller: Personally, I think the spoiler looks stupid anyway.
Old 01-24-2012, 06:58 AM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 700 Likes on 589 Posts

first of all, GLWS -- seems like a nice enough car at a decent price.

from your original thread, it sounds like you are into buying and selling cars. are you some sort of dealer? BTW, fill out your profile - first post -- selling a car -- ???
Old 01-24-2012, 10:26 AM
Frizlefrak
Race Director

Received 23 Likes on 13 Posts

That's one hell of a nice Corvette for the money. GLWS
Old 01-26-2012, 09:29 PM
tnz5106
Burning Brakes

Default Have questions

I sent you a PM 3 days ago about the car. If you want to sell a car on the forum, you need to respond to peoples request's......:

Last edited by tnz5106; 01-26-2012 at 09:33 PM. Reason: add smiles
Old 01-27-2012, 03:25 AM
Joe C
Race Director

Received 700 Likes on 589 Posts

Originally Posted by tnz5106
I sent you a PM 3 days ago about the car. If you want to sell a car on the forum, you need to respond to peoples request's......:
there are a lot of guys that pop-up here just to peddle a car, and you never see or hear from them again (dealers/non-corvette people). i did see the car on craigslist with a link to some off-road forum. search craigslist/zanesville ohio - there might be a phone number. the only reason i'd give this guy any help, is it looks like a decent enough car at a decent price, and to benefit an interested forum member. personally, i wish the forum webmasters would set up the "for sale" section so you would have to have a minimum number of posts and your profile filled out before you can sell anything!

Last edited by Joe C; 01-27-2012 at 03:40 AM.
Old 01-27-2012, 06:59 PM
Overboost
Racer

Location: Flint Michigan, #2 in unemployment, #3 in Violent crimes

well, he is a mod on that forum, but still no listing for a phone number of any sort.

says he has received a $300 deposit on it and considers it sold by this weekend
Old 01-27-2012, 09:11 PM
mazdaverx7
Le Mans Master

Received 558 Likes on 399 Posts

if the car was a 4+3, it would've been in my garage the first time i saw it listed for sale. other than the auto trans and that rear wing, the car is exactly what i'm looking for in a second C4!
Old 02-14-2012, 03:36 PM
85Magna
3rd Gear

Sorry for confusion guys. I don't know how I missed the old PM. I received a PM today and realized that I didn't update this thread. I sold it to the first guy that looked at it a couple days after I posted it. He was a local buyer.

Someone asked if I was a dealer--no. I have a regular Monday-Friday job at an office. For years I have occasionally bought & resold cars, tractors, ATV's, etc if I found a good deal on them. I've done that for years. I recently got divorced, and have picked up the pace on buying/selling stuff on the side.

I'm assure you that I'm not a "fly by night" kinda guy. I was president of Ohio's largest/most organized 4x4 club in the past. I've had well over 80 cars/trucks in my day, but this was the first Corvette. I'm sure I'll have another one at some point. If anyone is curious about my reputation as a seller, feel free to check my ebay feedback. My user name is Roy61deville.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...k&myworld=true

I bought the Corvette for a very good price ($2800) & put it for sale at a good price. I was 99% sure that someone would buy it quick for $4499, and if I could not get that out of it, I was going to drive it back & forth to work. It was a cool car for a cheap price. The guy that bought it from me planned to fix a few things on it, drive it a while and he was confident that he could make $$ off of it when he sold it. Most everything I put for sale goes quick because I put a good price on it.

Again, sorry for the poor response time on the PM. I must have inadvertently deleted the email notification.

Roy

Get notified of new replies

To 1987 Corvette 91K miles, all stock, new tires. $4499 OHIO

Quick Reply: 1987 Corvette 91K miles, all stock, new tires. $4499 OHIO