Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

WTT: 1999 Grand Prix GTP for 92-96 C4 Pref 6spd

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2012, 07:52 PM
grendells1
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default WTT: 1999 Grand Prix GTP for 89-96 C4 Pref 6spd

Just like the title says I'm looking to trade my 1999 Pontiac Grand Prix GTP for a 89-96 C4 6spd I would consider autos but definitely not my first choice. I've wanted to own a C4 for quite a while now so I figured I'd take a chance and see if there's any interest.

I'm not looking for a show car with low miles. I'm looking for something that's higher in mileage and might have a few little things to fix but no major issues. Basically would like a C4 that's in similar condition to my Grand Prix. Here's the info on my car.

I will post a few pics in the thread but the rest can be found here

http://s407.photobucket.com/albums/p.../Grand%20Prix/

Edited to add that the car has a clean Autocheck. Will provide through email if requested

1999 Grand Prix GTP with 151k miles on the clock.
Have clean Florida title in hand
Supercharged 3.8L V6
Silvermist color
I'm not aware of any options the car doesn't have except the GTX package. Has Leather, PW, PL, AC, Power sunroof, Heads up display, Power drivers seat, Heated driver seat, Tint (appears to be around 18%), Has the bose sound system but has aftermarket pioneer bluetooth head unit. Everything on the car works as it should and it's very clean inside and out.

Extras on the car include 4 way adjustable KYB AGX struts and DNA lowering springs installed on all four corners less than 2000 miles ago. All strut mounts and bearings were replaced with new monroe parts at the same time struts and springs were installed ~$1000 worth of suspension parts. The ride with the struts is great. If you set the struts to the highest setting it's a stiff and sporty ride and it really handles great. If you want a smoother ride you can tone it down considerably and it will ride just like stock. Only performance mod on the car is a custom made cone filter intake.

Overall the car is extremely clean. I would rate the interior at a 9/10 you might think the back seats were never sat in. Front seats are in great shape too and show little wear and no rips. The exterior I would rate 8/10

The bad: Pics of the flaws are in the photobucket link
Exterior:
  • Clear coat is peeling on the spoiler, the paint looks good under the clear so just a light sand and re-clear might take care of it.
  • Has a fairly good sized scratch under the spoiler on the trunk lid (can be seen in pics)
  • Couple places of chipped paint on the front and rear bumpers
  • Has a black unpainted front license plate filler. It was missing when I bought the car and I ordered a new one and put it on be havent had it painted yet
  • Taillights have the typical condensation problem. Was going to upgrade to LED tails but havent had the extra cash yet
Interior:
  • Drivers side trim piece around door handle is cracked
  • Drivers side switch trim clips are broken off so it can be pulled out but it doesn't really pop out on it's own maybe 1/4"
  • Dash pad is peeling up a little bit right above where the gauge cluster is. It's an easy fix it just needs to be glued down and it will be good as new

Will include stock struts and springs with the trade as well as most of the factory air intake (had to butcher the lower half of the intake to make a mount for the PCM) Also have a pair of F-body front brake calipers that I was planning on installing.

I'm located in Central Florida but I am willing to drive a reasonable distance for the right trade.

***Most of the pics were taken before struts and springs were installed. The only pics with struts and springs on the car is the one of it in the driveway***

Edited to add 89-91 cars as well

Last edited by grendells1; 07-16-2012 at 05:44 PM.
Old 07-01-2012, 02:38 PM
grendells1
6th Gear

Bump
Old 07-16-2012, 05:45 PM
grendells1
6th Gear

Bump, After some more research now also willing to entertain 89-1991 cars as well. 89-91 must be a 6spd though
Old 08-12-2012, 05:45 PM
grendells1
6th Gear

bump
Old 08-12-2012, 09:26 PM
mazdaverx7
Le Mans Master

Received 558 Likes on 399 Posts

may be easier to sell the car outright and use the money you get to purchase a C4.
Old 08-13-2012, 07:25 AM
misscoman
Advanced

nice car.
Old 08-13-2012, 01:25 PM
grendells1
6th Gear

Thanks.

I thought about selling it and then looking for a C4 but the problem is the car is my daily driver and I cant be without a car for long.
Old 12-30-2012, 01:31 PM
ccandem
5th Gear

Default Trading my Vette...

Hi there. I just quickly looked at your car and though it is nice, it is not really what I am looking for and the miles are much higher too. I'm looking for something a bit different. But, thanks for the inquiry.

Get notified of new replies

To WTT: 1999 Grand Prix GTP for 92-96 C4 Pref 6spd

Quick Reply: WTT: 1999 Grand Prix GTP for 92-96 C4 Pref 6spd