Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

1991 L98 M6 - Columbus, OH

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2012, 09:12 AM
trackbird
Racer

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default 1991 L98 M6 - Columbus, OH

I am posting my red (w/black leather) '91 L98 with the 6 speed ZF gearbox for sale. The car has a 3.45 rear end and recently dyno'd at 227.18 RWHP and 316.78 ft lbs of torque (on 5/12/2012). It's stock with a stage II chip and 180 thermostat. Since I purchased the car I've added the J55 13" brakes, replaced the center console lid, sun visors, thermostat, all the AC lines/hoses, accumulator, orifice tube and o-rings, vacuumed and converted the system to R134. It runs great and is in good mechanical shape. I have both tops for the car (red/body color and tinted) and the seats are in better condition than most of the cars I looked at (the side bolsters aren't torn/destroyed). Eventually I was planning to put new leather on the seats, but it wasn't something that needed done right away. It has about 114,000 miles on it and I've been driving it almost daily. It has the usual issues, the radio doesn't work (I have a new one in the box from Crutchfield and 4 speakers I just haven't had time to install them, but I might sell it with the car if the buyer wants to add the stereo stuff in.), the weather stripping is shot (I have a weather stripping kit in a box from Ecklers...that I haven't had time to install) and a bunch of other stuff.

Asking $7250 (including the weather stripping but not the radio/speakers).

If someone wants a fun project, I have a spare set of sawblades, a spare ECM, spare half shafts, all new U-joints, a rebuild kit for the D44 limited slip (clutches and steels), a new in the box hurst shifter, a new in the box fidanza flywheel, a splayed main cap 353 (.020 over) with forged crank, lunati rods, new trick flow heads, (that just arrived this week), ATI aluminum balancer, new edelbrock water pump, new canton oil pan, new melling pump and canton pick up, a brand new TPIS mini ram (still in the box), 52mm throttle body, Stainless works long tube headers, comp cc305 cam, pro magnum roller rockers and a bunch of other stuff. I have a new set of ASP under drive pulleys, an MSD 6AL ignition (with 15 minutes of run time on it), MSD shift light, MSD starter (started the track car about 5-10 times when I got it all together...15 minutes of total engine run time on it), Z07 springs, a 32mm VBP front sway bar (should arrive any day) and a lots more stuff I'm forgetting...

I have about $10k in the engine (machine work and all), if you're interested in the whole package drop me a line and we'll talk.

I sold my track car and bought this to put my engine in...and I just don't have the time to put it all together so I am selling this one (and my Chevrolet C3500 pickup...anybody need a truck?) and going to buy a daily driver of some type for a while (or a C6).

Pics on request.

Thanks!

Kevin

trackbird (at) gmail dot com
Old 08-28-2012, 11:49 PM
l98tpi
Max G’s
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Bump for a mechanically sound C4 got any recent pics to post?
Old 08-29-2012, 08:20 PM
93Rubie
Safety Car

Received 185 Likes on 129 Posts

Willing to part with some of loose items?
If so, and they are true Z07 springs, I WILL take the front for sure (has to be FSK on the label) and the rear NYU as well.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:57 PM
trackbird
Racer

I can get some pics. Or, have your friend email me. I'm torn on selling it, but I'm leaning that way again. The AC is working, it has a new blower (AC) fan as of yesterday and a PVC in dash DVD player with iPod controls and bluetooth. New rear window weatherstripping is in place too. I would adjust the posted price for the additional parts (mostly the radio stuff).

The springs are NYU for the rear, it I had a different front listing (and I just went blank on what it is). I can take a look...I don't want to sell off much until I sell the car.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:28 PM
93Rubie
Safety Car

Received 185 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by trackbird
I can get some pics. Or, have your friend email me. I'm torn on selling it, but I'm leaning that way again. The AC is working, it has a new blower (AC) fan as of yesterday and a PVC in dash DVD player with iPod controls and bluetooth. New rear window weatherstripping is in place too. I would adjust the posted price for the additional parts (mostly the radio stuff).

The springs are NYU for the rear, it I had a different front listing (and I just went blank on what it is). I can take a look...I don't want to sell off much until I sell the car.
I understand, if you think of it. Take a look at the spring code. I would still be interested if you decide to let the parts go/sold the car. Thanks.
Old 11-01-2012, 10:17 PM
trackbird
Racer

I've decided to do the engine swap over the winter. It's in the garage and should be coming apart any day now. So, I guess I'll have a stock '91 TPI engine for sale soon (complete except the accessories...it has intake, throttle body, injectors, water pump, oil pan, complete long block, flywheel, manifolds/y pipe and full factory exhaust if wanted, etc). I've got a complete engine, headers, clutch/flywheel, intake, throttle body, oil pan, starter, etc...so I'm really planning to lift this one out and it's looking for a home.

Should be out in the next few weeks or so.

Thanks!
Old 11-09-2012, 10:50 PM
l98tpi
Max G’s
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I've decided to do the engine swap over the winter. It's in the garage and should be coming apart any day now. So, I guess I'll have a stock '91 TPI engine for sale soon (complete except the accessories...it has intake, throttle body, injectors, water pump, oil pan, complete long block, flywheel, manifolds/y pipe and full factory exhaust if wanted, etc). I've got a complete engine, headers, clutch/flywheel, intake, throttle body, oil pan, starter, etc...so I'm really planning to lift this one out and it's looking for a home.

Should be out in the next few weeks or so.

Thanks!
How much for the complete engine?
Old 11-10-2012, 01:33 AM
trackbird
Racer

Originally Posted by l98tpi
How much for the complete engine?
Let me get it out and see what condition it's in. It dynod 227 HP/316 ft lbs in march.
Old 12-01-2012, 07:04 PM
Mace
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Give me a yell when you get it done I live in Grove City
mace
Old 12-02-2012, 01:54 AM
trackbird
Racer

Originally Posted by Mace
Give me a yell when you get it done I live in Grove City
mace
I'm down that way fairly often, I'll look you up.
Old 12-02-2012, 09:10 PM
Mace
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm down that way fairly often, I'll look you up.
Sounds good....
Thx
mace

Get notified of new replies

To 1991 L98 M6 - Columbus, OH

Quick Reply: 1991 L98 M6 - Columbus, OH