Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

Customized C4 for sale in NJ - Lots of Pics and Details

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 01:22 PM
XtremeTuning
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Customized C4 for sale in NJ - Lots of Pics and Details

Hey guys,

I am interested in selling an extremely customized 1988 C4 Corvette coupe. I am going to provide a link with tons of pictures and details about the car so please click on that and read through the information. If you have any questions, feel free to email me or drop me a PM.

Details about the car!

I am looking to get $22,500. I'm not in a rush to sell, but it's pretty much complete and I'd like to get working on my next project... a '90 C4 convertible... supercharged 396 w/ 200 shot NOS... 6pt bar... Shinoda/Mears kit... etc etc.

This is an absolutely amazing car and I have poured a ton of man hours and money into creating it. It certainly is not a $100k Chip Foose type of creation, but you will not find anything better for the price.

Sale Details:

The car is located in central New Jersey.

I am NOT including the HRE wheels or Baer brakes. The car will include the ZR1 wheels and a set of brand new 4 pot Baer Brake kit with 1 piece rotors.

I really don't want anything... but I will entertain interesting trades.

I will include an older 15" HP laptop with Accel DFI software installed for tuning the car.

The BAD:

The speedometer doesn't work. I installed a new VSS but but I think they didn't secure the clip on the gear that it rides on in the back of the transmission. I haven't gotten around to ripping it apart.

There is a small crack on the fiberglass side panels on the passenger side just in back of the front wheel. I kept the car on a jack too long and it slowly lowered... its low and out of the way... structurally its fine.

I'm still missing: one rear speaker cover, fuse box cover, trim around the hood pull.

The A/C does not work... its there and works on the new engine, but will require a new compressor and a charge. I simply don't use it.

If you are looking to get every last bit of performance out of this car, you should have it dyno tuned. I'd say its a 90-95% tune currently. It runs super strong yet very cool.

Those are the major issues. The car starts right up and runs like hell.

Thanks,

-JRW
Old 08-01-2013, 10:24 AM
XtremeTuning
Instructor

I will also add that there are a ton of new parts on it like a battery, alternator, headlight motors (refurbed), etc etc. With the exception of what's listed above, this car is in super shape... and ready to go ... racing... cruise nights.. car shows... You'll have a blast.

-JRW
Old 08-01-2013, 08:25 PM
XtremeTuning
Instructor

How about $20k OBO?

-JRW
Old 08-01-2013, 09:54 PM
jpee
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Original post removed .. as I did not follow up on all the "TRUE mods done to this car...

GLWS !

Last edited by jpee; 08-02-2013 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-02-2013, 09:28 AM
XtremeTuning
Instructor

Originally Posted by jpee
I'll start with $12,000 It has nothing except bolt on or stick on air dam or flaps.. + the problems you mention are NOT CHEEP to fix !! AND you are keeping the good wheels etc...

Post an honest asking price and I have my neighbor who wants a YELLOW VET !

Maybe something can be worked out..but not at your asking price.. What customizing has been done other than the bolt on airo stuff...
Wow... didn't realize there were still people like this around here. Reading would help my friend... I'll repost all of the customizations later when I get to a computer... on my phone now.

'Cheap stick on' mods include 406cid motor, custom trans, d44 rear, coilover suspension, roll bar, race seats, analogue gauges, full stereo, etc etc...

-JRW
Old 08-02-2013, 11:45 AM
dphilC4
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XtremeTuning
Wow... didn't realize there were still people like this around here. Reading would help my friend... I'll repost all of the customizations later when I get to a computer... on my phone now.

'Cheap stick on' mods include 406cid motor, custom trans, d44 rear, coilover suspension, roll bar, race seats, analogue gauges, full stereo, etc etc...

-JRW
w/Xtreme Tuning.

Go to the link the seller has posted and you will see it is much more than you think. I posted below some of the performance mods from the link.

With a custom body drenched in a flashy color, some additional power would be necessary to avoid being ‘all show and no go’. The cars original engine, transmission and rear end were scrapped immediately and replaced new custom built units. The car now packs a ton of power while remaining surprisingly streetable. The growl from the exhaust system is intoxicating. A drive around town is simple, but get too aggressive with your right foot and the rear end will kick out in an instant.

The engine remains naturally aspirated, but now displaces 406 cubic inches. Air enters through a larger throttle body and TPIS Mini-Ram induction system and exits through Hooker long tube headers and custom larger exhaust system. The fuel and spark management is controlled by an Accel Generation 7 DFI system that is programmed via a laptop. It is thought to be pushing 425-450 horsepower and was good enough for a low 11 second quarter mile time in 90 degree weather.

Specifications
Half-filled 400ci small block Chevy bored .030 over (509 4 bolt main block)
Wiseco forged pistons
Lunati connecting rods
Eagle forged crank
ARP bolts
TPIS 244 solid roller cam shaft
Comp Cams timing set
Lunati push rods
Brodix -10x heads port matched to 1205, 62cc chamber 210cc runners (rebuilt and milled) with new valves, guides, springs, retainers and locks
Crower stainless roller rockers
TPIS Miniram port matched to heads
36lb injectors
Accel 1000cfm 58mm throttle body
Accel DFI Gen 7 ECU and wiring harness

All of this power is transferred through a Pro-built 4-speed automatic transmission with a Vigilante torque converter.
Pro-built 700R4 transmission (built for 600hp street/strip use)
Vigilante 3,500rpm stall torque converter

It is then sent to the rear wheels via a Dana 44 rear end with 3.45 gears. Energy Suspension bushings were installed along with a set of coil-overs from Exotic Muscle to help the car in the twisties. Baer brakes help keep all of the power in check. It rides on either Corvette ZR1 wheels or a custom set of HRE wheels.

- See more at: http://www.jrwappel.com/my-rides/198....WmDz83WC.dpuf
Old 08-02-2013, 11:45 AM
dphilC4
Instructor

GLWS btw...
Old 08-02-2013, 01:59 PM
jpee
Race Director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

To the OP I owe you an apology, "I was wrong" as I did NOT see all of the real work & $$ & parts that you installed in the car...

I am sorry for the post & will remove it, as you truly DO have a lot more in that car than I originally thought...
Old 08-02-2013, 04:34 PM
XtremeTuning
Instructor

Originally Posted by jpee
To the OP I owe you an apology, "I was wrong" as I did NOT see all of the real work & $$ & parts that you installed in the car...

I am sorry for the post & will remove it, as you truly DO have a lot more in that car than I originally thought...
No problem... I accept your apology.

Its hard to figure out exactly what the car is worth especially where I'm not in a position where I need to sell. It is certainly not a car for everyone. I have poured a ton of time, effort and money making it truly unique... hopefully in a tasteful way.

I appreciate everyone's comments and help.

Thanks,

-JRW
Old 08-05-2013, 04:52 PM
XtremeTuning
Instructor

Not overly much interest here... trying ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Custo...ht_6534wt_1165

-JRW
Old 08-09-2013, 11:34 AM
XtremeTuning
Instructor

Only a day left...

-JRW
Old 08-11-2013, 09:02 PM
onefast99
Melting Slicks

I noticed auto-check gave you a raw score of 55(ebay), I still don't understand their formula but if its anything similiar to FICO I see why the numbers make no sense. GLWS it looks like a cool car. BTW don't ever worry about jpee he is harmless....

Get notified of new replies

To Customized C4 for sale in NJ - Lots of Pics and Details

Quick Reply: Customized C4 for sale in NJ - Lots of Pics and Details