Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

1988 Callaway Twin Turbo Aerobody

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2014, 07:55 PM
TheCarVette
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I BUMPED for you a couple times. It couldn't hurt me having that much attention close to my B2K. If my trip to CARLISLE to attempt a sale is futile I will be keeping mine! Thanks for sharing with us!
Old 08-16-2014, 10:03 PM
theseal
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Let me tell you lookers something. I just bought an 89 b2k and i REALLY like it. I believe i will be selling my c6z. A really nice c4 is just so much more enjoyable.

Plus, i am banking on these cars BLOWiNG through the roof in value soon.

The sound and feel of the turbos spooling up for 600+ ft lbs of torque is just too freaking cool!

Glwts and your buyer will be very pleased.
Old 08-18-2014, 07:35 PM
boostedmaxPSI
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by theseal
Let me tell you lookers something. I just bought an 89 b2k and i REALLY like it. I believe i will be selling my c6z. A really nice c4 is just so much more enjoyable.

The sound and feel of the turbos spooling up for 600+ ft lbs of torque is just too freaking cool!

Glwts and your buyer will be very pleased.
Please share more details about your car. Would love to hear about it.
Old 08-18-2014, 08:12 PM
boostedmaxPSI
Racer

Originally Posted by TheCarVette
I BUMPED for you a couple times. It couldn't hurt me having that much attention close to my B2K. If my trip to CARLISLE to attempt a sale is futile I will be keeping mine! Thanks for sharing with us!
I am truly in no hurry to sell. I really like the rush of the turbos. I still drive it when I can, and I still make improvement where I can in both performance and reliability.

I recently corrected the exhaust and added a full stainless steel Corsa system. Nice improvement to the B2K. Next up will be to update the AIC and a full tune which means more dyno time : )

Old 08-19-2014, 09:11 AM
vetteLT193
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 524 Likes on 314 Posts

Originally Posted by boostedmaxPSI
I am truly in no hurry to sell. I really like the rush of the turbos. I still drive it when I can, and I still make improvement where I can in both performance and reliability.

I recently corrected the exhaust and added a full stainless steel Corsa system. Nice improvement to the B2K. Next up will be to update the AIC and a full tune which means more dyno time : )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xirf...e_gdata_player
Sounds great. Those tips are awfully close to the bumper though. I highly suggest lowering them a bit. If they are too close they will burn the paint
Old 08-20-2014, 01:16 AM
theseal
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

Please share more details about your car. Would love to hear about it.
Didnt want to derail your thread. My best friend has an 88 he bought new. I was always in awe of that car. Never figured id have one... Mine is a midnight blue/saddle 89 6 spd. Mint. Callaway did the wonderbar years ago. Very pleased.

I have had 2 08z's, hated everything about them but the frame and engine. Had 03 z06 and loved the handling but never a fan of the size or looks. Love the early sharks looks but they just dont work well enough. Honestly the c4 is the best overall car. And in factory trim, the b2k 89 is IMO the best c4. Anyway, your car is really nice and if you do sell it your buyer will love it.
Old 02-21-2015, 08:08 AM
handdoc
Advanced

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Didnt want to derail your thread. My best friend has an 88 he bought new. I was always in awe of that car. Never figured id have one... Mine is a midnight blue/saddle 89 6 spd. Mint. Callaway did the wonderbar years ago. Very pleased.

I have had 2 08z's, hated everything about them but the frame and engine. Had 03 z06 and loved the handling but never a fan of the size or looks. Love the early sharks looks but they just dont work well enough. Honestly the c4 is the best overall car. And in factory trim, the b2k 89 is IMO the best c4. Anyway, your car is really nice and if you do sell it your buyer will love it.
did this car ever sell, great example!
Old 02-23-2015, 02:52 PM
boostedmaxPSI
Racer

Originally Posted by handdoc
did this car ever sell, great example!
No sir. I ended up selling two other Aerobody Callaways instead. This car remains in the fleet with constant improvements and more miles. Currently at 38,000 miles. Just took it on a weekend back road trip. Pushed 4th gear hard several times.

Here are a few pictures of me pulling into the driveway from that weekend trip.

The Corsa system is exactly what this car needed. Now running a steady 16psi pulls very hard.

I think she will stay with me for a bit longer.
Attached Images    
Old 02-23-2015, 03:27 PM
dclafleur
Le Mans Master

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Glad to hear it! Hopefully that gives me some time for the market to improve so I can pick it up next time it comes up for sale...
Old 02-23-2015, 04:21 PM
boostedmaxPSI
Racer

Originally Posted by dclafleur
Glad to hear it! Hopefully that gives me some time for the market to improve so I can pick it up next time it comes up for sale...
While not exactly the Tulsa area, I was in Lindsay, Ok on my weekend trip. One of my boys attends OU in Norman. Took the Callaway to visit him over the weekend.
Attached Images  
Old 02-23-2015, 04:29 PM
boostedmaxPSI
Racer

I fully agree.

Think about this for a second.

This car is 26 years old now, imagine the wrath these cars brought on the streets in '88-'89. There was absolutely no competition. This car pulls like a freight train effortlessly to 150Mph, grab another gear and more MPH is in store... and I still run the factory tune from Callaway in 1988!!!!

I was messing around with a guy in a brand new M5 a few weeks back - poor fella had no idea what just happened to him. It was funny to watch him just give up after a few blips of the throttle.

Post a pic of your new ride.
Old 02-23-2015, 04:42 PM
dclafleur
Le Mans Master

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

While not exactly the Tulsa area, I was in Lindsay, Ok on my weekend trip. One of my boys attends OU in Norman. Took the Callaway to visit him over the weekend.
I've got a couple of degrees from OU, I daily drive a C5 Z06 which is a ton of fun, but it also has really cemented how much I love C4's. I hope to add a Callaway and a ZR-1 to the collection one of these days but first I need to save to build a bigger garage and shop..
Old 02-24-2015, 05:36 AM
handdoc
Advanced

just an awesome car, enjoy it!
Old 09-20-2015, 10:30 AM
boostedmaxPSI
Racer

Great time this year at the annual Texas event Runway Rivalry II.

Half mile racing trapping 134mph. Not bad for an old Vette.

I think I have done all there can be done with this Callaway.

Road trips
Auto cross
Half Mile drag races
Car Shows
NCM GTG

Might be time for a new owner.

Any interest out there?
Old 09-20-2015, 03:25 PM
handdoc
Advanced

Great time this year at the annual Texas event Runway Rivalry II.

http://youtu.be/gy8aWkgJlGs

Half mile racing trapping 134mph. Not bad for an old Vette.

I think I have done all there can be done with this Callaway.

Road trips
Auto cross
Half Mile drag races
Car Shows
NCM GTG

Might be time for a new owner.

Any interest out there?

price?
does it need anything?
Old 09-21-2015, 09:09 AM
boostedmaxPSI
Racer

Originally Posted by handdoc
price?
does it need anything?
Price is $32,000 but I'm open to hear offers. A very detailed description of my car is the first post.

Need anything? I wouldn't say that it "needs" anything but that will differ from each buyer and what they are looking for in a car.

Over the summer I updated the 27 year old coolant and oil lines to and from the turbos. I had the custom made using the latest technology in hose and fittings.

For me personally, there are two areas that are still on my list to update. Being a resident of Texas and a guy who drives his car... A modern aluminum radiator from say... DeWitt will replace the Callaway brass radiator. Lastly, the driver seat is starting to show signs of wear. I would like to source an OEM replacement. Other then that, I wouldn't hesitate to drive across country on a moments notice.

PM me your contact info if you would like to discuss things in more detail.

-FS
Old 09-23-2015, 12:32 PM
LT5corsa
1994 Admiral Blue ZZZZZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 97 Likes on 41 Posts
Northeast Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16

Bump for an AWESOME CAR!!

I am hoping he does NOT sell this car, it's one of the most sorted out Callaway TT's out there!

First class owner and one I wouldn't hesitate in buying from

David
Old 09-25-2015, 04:37 PM
1993C4LT1
Race Director

Received 615 Likes on 494 Posts

Think I've seen this car at the Plano c&c

Quick Reply: 1988 Callaway Twin Turbo Aerobody