1988 Callaway Twin Turbo Corvette #57
Silver Exterior, Red interior. The only one I’ve ever seen in this color combo. RPO B2K
or interesting trade such as C3 and cash
Stock motor with updated GM GEN III FIC injectors. Replaced valve springs and added new valve stem seals. 5 speed Kiesler
TKO600 with SPEC Stage II clutch (still have orig. 4+3 and overdrive unit)
option installed and updated wastegate springs
Both tops are included
Approx 420Hp and 540Tq
to the wheels with 12psi of boost.
Approximately 500 RPO B2K cars made from 1987 to 1991. A very interesting time for Corvette and Callaway Cars to bring the twin turbo option to the consumer. In its hay day, the Callaway Twin Turbo Corvette was sweeping top speed races such as Gathering of Eagles in 1987/88 posting speeds over 190Mph with a “normal” Callaway Twin Turbo. Those speeds are amazing even by today’s car standards.
What does the future hold for these extremely rare optioned corvettes? Only time can tell.
My car is often mistaken for the infamous 1988 Sledgehammer (car #51) running 254.76mph at the Ohio Transportation Center in October 1988. I humbly correct the curious enquirer however, as the new owner you can call it whatever you like : )
Runs and drives with no shakes or shimmies. Steering points straight, unless you push on the go fast peddle too fast and bring the car into boost too quickly. Makes for some serious fun followed by a rush of endorphins.
Everything works as it should. Bose, cruise control, HVAC, lights, dash, windows, dual sport seats…
The driver seat is intact however; the Sport leather seat is starting to show its age of 25 years. Not bad, but not perfect. Some minor cracks in plastic trim around screw holes. Typical C4 era issues. Nothing serious.
Not perfect but in extremely good condition. No body issues whatsoever. All panels are lined up. This is an accident free car with a clean car history. I do drive my cars and thoroughly enjoy them.
The engine is solid and does not make any weird noises or have serious leaks. Car starts and runs. I still have all emissions installed as it was delivered from Callaway Cars with the exception of the high flow random tech catalytic converters. Passes Texas emissions with no issues. I have every year of emissions test during my ownership to show mileage and the health of the engine over the years.
Maintenance items replaced and or addressed?
• Factory Brass radiator rebuilt
• BIG Wonderbar added. Still have factory original.
• Upgrade oil scavenging system on serpentine system to the 1991 Callaway specification
• Upgraded to new GM GENIII injectors (makes for a much smoother “tip in” on the throttle)
• Microfueler replaced with a modern aftermarket unit. Callaway Cars rebuilt my OEM unit. Goes with the car and easily can be swapped back. No gain by doing so.
• Keisler TKO600 installed. Replaced factory 4+3 unit. Car is more enjoyable to drive with a modern gear box. OEM 4+3 and OD unit go with car.
• Spec Stage II Kevlar and Ceramic clutch added to hold the torque.
• Aerobody added in 2009. ( just the lenses for an Aerobody are over $2200)
• New Tires
• 1996 GrandSport “CORVETTE” brake calipers and rotors added. OEM units go with car.
• True 2.5” dual exhaust system with X pipe and Magnaflow mufflers. (Car needs 3” exhaust”)
• Very rare Callaway Owners kit
To replicate the items added above, $20,000 or more would be spent.
Please feel free to send me a PM if you would like a more in depth conversation. Thank you for your interest.
More pictures can be seen here:
See how it runs here:
Hear it better here: