Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

1987 z52 coupe 4+3 manual white/tan/stock low miles/18" fikse wheels

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2014, 06:26 PM
theseal
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 27 Posts

yes, i would sell them separately. let me knw.
Old 07-31-2014, 08:35 PM
theseal
Drifting

see 1

Last edited by theseal; 01-08-2015 at 02:13 PM.
Old 12-23-2014, 03:01 AM
theseal
Drifting

see 1

Last edited by theseal; 01-08-2015 at 02:13 PM.
Old 12-23-2014, 08:21 PM
mazdaverx7
Le Mans Master

Received 558 Likes on 399 Posts

Pics are no longer showing up...
Old 01-08-2015, 02:14 PM
theseal
Drifting

Originally Posted by mazdaverx7
Pics are no longer showing up...
ttt with pics
Old 01-26-2015, 07:30 AM
Black Echo
8th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is this car still for sale? If so, I'm interested.
Old 01-28-2015, 12:34 AM
V60050
Racer

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

Current mileage?
Old 01-28-2015, 04:40 PM
theseal
Drifting

still under 67k miles. i drove it to work today (40 miles down i-10)... but dont drive it much these days.
Old 02-11-2015, 11:35 AM
Wheelman89
1st Gear

This car still for sale?
Old 02-14-2015, 02:11 PM
Leftoverture
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow. How is it this car could still be for sale? This is a great car for the money, especially if it still has the Fikse wheels. Someone should snap this one up!
Old 02-17-2015, 02:56 PM
Tu-Blanc
Advanced

Originally Posted by theseal
1987 Chevrolet Corvette z52 coupe
4+3 manual
white/tan/stock low miles/18" fikse wheels very nice

TTT: with updated description.

1987 Z52 4+3 Coupe, White/Tan, glass top, low 66k miles, great car!

I have known this car since 2004, it was owned by a friend. I have spent a bunch of money getting it ready to be a reliable weekend cruiser and an SCCA “B Street” Solo 2 autocross competitor. The car is stock except for a Borla exhaust and msd coil/hei parts.

The car is in very good shape.

The interior is in very good shape, no rips, tears, nothing falling apart, no holes, etc., but not show quality anymore. Very good driver quality though.

The dash is perfect, and carpet is very good. To really show, it needs seat covers and a console pad. (No rips, tears, cracks, or major discoloration, just aging now, showing creasing and some slight fading around the seams).

It could use a carpet cleaning, and some of the carpet lines along the seams are getting a little wavy with age. The weatherstrip is really good, nothing needed there.

The digital gauges all work, but the tach and speedo colors fade together so they are hard to read.

I just repaired the AC and it works great. (A Chevrolet dealer that also does world class showcars does all the work on this car).

My friend put a later model GM factory stereo unit in it, in order to have a cd player, which looks factory, but now it work intermittently. Its not a priority for me so i have not messed with it but my friend thinks its just a loose connection.

It has a new battery, MAF relays, new shocks.

Later, because I was going to race it, I put a new clutch and pressure plate (top quality McLeod, a $1500 clutch, you’ll never need another one), brake booster, clutch and brake master cylinders, a new and all new calipers, rotors and pads on the car, with stainless braided lines.

I had the limited slip completely rebuilt, and I had the Chevrolet dealer put all new fluids of every kind through the entire car, (coolant, oil, trans fluid, ps fluid, brake fluid, diff fluid, etc., all Amsoil and Mobil 1 synthetics)….

I also had them put on a new belt and tensioner, and all new coolant hoses throughout, with a new thermostat and all filters.

I also had a new alternator, coil, cap and rotor, plugs, wires, and ignition module put on for good measure, and had the injectors cleaned. I put a new MAS on it as well.

All of this stuff worked before I had it updated, but I just never wanted it to leave me stranded or fail to run at an autocross, so I replaced it all.

I spent about $14,000 on the car, but now I just don’t have the time to deal with it as planned. This will be a great street car, with just minor work a great show car, as well as a great autocross car, just like it is. The dash is an easy fix, the interior can be show quality with very little expense.

The paint ranges from perfect on the hood and sides, to decent on the rear bumper top and one mirror. The rear bumper top is fine and not oxidized badly like most c4’s, not peeling either; but is not quite as pristine as the painted fiberglass panels. I have shown a closeup in the ad.

My friend painted one mirror due to a scuff from a garage door on it. It looks great, just like the hood; but the other mirror just has tiny hairline spiderweb pattern in the older paint for some reason. It is not noticeable from 10 feet, but if you look close you can see the pattern. There is one very minor scuff on the rear bumper… dead center, which you can see in the photo if you look carefully; other than that the car really looks very, very nice.

I looked hard before I bought the car and dont believe it has ever otherwise been wrecked or repainted. I am not aware of any accidents or bodywork other than as described. I know it has not been in any incidents since 2004.

I have owned vettes of all years up to 2008, and I think the 1987 Corvette is one of the best handling Corvette ever made. It does make 345 ft. lbs of torque, so it also scoots pretty good. The z52 is the perfect combination of reasonable spring and sway bar rates, but aggressive frame stiffening and fast ratio steering.

I think the 87 is one of the best corvettes made. The 1988 and later cars got heavier, and GM changed the Corvette front suspension significantly, for reasons *other than* good performance. The later cars, including c6's have traction control and abs programming that i hate.

As far as weight goes, while commonly published weight figures do not vary much through the years, in reality the early cars are much lighter. This car weighs well under 3120 pounds with a full 18 gallons of gas, as it sits today. It is over 260 pounds lighter than my similarly equipped 1990 6 speed car, a very noticeable difference.

I think its’ the best sportscar bang for the buck on the planet right now.

Finally, the wheels shown are a set of $4000 Fikse FM5 wheels. They look really nice, and are extremely light, high quality wheels. They are 18 x 10 front and 18 x 11 rear. They are lighter than c5 z06 wheels. They have a $1500 set of Yokohama AO48’s in really good shape mounted on them. 285/30/18 front and 315 rear. Though full tread and safe, the tires are a few years old, so they are not quite as sticky as fresh. The factory 16 x 9.5 wheels also come with the car, and are in show quality condition, which is actually fairly rare and valuable these days.

I am listing the car with these wheels, but if you want only the stock 16 x 9.5” factory wheels, you can take $1800 off this price. The only tires I have for the 16’s are Kumho v710’s, and they are one year old.

Asking $8900. Car is west of Houston.

is the car still for sale with the wheels? I am very interested and located in La.
Old 02-25-2015, 07:49 PM
Scott Luttrell
Advanced

Default fiske wheels

Originally Posted by theseal
Ttt

Getting Ac fixed now.
Hi, are the wheels still for sale? I own a 87 callaway that i'd like to put them on, I'm in conway sc (near Mertyle beach) 484-889-2427 thanks scott

Quick Reply: 1987 z52 coupe 4+3 manual white/tan/stock low miles/18" fikse wheels