Notices
C4s for Sale/Wanted Private Classifieds: Used C4 Corvettes For Sale as well as Modified or Stock Corvettes

Excellent 1990 track car for sale -with TRAILER

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2014, 09:59 AM
Z07coupe
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Excellent 1990 track car for sale -with TRAILER

$17,500 negotiable

This is a very well prepared track car. Could be street legal.
Trailer with cargo boxes and tire rack included.
39,000 mile no hit body.
This 24 year old factory Z51 competes in NCCC high speed events and local track days. Only used several days per year.
Suspension:
The FX3 suspension was modified with special one-off PROMs, burned by Bilstein. This allows for inserting different cards for varying track conditions. In addition, this is the car which the 'Morocca valving' option was designed and tested for Bilstein.
Z51 springs
Global West Delalum front end bushings
Poly third member bushings.
Exotic Muscle aluminum Heim jointed camber rods and trailing arms.
R & D Camber Brace
Five point roll bar for rear stability, with front diagonal brace for additional support.
Engine Compartment:
Turnkey 383 cubic inch engine built, tuned and installed by Cottrell Racing Engines (TPIS), Chaska, MN, producing 483 hp and 488 pound/foot torque. Less than 800 miles on this engine.
Chevrolet (four bolt main) small block, bored .030 over.
Scat forged crankshaft.
Line bored, honed, decked and balanced.
K & N air filter with cut lid.
Lingenfelter SuperRam with 52mm throttle body.
TPIS AFR-CNC heads, ported and polished.
Port matched plenum.
Diamond Racing forged pistons, ceramic and PTFE coated. 10.5 compression ratio. Built for 93 octane.
Hooker Supercomp headers, ceramic coated.
Ron Davis Racing radiator.
Large Setrab oil cooler, plumbed with Aeroquip fittings.
Canton 7 quart road racing pan.
(Three quart Accusump pre-oiling system, electric and manual valves. Removed)
MSD 6 AL box with rev limiter.
Racetronix high capacity fuel pump.
Corsa custom factory installed stainless exhaust system with cat eliminators.
Autometer gauges.

Clutch and Transmission:
Fidanza aluminum flywheel and ceramic clutch.
ZF 6 speed with 'ZF Doc' shifter.

Brakes:
Wilwood 13" GNIII front brakes with 13" x 1 3/8" slotted rotors.
DRM 13" ZR1, front to rear brake kit with Grand Sport front calipers and 13" rotors to rear.
Custom C5 master cylinder. With external Wilwood proportioning valve.
Performance Friction brake pads
Front and rear SS braided brake hoses, with DOT 4 racing brake fluid.
Custom fiberglass air dam, with two silicone air cooling ducts for each front brake.
I am not an aggressive driver. The same front pads have been on the car since I purchased it in 2007.

Wheels and Tires.
Arnold GS wheels, black with machined lip, 17"x 11", front and rear.
Kumho V710 Victoracer tires, 315/35/17.

Safety:
Sabelt and Simpson 5 point harnesses.
Kill switch mounted on roll bar behind driver.
Autopower five point roll bar with additional front diagonal support.
Kirkey roll bar padding.
Fire extinguisher mount.
Custom front tow hook. (eyelet)
Front jack pads.

Selling because it is more work to load/unload at my age/health. Only used one to four days per year.
For those who can remember, this car was built by H Rocks.
This car is so good, I refuse to part it out.
I'll post photos when I figure out how.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:31 PM
93Rubie
Safety Car

Received 185 Likes on 129 Posts

WOW Z07coupe cannot believe your giving up the car. Wish I had the money to buy it. GLWS. Hope it finds a good home.
Old 03-29-2014, 04:37 PM
l98tpi
Max G’s
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 73 Likes on 63 Posts
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Wow, this would make a great car for someone and even I includes a trailer. Let's see those Picts.
Old 03-30-2014, 02:34 PM
Suffolk Paul
3rd Gear

I'd love to use this as a weekend/autox car, but it would have to pass NYS inspection. Do the lights/blinkers/horn/hazards function? Guess I'd have to eliminate the kill switch too...

Would you be willing to sell the car only, w/o the trailer, if so, what would the asking price be?

Do the heim joints in the suspension require any special care, assuming the car would occasionally see weekend driving & rainfall?
Old 03-31-2014, 10:57 AM
Z07coupe
Racer

Originally Posted by 93Rubie
WOW Z07coupe cannot believe your giving up the car. Wish I had the money to buy it. GLWS. Hope it finds a good home.
Rubie,
I would love to sell you this car. Your technical knowledge and driving skills have exploded in the last years. You would appreciate all the big and little items on this car. We can get creative, and I could even deliver it to my old hometown, which I was hoping to visit this year. I want to donate something to the Jimmy Stewart Museum, and party with my old IUP/Phone Booth friends. I moved to Shelocta in '71 to attend IUP after my Army service. I was a bartender at the Booth when it first opened in '73, then when we got married, we owned the farm house at the Alta Vista Dairy Farm in '77 through '85. What a great town.
This car is good enough to pass on to your future kids.
Paul
Old 04-02-2014, 10:11 PM
93Rubie
Safety Car

Received 185 Likes on 129 Posts

Thanks for the kind words. I've learned a lot but not yet where I want to be in many ways driving and other. Wish I had the coin for your car. I already have one car payment on my DD, and I cannot afford another. LOL.

Let me know via PM when your out this way. Maybe we can have a drink and chat for a bit.
Old 08-10-2014, 02:41 PM
Z07coupe
Racer

Rubie,
I have not been on the forum for months. The trip to Indiana never happened, but we did get to Bethany Beach, Delaware, for a week. Hope you have had a fruitful summer. My track car is still in the garage. I never really promoted it past racingjunk.com. Used it at Hallett, Oklahoma, for a fun day. Have some pro photos of it. Looks great. How would it look in your garage? Price has dropped to ??

What kind of racing have you done this year? Did you ever get to Beaver Run this year and try the track?
Paul

Originally Posted by 93Rubie
Thanks for the kind words. I've learned a lot but not yet where I want to be in many ways driving and other. Wish I had the coin for your car. I already have one car payment on my DD, and I cannot afford another. LOL.

Let me know via PM when your out this way. Maybe we can have a drink and chat for a bit.

Get notified of new replies

To Excellent 1990 track car for sale -with TRAILER

Quick Reply: Excellent 1990 track car for sale -with TRAILER